Worst Mario Roster

NSY

Celestial Guide
Which Mario game do you think has the worst Roster.

Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine.

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.
36 characters with only 6 Mario characters and rests were just human characters.
No Wario, Yoshi and Daisy. Mario characters are 1/6.
and No Mario-theme courts.
Definitely this

RandomGuy said:
manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.
36 characters with only 6 Mario characters and rests were just human characters.
Definitely this
I agree, Advanced Tour is pretty bad as well. Most people don't have a GBA to GC cable.

To me most rosters are not good due to lack of proportion or rotation, if I have to say, in many early games Daisy and Birdo didn't appear.

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.
? I have no comment on Wario or Yoshi's absence, after all they're not protagonists and must-have. But indeed the use of excessive original club athletes is totally weird, we can trade them for almost all main characters playable.

Actually if some club athletes can be recurring in all sport games, the problem is not serious. That's another topic.

New Super Yoshi said:
RandomGuy said:
manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.
Definitely this
I agree, Power Tour is pretty bad as well. Most people don't have a GBA to GC cable.

Fixed.
Mario Tennis GBA name is Mario Tennis: Power Tour.
Mario Tennis GBC is more Mario characters than MTGBA... this is weird.
MTGBC=Worked connectivity
MTGBA=Not Worked connectivity

Mario Tennis Power Tour easily comes to mind, due to its lack of Mario Universe characters. I mean really, you put in Waluigi, but not his partner in crime?

MnSG said:
Mario Tennis Power Tour easily comes to mind, due to its lack of Mario Universe characters. I mean really, you put in Waluigi, but not his partner in crime?

Waluigi was created by Camelot and appeared in entire Camelot's games since 2000.
I don't mind have Waluigi, but Wario isn't in. What happened Camelot?

Dorayaki said:
To me most rosters are not good due to lack of proportion or rotation, if I have to say, in many early games Daisy and Birdo didn't appear.

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.
? I have no comment on Wario or Yoshi's absence, after all they're not protagonists and must-have. But indeed the use of excessive original club athletes is totally weird, we can trade them for almost all main characters playable.

Actually if some club athletes can be recurring in all sport games, the problem is not serious. That's another topic.

...are you implying that Wario and Yoshi aren't as important as Daisy or Birdo?

Twist said:
Dorayaki said:

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.

...are you implying that Wario and Yoshi aren't as important as Daisy or Birdo?

Daisy or Birdo are less important than Wario and Yoshi.
Birdo wasn't playable in Mario Power Tennis.
and Daisy was not appeared only Tennis is Mario Tennis: Power Tour.
MTPT is missed almost characters and no unlockable mario characters.

Dorayaki said:

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.

...Yoshi isn't a protagonist?

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.
This

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.

I haven't played this game in ages (last time I played it was as a demo) but I agree with this.

Mario Tennis Power Tour

I know I should be blessed with Yoshi not being in the game, but logically, it doesn't make any sense. Same with Wario's absence, but Waluigi's appearance. It makes no sense.

Also, we have those 30 useless, wasteful human characters no one cares about.

Lily said:
They should have had 30 mario characters and 6 humans!

I'd even go further: 36 Mario characters, 0 humans

Baby Luigi said:
uh, are those plumbers, princesses or many other people still human?

At least Wario characters do have personality and live with other species in Diamond area. The problem of club athletes is they lack of personality and characteristics what other Mario characters have (not only they live in different country.) Also most fans don't like the story because it's not a true Mario story, the six Mario members are only "guest characters".

Since the staff intended to design the series, I hoped the members can be regular characters in sport games, not be "wasteful human characters" that the staff won't care about themselves.

Yoshiwalker said:
Dorayaki said:

manasword said:
Mario Tennis GBA.

...Yoshi isn't a protagonist?
Actually, Dorayaki's correct. He isn't one.

He's something called a deuteragonist. A helper or assistant to the protagonist(s).

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:

You know perfectly what I'm talking about

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Note that she used the words "useless" and "wasteful" as well as the phrase "no one cares about".

I think we all agree that Power Tour had the worst roster.

Wrecking Crew '98 had an unusual roster.

Unusual, but it included Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser... I wouldn't think the Wrecking Crew '98 roster is bad.

Mario Tennis Power Tour is up there with the worst roster, but Mario Party GBA had an even worse roster.

Back