New Super Mario Bros. 2

It's online now:

I don't mind, but I could make higher quality Screenshots, if you've requested.

I'm really liking the level design they have going for this game. It seems they were going for vertical levels more.

Game isn't as good as I first thought it would be, what I find diss appointing is 1.Reused music a lot 2.Some levels look really short 3.They rehashed most of the boss battles from NSMBW. I will have a review out by tomorrow night, thinking of about an 8/10 right now unless I see new footage.

Dude, the game didn't even come out. Wait a little bit. From the footage I've seen this looks like a damn good Mario game and since it's gonna be harder that that's one more selling point for me.

THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER
NO WAIT FUCK THIS GAME AND FUCK YOU ‎TECHNICKAL FOR MAKING ME THING THE GOOMBA S SHOE WAS COMING BACK

So you don't like the game for not having Goomba's Shoe? Seems quite silly if you asked me.

MnSG said:
So you don't like the game for not having Goomba's Shoe? Seems quite silly if you asked me.
Well what am I supposed to like about this came? am I supposed to like the ridiculous premise (even by Mario standards) am I supposed to like the fact that it's literally the same game as NSMB and NSMBWii with different levels and enemies? am i supposed to like the fact that instead of making new bosses they just reused old ones that sucked?

Marshal Dan Troop said:
NO WAIT FUCK THIS GAME AND FUCK YOU ‎TECHNICKAL FOR MAKING ME THING THE GOOMBA S SHOE WAS COMING BACK

Marshal Dan Troop said:
MnSG said:
Well what am I supposed to like about this came? am I supposed to like the ridiculous premise (even by Mario standards) am I supposed to like the fact that it's literally the same game as NSMB and NSMBWii with different levels and enemies? am i supposed to like the fact that instead of making new bosses they just reused old ones that sucked?

Okay, let me rephrase his question. How does a few goomba shoe levels make a game the best in the world, but having none turn it into the worst?

Crackin355 said:
Marshal Dan Troop said:

Marshal Dan Troop said:
MnSG said:

Okay, let me rephrase his question. How does a few goomba shoe levels make a game the best in the world, but having none turn it into the worst?
Because the Goomba's Shoe is the greatest power up ever

Crackin355 said:
Does that mean any game without the goomba's shoe, you hate?
No it means that any game that i'm told has the Goombas shoe really doesn't sucks

For the people about Online: I haven't noticed anything similar to that.
Multiplayer seems to only have Local Wireless.

Marshal Dan Troop said:
MnSG said:

"am I supposed to like the ridiculous premise"

Collecting coins? That's too absurd! Now a Shoe that somehow lets you walk on spikes and kill Piranha Plants? Totally reasonable!

"am i supposed to like the fact that instead of making new bosses they just reused old ones that sucked?"

You didn't see any of the bosses, did you?

I like how in your mind, some overrated shoe yells "Oh yeah, this game doesn't suck!"

It's definitely different to what I expected. I thought it was 'just another NSB game', but they're really making it different with the whole 'coin collecting' concept. I thought it was just another gimmick, but they really made it affect pretty much EVERY level. It adds a whole metroidvania feel to it, with all the secrets to get coins everywhere.

Marshal Dan Troop said:
Crackin355 said:
Does that mean any game without the goomba's shoe, you hate?
No it means that any game that i'm told has the Goombas shoe really doesn't sucks

You do realize that the Goomba's Shoe only appeared in one level in Super Mario Bros. 3, right? Not exactly anything to write home about.

Marshal Dan Troop said:
MnSG said:
Dont disagree as much as the other members, but this is still redicolous, who cares about the Goomba Shoe, get over it, its still a good/decent game without it.

BTW review coming out by 5:00pm, I think im now going to give it an 8.5/10, besides the game does have 9 worlds, more than NSMB on the DS.

Anyone know what the game over theme/screen is yet? They should just send you back to the beginning of the game if you get a game over.

More news, just for you.

1. Luigi is unlockable, after defeating Bowser (hold L+R on the Save File Screen).
CTR-SMB2-1.png

2. World Star requires 90 Star Coins, in order to access it.
CTR-SMB2-2.png

3. Bonecoaster is in this game.
CTR-SMB2-3.png

How is this game in terms of difficulty (either in general or compared to NSMB)?

Back