New Super Mario Bros. 2

MnSG said:
Well, I've been able to achieve the 10,000 coin mark in Coin Rush by getting the following levels...

1: World 1-A
2: World 1-5
3: World 1-Tower

I got 10,000 coins on those levels too.

40 dollars on a game that I beat in a day and a half god damn it Nintendo you crafty bastards :posh:

I beat NSMBW in 2 days, so NSMB2 must not be that much shorter.

I'll take my time, just like I did with Super Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword.

NSY said:
taking Warp Cannons and beating all World 9 levels and getting all star coins?

Beating NSMBW didn't take me long. Probably about a month then it took me about 2 years to get all Star Coins and beat those annooying levels and getting their Star Coins. World 9-7 and World 9 (that scrolling desert with Bob-ombs) *chills*

YoshiGo99 said:
NSY said:

Beating NSMBW didn't take me long. Probably about a month then it took me about 2 years to get all Star Coins and beat those annooying levels and getting their Star Coins. World 9-7 and World 9 (that scrolling desert with Bob-ombs) *chills*

The one where you had to position it right and freeze the piranha? That star coin alone took me a day. But I re-did it and it was easy... And the one with those munchers? That took me about 4 hours. In all I finished NSMBW in a week or so.

YoshiGo99 said:
NSY said:

The main game.

Crackin355 said:
I'll take my time, just like I did with Super Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword.
this
I just don't understand why people want to rush through a game so darn fast the first time they get it. Games aren't meant to be enjoyed like that IMO.

Byakuya Togami said:
saved

Even if you've 100% completed the game, you'll still have to keep playing to achieve the 1 million coin goal. At least Coin Rush gives you a reason to keep going.

Boidoh said:
YoshiGo99 said:
NSY said:

The one where you had to position it right and freeze the piranha? That star coin alone took me a day. But I re-did it and it was easy... And the one with those munchers? That took me about 4 hours. In all I finished NSMBW in a week or so.

World 9 itself took me a Few hours. But that level with the munchers was a pain. The one where you melt the ice and go under it then jump back up wasn't the hardest, the other one was, but I got it because I had lucky timing.

But I beat the game twice at different times. I beat the main game when I first got it. Then a year later I beat it while getting all the star coins and stuff you need for the stars on the profile. So maybe it was because I had played the levels before, made it a bit easier for me.

MnSG said:
Even if you've 100% completed the game, you'll still have to keep playing to achieve the 1 million coin goal. At least Coin Rush gives you a reason to keep going.
Yeah fuck that I'll let my little brother accomplish that

MnSG said:

When did it become something that you had no choice but to do. As far as I know, I'm going to play the levels, get the star coins and that's it. There's no way I Have to get 1 million coins.

Yeah, no way am I going to set my mind to achieving that goal
just for a title screen change

Mariomario64 said:
Yeah, no way am I going to set my mind to achieving that goal
just for a title screen change
The Goomba's Shoe would have been 900 times better :posh:

For those who like to do Coin Rush, here's some information to get down...

If you defeat Bowser, the next time you play Coin Rush as Mario (NOT as White Raccoon Mario), you'll be given a free Gold Flower in your inventory. It can only be used once in your run though, so try to use it at a level where you're bound to collect a lot of coins.

I got it, I beat the first world and it's been good so far.

I got World 2 & World Mushroom already. The secret exit in the fortress reminded me of a secret exit from the first NSMB. Wonder if it was intentional.

The thing that I don't like about this game is that they reused almost all of the its music from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It would have been nice to have a more original soundtrack, but whatever.

I like it, I finished World 1 & 2 today and got a bit into the Mushroom World. Some of the secrets are really well hidden, some I still haven't found. Although, I've only seen the old flower in two levels and I kinda want it a bit more often. It's pretty nifty to obliterate everything and get rewarded.

And there's a ton of levels I noticed. Maybe I just forgot how many we're in the previous ones, but it feels like its taking me a lot more time.

Back