New Super Mario Bros. 2

Basically, if you download the game, and your 3DS breaks down afterwards, you'll have to redownload the game again if you get another 3DS system. If you buy the retail copy, however, you won't have to worry about wasting additional cash, but you'll only get 50 coins for registering it.

I just had a thought; maybe Nintendo could make it so that if your eShop account is registered with Club Nintendo, and you register the same Club Nintendo account on a second 3DS, your funds and purchases could carry over?

Now I know that probably doesn't happen, but that would be a really nice feature.

I would like to know is it like MK7 multiplayer. Only one person needs the game and the other person does the multiplayer download thing

YoshiGo99 said:
I would like to know is it like MK7 multiplayer. Only one person needs the game and the other person does the multiplayer download thing
I hope so because then me and my brother could play.

Mariomario64 said:
I think it's been stated that both players needed a cartridge when doing co-op play.
Darnit. Well actually it may be not be a problem, my friend and his brother both have a 3DS and usually get two of the same games such as MK7 and they get NSMB for both of themSelves.

Man I wish it was only 1 cartridge for multiplayer

MnSG, it's no PSN or XBOX Live you're talking about.
Really, I've linked my Japanese Club-Nintendo Account to the eShop on 2 3DS's, and I can't see anything I've downloaded on the other 3DS, and if I wanted to get the same game on my other 3DS, I had to buy it again.

It's annoying, Nintendo should fix that, before actually doing that.
I mean, even the Mac App Store is able to do that, same for PS Store, and Google Play has even more options for (re-)downloading.

NSY and YoshiGo99, the eShop already confirmed, that Download Play can be used in NSMB2.

Mariomario64 said:
I think it's been stated that both players needed a cartridge when doing co-op play.
I don't trust you anymore.

Sorry people, I've been to fast.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abej/index.html
Nintendo's site confirms otherwise.

Hint: Look at the bottom.
ico_local_play.gif
means "Local Play" (aka, 2 Game Cards).
ico_download_play.gif
means "Download Play" (aka, 1 Game Card).

MKGirlism said:
MnSG, it's no PSN or XBOX Live you're talking about.
Really, I've linked my Japanese Club-Nintendo Account to the eShop on 2 3DS's, and I can't see anything I've downloaded on the other 3DS, and if I wanted to get the same game on my other 3DS, I had to buy it again.

If you read my last post more clearly, I stated "redownload", which pretty much means that your eShop downloads are not transferrable between 3DS systems.

I was aiming on "redownload" as well, but I didn't know you meant something like that.

Less than a month left! I'm excited!

Oh geebus, ignore Shadiwulf. I've known him for all five years I've been on the Sega forums (as Pur-Rulz), and he's always looking for a reason to rag on Nintendo.

AirMario64 said:
I feel like this series would have been better as "New Super Mario World"

right?

Or if it had been just an original name.

But it's just a title. Changing it won't change the game. Besides, I haven't seen Yoshi in this game.

Back