New Super Mario Bros. 2

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
4. So the 3DS 3D sucks it doesn't add any value to games
It doesn't suck. Its great.

I suppose by "value," you mean that the 3D is important to gameplay and is not just a nice-looking gimmick, and I'll have to agree that the only game in which I've seen that thus far is SM3DLand.

Xenophon P. Wilfley said:
SuperNick3DLand said:
Why this game is starting too interest me more now.

1:With the 1,000,000 coin goal, it will make people keep coming back, = a high replay value.
2:The low time mode with one life will interest hardcore players
3:If you really can play the whole game with mario and luigi co-op, that would be great
4:Besides, its going to be the first 2d mario game that uses ''Stereostopic 3D''
1. Yeah Bull*bleep* replay value that makes you play the same levels over and over in order to accomplish a tedious goal.
2. No it wont it will piss off Hardcore gamer's
3. It would be alright
4. So the 3DS 3D sucks it doesn't add any value to games

How so? It will make the game more challenging which is what hardcore mario gamers want isn't it?

I think the one life things still kinda bullshit. Other might like getting stuck on the same level a lot, but I do like to progress further rather than being stuck on one place, getting bored, not bothering passing it and not caring about the game anymore. Atleast, that happens to me sometimes and I find it stupid.

Others can like it though

RandomGuy said:
So you can only have one life when you're doing co-op? *bleep*
No. When you StreetPass someone you can have the challenge of completing 3 random levels with only 1 life. Losing means you just lose and you can only try again when you StreetPass someone again. If I'm right you receive the StreetPass'ed person's record and you have to beat that.

That explains it. I want things to attack you from the background, so the 3D could be used

My mom promised to get this when it comes out in August as a gift for getting into a Prepratory school.

This kid actually starting to look good. The entire group art looks fucking awesome! Coins popping out of pipes. The Koopalings in the Koopa Clown Car. All gold enemies (The Golden Bills look like Bombshell Bills) and some other awesome stuff

Minuette said:
skulldug13 said:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 looks so col I gust can't wet.
The manual advises you not to place cartridges in cold or wet areas.
He's just making a lot of improper spelling and grammar, sorry skulldug.

Anyway, how do you know that? (Non-rude speaking) the game hasn't come out yet!

Has this been posted yet? Lots of official artwork for the game, includes Raccoon Mario in his SMB3 pose, the Mega and Mini Mushrooms coming back and lots of gold power-ups.

kat-rin koopa said:
Has this been posted yet? Lots of official artwork for the game, includes Raccoon Mario in his SMB3 pose, the Mega and Mini Mushrooms coming back and lots of gold power-ups.

Nice find Kat-rin Koopa! I personally haven't seen those images as of yet, but it's very nice to see new artwork for the enemies as opposed to the same NSMB1 artwork we've had of them for quite a while now.

I'm sure that the Koopaling fans are going to be quite pleased to see the new artwork for them:
KoopalingsNSMB2.png

Oh look, no Bowser Jr. in sight either!

I hope I'm not the only one to say this: This is getting monotonous.

I'm sorry, but New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. Wii were okay one-time through and were at least released three years apart, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and New Super Mario Bros. 2? I love that we are recreating what Nintendo did 27 years ago, but I think they are overdoing it a bit, especially having those two games released so close to each other.

I think its just because 2.5 Dimension is great for one-time-through gameplay.

Gogeta said:
Iggy's looking for him in the picture.

Perhaps you might be right. Though he's nowhere in the group artwork so far. :P

BMB said:
I hope I'm not the only one to say this: This is getting monotonous.

I'm sorry, but New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. Wii were okay one-time through and were at least released three years apart, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and New Super Mario Bros. 2? I love that we are recreating what Nintendo did 27 years ago, but I think they are overdoing it a bit, especially having those two games released so close to each other.

I think its just because 2.5 Dimension is great for one-time-through gameplay.

I'd have to agree strongly with you. The NSMB series is getting rather redundant at this point of time and the series does really need something new to really bring back the older market. Still Nintendo is getting sales from these games from most casual gamers, and I personally believe that they are purposely releasing these two games to make up for their loss last year with the poor sales of the 3DS (NSMB and NSMB Wii did sell very well of course).

They're a nice homage to the original games, but I personally want something new. I still hope they at least make a remake or sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2 soon (my personal favourite Mario game)...

Funny how all the seven Koopalings are on top of Bowser's own Koopa Clown Car. Bowser Jr. is probably absent, due to the fact that his position is higher in the Koopa Troop.

Propeller Toad said:
I'm sure that the Koopaling fans are going to be quite pleased to see the new artwork for them:
KoopalingsNSMB2.png

Lol yay!!! :D

Here's an artwork revision with the background removed. Of course, it's just a temporary revision until someone finds a better one.

Koopalings-NSMB2.png

Propeller Toad said:
KoopalingsNSMB2.png

No Bowser Jr? Boo!

On the plus side, Lemmy looks cute hanging from the Clown Car with that derpy expression!

Back