Super Mario Bros for Wii U at E3 2012

La Marionette said:
Most people would want Waluigi and Wario together. Somehow, Nintendo doesn't seem to listen.
In both realistic and reasonable concerns, Wario bros already own their subseries and they don't need to rescue Peach. The only possible condition is Nintendo open Toad series and cancel other subseries.

Those formula bugs are the true problems that the staff have to handle in the first time.

La Marionette said:
Most people would want Waluigi and Wario together. Somehow, Nintendo doesn't seem to listen.

I wouldn't mind if Nintendo made these two playable. I like the Toads (the Toads were rather neglected prior); however, I do wish they used Toad himself instead as a playable character (instead of two generic Toads). Having Toad + Toadette/Wario would have made this game even greater in this aspect (in my opinion).

Hopefully, Nintendo fixes Toad's colours if the new game is indeed an updated version of NSMB Mii. I'm not looking forward to the arrival of the Miis to a mainstream Mario game; however, the least Nintendo could do is to at least fix up Toad and add in a few other actual Mario characters to the roster.

Propeller Toad said:
I do wish they used Toad himself instead as a playable character (instead of two generic Toads). Having Toad + Toadette/Wario would have made this game even greater in this aspect (in my opinion).
Wario is not suitable as #25 said, in the point of Peach, I think the better one besides Toad and Toadette would be Daisy.

If other characters can be spared as NPCs or absent for good reasons, I don't mind whether they're not players. But the fact is not.
I still don't understand what the staff do with Toad Brigade.

Diddy Kong said:
More news

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/16/super-mario-wii-u-will-be-based-on-new-super-mario-bros-demo-from-e3-2011/

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/17/miyamoto-acknowledges-super-mario-4/
"Super Mario 4"? What's the 4 for? What is it the fourth installment of? Starting to number games after so many games WITHOUT numbers isn't really a good idea...

Smashgoom202 said:
"Super Mario 4"? What's the 4 for? What is it the fourth installment of? Starting to number games after so many games WITHOUT numbers isn't really a good idea...

Hey, that's not the first time they did that

*looks at Mario Kart 7*

-_-', Nintendo. Running out of creative titles are you? But whatever, title doesn't matter.

I'm sick of the New Super Mario Bros. games. They're not even that good. Also, I despise Miis with a passion, and I hate how Nintendo is trying to merge them with the Mario universe. GTFO, Miis.

And, even though I am very well aware that this is impossible, I'm praying for Super Mario Galaxy 3.

I'd much rather have a new Wario (and possibly "+Waluigi") Land or World. Need something that isn't Mario.

FMGBASKFH said:
I'm sick of the New Super Mario Bros. games. They're not even that good. Also, I despise Miis with a passion, and I hate how Nintendo is trying to merge them with the Mario universe. GTFO, Miis.

And, even though I am very well aware that this is impossible, I'm praying for Super Mario Galaxy 3.
If that's your personal taste, you don't have to buy or play as a certain character. After all Mario main game is a tranditional 2D before 3D, you can figure out how to make SMB more fun if you're not pleased.

Miis are only additional option of Wii itself, not a part of Mario series after all. If Miis are welcome by some players, I'd like to know if games are "better" without Miis.

It's a shame that we have too many New Super Mario Bros.-like games nowadays. I wish Wario can reappear in a mainstream Mario game as a villain. That would be interesting.

Dorayaki said:
FMGBASKFH said:

If that's your personal taste, you don't have to buy or play as a certain character. After all Mario main game is a tranditional 2D before 3D, you can figure out how to make SMB more fun if you're not pleased.

Miis are only additional option of Wii itself, not a part of Mario series after all. If Miis are welcome by some players, I'd like to know if games are "better" without Miis.

FMGBASKFH doesn't like how Miis are being incorporated as part of the Mario series, I think. He's complaining that Nintendo is forcing Miis into Mario games in general, something he doesn't appreciate.

I don't appreciate it either.

Magikrazy said:
"4"? They already did a 4. It should be "7", as it will be the 7th 2D Mario game.

Super Mario World is not SMB 4, it is a different game

What happens if it was Wario secretly mind-controlling Bowser? He then flees to the Special worlds needing you to navigate and get peach back

La Marionette said:
It's a shame that we have too many New Super Mario Bros.-like games nowadays. I wish Wario can reappear in a mainstream Mario game as a villain. That would be interesting.

FMGBASKFH doesn't like how Miis are being incorporated as part of the Mario series, I think. He's complaining that Nintendo is forcing Miis into Mario games in general, something he doesn't appreciate.
If just a rival, I think he' wouldn't be throughout the whole story of one game like Bowser does. He can be in some minor events, like the rivals from Galaxy who wanted to race with Mario, or better in Paper games.

I personally see Miis an option, not character. If avatars from Xbox or Wii system can be used in most games (not some reality games like Zelda or FPS), these can make the option beneficial. If not, maybe they wouldn't make Miis at first.
If we have to complain, the condition would be that they didn't devote to the basic content but stress on Miis only.

I was hoping for a 3d mario game for the Wii u, do you guys think having two mario bros games released in the same year is a bit to much? But it would be cool if this game could interact with NSMB2 on the 3DS somehow.

Z-omb said:
I was hoping for a 3d mario game for the Wii u, do you guys think having two mario bros games released in the same year is a bit to much?

Yes. But New Super Mario Bros. Mii is a tech demo so it doesn't count

Baby Luigi said:
Z-omb said:
I was hoping for a 3d mario game for the Wii u, do you guys think having two mario bros games released in the same year is a bit to much?

Didn't Shiguru Miyamoto say a new mario bros game wold be announced for the wii u? I thought thats what this topic was about.

Z-omb said:
Baby Luigi said:
Z-omb said:

Didn't Shiguru Miyamoto say a new mario bros game wold be announced for the wii u? I thought thats what this topic was about.

Maybe. We don't have enough info if it's an expansion of the game or an entirely new one.

Seriously? Two New Super Mario Bros. games being developed at the same time? Why couldn't they just make NSMB2 built on top of NSMBM with NSMBW's multiplayer and make a new 3D game for the Wii U?'

Anyway enough complaining since there's nothing I can do about it now. At the very least there should be a feature that allows the 3DS and Wii U games to communicate in some way (in a patch released when the Wii U game is released) with possibly a level editor in both games and levels can be transferred between the games, and maybe even be able to transfer certain original levels (these are the ones that don't require power ups only in one of the games) as well, making it so you can play part of the Wii U game on the go and part of NSMB2 on the big screen.

SKmarioman said:
Seriously? Two New Super Mario Bros. games being developed at the same time? Why couldn't they just make NSMB2 built on top of NSMBM with NSMBW's multiplayer and make a new 3D game for the Wii U?'

Anyway enough complaining since there's nothing I can do about it now. At the very least there should be a feature that allows the 3DS and Wii U games to communicate in some way (in a patch released when the Wii U game is released) with possibly a level editor in both games and levels can be transferred between the games, and maybe even be able to transfer certain original levels (these are the ones that don't require power ups only in one of the games) as well, making it so you can play part of the Wii U game on the go and part of NSMB2 on the big screen.

Exactly, its a bit repetitious. And having interaction between the two would be awesome, all it would need then is an online mode and it would be complete!

I'm not exactly sure about online mode. I don't really like Sonic Colors/Generations online mode. But if Nintendo would really like to do it, then okay.

Back