Worst Videogame Ending

Look, bozos, is there ANY game endings that pass your cynic test?

I still don't understand the ending to Galaxy. Maybe some dialogue would've helped. :-\

Dodoman said:
I still don't understand the ending to Galaxy. Maybe some dialogue would've helped. :-\

Sun collapses. Black hole appears. Sucks everything in. Lumas plug hole. Rosaline re-makes the universe.

THE END

Uniju said:
The ending of Super Mario Galaxy reminds me of the entire Haruhi series, and I don't think you want to watch that. Also, the ending of NGE in question spans over two whole episodes, and I don't think it would remind anyone else of SMG.

I suppose these endings involve cosmic destruction.

Also, I just watched the entire Howl's Moving Castle. NAY.

I thought the ending of SMG was kind of fitting. I noticed how the game got less and less climatic throughout the levels until the last few where it picked up again and the ending battle was a joke in my opinion... too easy. The actual game ending was not as good as it could of been. I mean the Paper Mario 1 ending was better than this.

UniverseX said:
I thought the ending of SMG was kind of fitting. I noticed how the game got less and less climatic throughout the levels until the last few where it picked up again and the ending battle was a joke in my opinion... too easy. The actual game ending was not as good as it could of been. I mean the Paper Mario 1 ending was better than this.
Wasn't PM's ending just endless fireworks?

PaperStriker said:
UniverseX said:
Exactly.

UniverseX said:
PaperStriker said:
UniverseX said:
Exactly.
I don't think SMG's ending is that bad. :-\

PaperStriker said:
UniverseX said:
PaperStriker said:
UniverseX said:
Exactly.
It's not so much that it's the worst ending ever, but for something like that you expect an ending like Super Mario 64 had. You feel that sense that you played something and beat it for a reason, to get to the end. At least they left in the "Thank you for playing my game" in there. Granted it's not the ONLY reason you play a game but it ranks high on my list.

UniverseX said:
PaperStriker said:
UniverseX said:
PaperStriker said:
UniverseX said:
Exactly.
It's not so much that it's the worst ending ever, but for something like that you expect an ending like Super Mario 64 had. You feel that sense that you played something and beat it for a reason, to get to the end. At least they left in the "Thank you for playing my game" in there. Granted it's not the ONLY reason you play a game but it ranks high on my list.
I don't play a game just for the ending. It's just satisfying to beat some long or difficult PCCs (Purple Coin Challenges). I don't hate boring endings as long as they have good music. :)

The music in Galaxy was unarguably amazing. I even downloaded some mp3 rips of it because I really liked it. I'm gonna buy the Platinum soundtrack if I can.

The ending of SM64 kinda sucked. All it is: Kiss, tell to make cake, they're off in the caste, THE END!

Free Loader said:
I feel I have to say: I have been corrected. I was completely wrong about the ending of SPM being the worst ending ever, because I read about the ending of Mother 3.

From what I read: epic happens, emo happens, world ends, games end?(with the question mark), than everyone comes back to life because the world actually didn't end. ...And there's nothing more to it than the world not ending. <eggman>It was a dud.</eggman> They tried to have an epic ending, but they couldn't bring themselves to make an emo and sucky ending, so they made a cheesy and sucky ending.

everybody lives yeah that sucked i wanted to see the dead bodies of everyone :-[

but the credits where awesome

Back