Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Saw it tonight.

It was... better than I expected, I guess. I mean, I didn't expect much from a franchise film, and I guess I wasn't dissapointed, but it wasn't all that bad.

I really really liked the cinematography, there were some really great shots... when there weren't action sequences. I think it could have been better if it didn't focus so much on them. But it's Star Wars, so I guess expecting no action scenes would be pretty silly.

I'd give it a 7/10. Maybe. I usually have to watch films more than once to accurately rate them...

Go see this film if you haven't. It's MUCH MUCH better than the prequels.

Yo, can we talk about the scene with Rey's vision? She starts off in the corridor from Empire and you can hear Darth Vader breathing and Luke screaming no. I also heard Yoda's speech from Empire as well as what sounded like Alec Guinness saying "Rey"

what

i was trying really hard to hear what they were saying in that scene but i couldn't make any of it out :/

ernesth100 said:
I havent seen it. I need spoilers. Someone tell me what side Luke is on.
He's only seen at the end of the movie iirc, and even then I don't think the side he's on is made clear.

I can't believe it. I can't believe they killed off Han Solo. Kylo Ren better die in the end!! (Assuming he's not already dead.)

On side note I wish there was more Captain Phasma. How she had almost as much merchandise as Kylo Ren made me think her role would be larger.

Did anyone notice how old Ackbar sounded? Apparently his voice actor is 93 or something. Goddamn.

hugest gripe of star wars episode 7 was when BB-8 and gang are going to the ol watering hole catina and before they go in the front door they walk up a staircase BUT THE CAMERA PANS UP AND YOU DONT SEE HOW BB-8 GETS UP THE STAIRS do i seriously have to wait 2 years to find out how he got up that staircase in episode 8?

maybe BB-8 was the jedi that awokened and used the force to fly up the stairs

Star Wars Episode BB-8: The Staircase to the Darkside

WagNak said:
hugest gripe of star wars episode 7 was when BB-8 and gang are going to the ol watering hole catina and before they go in the front door they walk up a staircase BUT THE CAMERA PANS UP AND YOU DONT SEE HOW BB-8 GETS UP THE STAIRS do i seriously have to wait 2 years to find out how he got up that staircase in episode 8?

maybe BB-8 was the jedi that awokened and used the force to fly up the stairs

Star Wars Episode BB-8: The Staircase to the Darkside

i'm so glad i wasn't the only one wondering how he makes it up the stairs, you see how he gets down the stairs but how does he climb up??

i don't know how i feel about the movie yet, after they killed han i was just slumped over in despair

okay so i saw the movie again

now i focussed on that one scene, there was one clip that sounded pretty old which i think was alec guiness' german voice actor (or someone sounding similar), and the last part clearly was the german voice of evan mcgregor. I think Rey is probably either Kylo Ren's sister or somehow related to Luke. Because they were also referring to a boy in the scene where somebody flew away from Jakku with young Rey on the ground and somebody holds her shoulder and

fuck this is confusing

ALSO WHERE THE FUCK DID ANAKIN'S OLD LIGHTSABER COME FROM AGAIN GDI

also

That one Stormtrooper who had the german voice actor of Daniel Craig actually was Daniel Craig appearently lol (the one that Rey manipulates to let her free)

the lightsaber fell onto maz's castle, apparently, something like that

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-questions/

that's a good link that gathers hints disney and other people have dropped about certain things like that question

spoilres obviously

I was grinning from ear to ear the whole way through. I loved it.

Back