Kirby 20th Anniversary Disc for Wii

Official site is up: http://kirby.nintendo.com/dreamcollection/

The music for the Smash Challenge stage is Kirby Air Ride's City theme and Smash Bros Melee Polygon fight.

It also turns out that the challenge stages that are returning from Return to Dream Land (Whip, Sword, etc) are completely different between, so they're not copy/paste jobs that some people thought.

I can't wait for this game. Only about 22 days to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157631441587268/

Yeah I want this.

Besides, I've only played Dream Land 3 once when I was little, so I'm looking forward to that.

still bummed about the lack of dream course though

Got it today.

It's pretty awesome; I can smoothly play Kirby's Dream Land for once and the challenge stages are really nice.

Also, Last Land's map is the Shiver Star theme.

Those of you who haven't gotten this game and consider themselves a Kirby fan of sorts should definitely get this game, it wipes its ass with Mario's Anniversary bundle of crap.

The six games are all great, although the controls on Kirby's Dream Land are bit wonky because the Up button on the D-pad or control stick is used to float, which can really be a hassle.

The history section is neat and has music from its respective games to see it. You can also view the original box art of the games and see gameplay trailers. Also, the anime, as previously mentioned, has three viewable episodes. It's a great feeling to see Kirby: Right Back at Ya! on my television, reminds me of the good ol' days when it still aired...

The challenge stages are hard. Seriously, I only got gold in the Sword and silver on everything else besides the EX challenges, which I got bronze on. Fucking Smasher challenge. :mad: Oh, and the music for the Smash Challenge Stage and Smash EX? The first one has the Drag Race theme from Kirby Air Ride and the EX one has the Miracle Matter fight music from Kirby 64.

The included art book is super great and features some unreleased artwork, which is all kinds of awesome. I have yet to pop in the soundtrack, but it includes 50 tunes.

tl;dr: Get this game, you will not regret it.

Pyro said:
Also, Last Land's map is the Shiver Star theme.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by that. Shiver Star's map theme was my second favorite map theme in Kirby 64, right behind Ripple Star's.

I probably won't get this too soon, as I'm trying to save up for a Wii U, but I do have a question for you. How do the SNES games control? I'm assuming you need a classic controller or a Gamecube controller.

Nope, you use the Wii Remote and it plays like a charm although the Gamecube controller and Classic Controller will work as a substitute.

Sorry, SKMM. Try not to go bananas, though. At least you can still play all these individually, right?

Fassad said:
The challenge stages are hard. Seriously, I only got gold in the Sword and silver on everything else besides the EX challenges, which I got bronze on. Fucking Smasher challenge. :mad: Oh, and the music for the Smash Challenge Stage and Smash EX? The first one has the Drag Race theme from Kirby Air Ride and the EX one has the Miracle Matter fight music from Kirby 64.
Really? I got gold on the Spark & Smash challenges. Also, the Miracle Matter music isn't the only one playing on the Smash Combat EX challenge. I once had the True Arena battle music from KSSU play on one of my retries.

The Magolor races are more annoying than the actual challenges in my opinion, ESPECIALLY Magolor Race EX.

To be fair, I've only done the challenges once, so I haven't bothered to retry for anything higher yet. Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64 are too good to put down.

Magikrazy said:
Sorry, SKMM. Try not to go bananas, though. At least you can still play all these individually, right?
I can, I don't think any of the Game Boy games are on VC yet though.

After trying 10 times, I have come to the conclusion that Smash Challenge EX is the most impossible thing I have ever played. You cant beat the damn thing without getting hit. If it's not fucking Water Galboros and Dubior that gets you its the damn Kibble Blade and Gigant Edge duo. Oh, and that part where you have to kill all the enemies without letting them fall into the pit? Impossible. At least the Miracle Matter music makes up for it.

Same applies for Smash Challenge. I either get hit by Dubior or by the mass amounts of Waddle Dees. I love both the Drag Race and alternate City Trial music they put for this stage, though.

On the other hand, I finally got the Platinum Medal on Sword Challenge.

Oh, fuck Smash Challenge EX. It's the only challenge I can't even manage a silver on. There's many reasons.

A. Fuck the Duboir and Kibble Blade duo. If I'm trying to hit Kibble Blade with the side hammer after Dubior crashes into the wall, the game will always think I'm trying to do the dash kick, and I kick right into Duboir.
B. Bonkers can fuck himself.
C. During the retraded sequence with the gold Waddle Dees, I try to use Twinkle Star continuously because Twinkle Star can't break metal blocks, but the air hammer can. Of course, the game's stupid enough to make me do the air hammer even if I don't have any direction input.
D. Whispy Woods takes too damn long to kill.

ThreeThousand said:
That Magolor EX race can go fornicate with itself.
Per.

On another note, I've managed to get a gold on the Parasol Challenge, Normal Challenge, and Magolor Race Level 3.

Just got Platinum in Parasol and Spark Challenge. :posh:

EDIT: Got Platinum in Magolor Race 1 with Sword, Parasol, and Spark.

If you get all Platinum medals with all three abilities in the race, the door gets a Crown.

Later today, I shall conquer Apricot Atrium.

I've gotten gold on just about everything except the EX challenges and a few races. What are the score requirements for platinum medals?

I only know the scores for getting Platinum in the first world.

Sword is 27,500+ points. This one is fairly easy.

Parasol is 28,500+ points. This one is hard as balls.

Spark is 27,500+ points. This one is pretty damn hard.

Magolor Race 1 is 25,500+ points for every one of them. Good luck with the parasol Magolor race. That's the hardest one. Spark is definitely the easiest.

Got Silver in Magolor Race Ex, but still have bronze in the Smash EX.

On the other hand, I got Platinum on the Whip Challenge and Platinum on the Fighter Combat challenge. Both are evil and took like 1.5 hours each. For Whip, its basically how fast can you crack it and for fighter combat, it's basically a memorization of the enemy spawning and spamming the shit out of the hadouken.

Wing is beyond insane though, holy shit.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just got Platinum on Wing. I will have to do the Magolor races later.

after school today ill probably try to get golds in apricot atrium

that damn wing challenge

Back