Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Walkazo said:
GalacticPetey said:
Time Turner said:
but they chose the wrong actor to play him. He's fine with the mask, but once he takes it off, nothing about him, from his face to his voice to his acting, convinced me that he's supposed to be a threat.
That's the whole point. He hides behind a mask to convince him self that he's a threatening sith lord. He also idolizes Vader. In reality, he isn't as powerful or as composed as Vader and doesn't understand the true nature of the dark side.
Yeah, I thought it was smart to go in that "actually, he's just a kid, like the heroes" direction instead of trying to have a fo' real threatening Darth Vader 2.0, since they'll never live up to the original anyway (just realized, that's actually pretty meta, lol).
I think that would work better if the movie pushed his sympathetic side more, which they do to an extent with his emotional outbursts and general state of confusion, but then he kills his father after spending almost a minute crying about it and there's the big good vs. evil battle between him and Rey and I don't buy it. I think it would work better if he was genuinely menacing through-and-through, so that when he actually did become emotional, it came as a shock. When I saw him without the mask, I immediately knew that the movie wanted me to feel sympathetic for him, and then when he does unsympathetic actions, that trait is lost.

Him killing Han is the end result of that struggle he was talking about. It's the opposite of Luke's arc, where he's a good person tempted by evil. Kylo wants to be dark, but the light side is tempting him. By murdering his father, he finally succumbs to the dark side. Though Han touching his face before he fell may have kept that spark of good in him.

There's actually a cool bit of visual symbolism in this scene. While he's on the bridge, confronting his father, his face is half in shadow and half in light, symbolic of his internal struggle. In RotJ, there's a similar scene with Luke. Once Kylo kills Han, his face is fully in shadow, showing his full transformation to the dark side.

He also still has two films to develop. A lot of people are judging this one film against a trilogy of films that tell a complete and overarching story. of course there are unanswered questions and the characters haven't been fleshed out as much. Come back in 2019 then we can fairly compare trilogies.

This isn't Episode 7 related. But I want something I want to share. It's a bit of an unpopular opinion thing going on. But I want to get into it because I am just now kinda realizing this.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is now my favorite Star Wars Movie.

I'm a little surprised to be saying that myself since for a long time I've always had Return of the Jedi as my favorite before now. But I recently rewatched it and now I realize that there are some... well... awkward and/or slow scenes pulling it down as much (Ex: Most of the Jabba scene) as I still love most of Luke's scenes with Vader and The Emperor. I know it's mostly considered blasphemy that any of the prequels are favored by any over the originals. But this what I'm thinking: The Original's are mainly consistent so despite Episode 3 being my favorite I will definitely say that as a whole the Original Trilogy is still way better then the Prequel Trilogy. As the Prequels still have Episode 1 with Jar Jar silliness, and Episode 2 with awkward romance and utterly rather boring movie until the Battle of Geonosis starts bogging it down too much. But if nothing else, I feel the prequels got a very, very, strong ending with Revenge of the Sith.

With the originals. A New Hope was definitely a good start though it certainly has it's first installment weirdness. Empire Strikes Back is the best of the Originals but for some reason I've always avoided saying it's my favorite even though it's pretty much everyone's favorite at this point (And I'm not one to be a hipster, I think I'd be considered a sheep for most fictional stuff given how much I like that are actually popular lol.). I can't exactly explain why I just can't pick Empire Strikes Back as my favorite right now, but I do say now that it is the best of the Original Trilogy. Return of the Jedi I'm just realizing now is the weakest in the Original Trilogy as I said previously

Episode III just starts off with a bang and even when some of the most disliked parts of the prequels rear their ugly head such as the cheesy Romance you still feel something's going on rather then being dragged through it like in Attack of the Clones. And while I do get that there is odd dialogue choices and rather questionable acting as well. The Star Wars series has never been 100% perfect about that even in the Original films.

I think one thing I've been thinking about that's made me realized is this: Episode III shows alot of the promise of what the Prequel trilogy could have been if had been directed better from the start. I literally thought of a What If scenario that instead of having Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones... What if Revenge of the Sith was literally the entire Trilogy? The events would maybe feel a little less rushed. Here's what I'm thinking how it would go all down

Episode I: Starts with the Battle of Coruscant as depicted at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. We already know from the Original Trilogy since Obi-Wan mentions that the Clone Wars happened so the audience gets the idea that they're in the middle of the Clone Wars. Most of the movie goes along and probably expands alot more on the Clone Wars itself probably giving the needed exposition of both the Clone Wars and any important events from before such as Palpatine's emergency powers when Obi-Wan and Anakin get back to Coruscant. The goal of the first film is the defeat of General Grevious. The fight with him and Obi-Wan would be much extended and his death would be the triumphant ending similar to the destruction of the Death Star in A New Hope.

Episode II: Would generally cover Anakin's temptation and turn to the Dark Side. And more time to show what his relationship with Palpatine is like to show more of why he trusts him more then anybody (Perhaps a full flashback/longer story version of Palpatine's story of Darth Plagueis). When he has bad dreams/premonitions about Padme's death by childbirth. He may also be haunted by flashbacks of his Mother's death that we saw in Attack of the Clones within the same nightmare. The ending of this would be when Anakin helps Palpatine kill Mace Windu. There will have been enough foreshadowing of this throughout much of this and the first film (Such as Anakin listening to Palpatine when ordered to kill Count Dooku). And the credits may even roll not too long after Palpatine names Anakin as Lord Vader for the very first time and/or Anakin marching into the Jedi Temple with Clone Troopers behind him.

Episode III: Would greatly expand upon Order 66 and it's initial effect on the galaxy. As well as the rise of the Empire. So much more time to to really bring the point home before you get to the climatic battles between Obi-Wan and Anakin as well as Yoda and Palpatine. Both battles themselves also being expanded upon. Perhaps even more things that lead into the Original Trilogy.

The only problems I could probably see is we would miss just how Anakin became Obi-Wan's student and some other more minor stuff such as where the Clones/Stormtroopers came from that was shown in Attack of the Clones. Though that's nothing that proper time for exposition or a book taking place before the movies could show. But the key is to have all the strong and/or exciting parts of Revenge of the Sith expanded upon across three films as for the most part. Revenge of the Sith already makes Episode I and II kind of useless in Hindsight because you could probably skip the first two as long as you've seen the Original Trilogy to get what's going on. Imagine if Revenge of the Sith was the entire trilogy on it's own and I think you have an argument for a Star Wars Trilogy that at least has the potential to surpass the originals. Cause Revenge of the Sith truly showed at the very least what potential the Prequels could of had. The fans seem to love it most when the Bad Guy wins given how Empire Strikes Back is often considered the best one. This would effectively have the Prequel Trilogy have two of the three films where the bad guys win in the end.

Despite this, I think Revenge of the Sith on it's own is definitely a good condensed version of this idea on it's own and even with flaws such as the questionable acting. I nevertheless feel it's the one Star Wars movie that's pretty strong at least in action and/or stuff happening throughout all of it. Feel free to call me a blasphemer if you feel strongly about the inferiority of absolutely everything in the Prequels to the Originals. But I have my reasons. I explained that Episode III feels very much what the Prequels promised from it's start with a potential story that could surpass the Originals and I stand by that even if the final product wasn't objectively as good. The idea was still there. I still love the originals alot, but standing on their own I feel their are spots in every one of those films where I kinda feel like tuning out at times where is in Revenge of the Sith something is happening nearly every minute the film runs.

Northern Verve said:
This isn't Episode 7 related. But I want something I want to share. It's a bit of an unpopular opinion thing going on. But I want to get into it because I am just now kinda realizing this.

I'm a little surprised to be saying that myself since for a long time I've always had Return of the Jedi as my favorite before now. But I recently rewatched it and now I realize that there are some... well... awkward and/or slow scenes pulling it down as much (Ex: Most of the Jabba scene) as I still love most of Luke's scenes with Vader and The Emperor. I know it's mostly considered blasphemy that any of the prequels are favored by any over the originals. But this what I'm thinking: The Original's are mainly consistent so despite Episode 3 being my favorite I will definitely say that as a whole the Original Trilogy is still way better then the Prequel Trilogy. As the Prequels still have Episode 1 with Jar Jar silliness, and Episode 2 with awkward romance and utterly rather boring movie until the Battle of Geonosis starts bogging it down too much. But if nothing else, I feel the prequels got a very, very, strong ending with Revenge of the Sith.

With the originals. A New Hope was definitely a good start though it certainly has it's first installment weirdness. Empire Strikes Back is the best of the Originals but for some reason I've always avoided saying it's my favorite even though it's pretty much everyone's favorite at this point (And I'm not one to be a hipster, I think I'd be considered a sheep for most fictional stuff given how much I like that are actually popular lol.). I can't exactly explain why I just can't pick Empire Strikes Back as my favorite right now, but I do say now that it is the best of the Original Trilogy. Return of the Jedi I'm just realizing now is the weakest in the Original Trilogy as I said previously

Episode III just starts off with a bang and even when some of the most disliked parts of the prequels rear their ugly head such as the cheesy Romance you still feel something's going on rather then being dragged through it like in Attack of the Clones. And while I do get that there is odd dialogue choices and rather questionable acting as well. The Star Wars series has never been 100% perfect about that even in the Original films.

I think one thing I've been thinking about that's made me realized is this: Episode III shows alot of the promise of what the Prequel trilogy could have been if had been directed better from the start. I literally thought of a What If scenario that instead of having Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones... What if Revenge of the Sith was literally the entire Trilogy? The events would maybe feel a little less rushed. Here's what I'm thinking how it would go all down

Episode I: Starts with the Battle of Coruscant as depicted at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. We already know from the Original Trilogy since Obi-Wan mentions that the Clone Wars happened so the audience gets the idea that they're in the middle of the Clone Wars. Most of the movie goes along and probably expands alot more on the Clone Wars itself probably giving the needed exposition of both the Clone Wars and any important events from before such as Palpatine's emergency powers when Obi-Wan and Anakin get back to Coruscant. The goal of the first film is the defeat of General Grevious. The fight with him and Obi-Wan would be much extended and his death would be the triumphant ending similar to the destruction of the Death Star in A New Hope.

Episode II: Would generally cover Anakin's temptation and turn to the Dark Side. And more time to show what his relationship with Palpatine is like to show more of why he trusts him more then anybody (Perhaps a full flashback/longer story version of Palpatine's story of Darth Plagueis). When he has bad dreams/premonitions about Padme's death by childbirth. He may also be haunted by flashbacks of his Mother's death that we saw in Attack of the Clones within the same nightmare. The ending of this would be when Anakin helps Palpatine kill Mace Windu. There will have been enough foreshadowing of this throughout much of this and the first film (Such as Anakin listening to Palpatine when ordered to kill Count Dooku). And the credits may even roll not too long after Palpatine names Anakin as Lord Vader for the very first time and/or Anakin marching into the Jedi Temple with Clone Troopers behind him.

Episode III: Would greatly expand upon Order 66 and it's initial effect on the galaxy. As well as the rise of the Empire. So much more time to to really bring the point home before you get to the climatic battles between Obi-Wan and Anakin as well as Yoda and Palpatine. Both battles themselves also being expanded upon. Perhaps even more things that lead into the Original Trilogy.

The only problems I could probably see is we would miss just how Anakin became Obi-Wan's student and some other more minor stuff such as where the Clones/Stormtroopers came from that was shown in Attack of the Clones. Though that's nothing that proper time for exposition or a book taking place before the movies could show. But the key is to have all the strong and/or exciting parts of Revenge of the Sith expanded upon across three films as for the most part. Revenge of the Sith already makes Episode I and II kind of useless in Hindsight because you could probably skip the first two as long as you've seen the Original Trilogy to get what's going on. Imagine if Revenge of the Sith was the entire trilogy on it's own and I think you have an argument for a Star Wars Trilogy that at least has the potential to surpass the originals. Cause Revenge of the Sith truly showed at the very least what potential the Prequels could of had. The fans seem to love it most when the Bad Guy wins given how Empire Strikes Back is often considered the best one. This would effectively have the Prequel Trilogy have two of the three films where the bad guys win in the end.

Despite this, I think Revenge of the Sith on it's own is definitely a good condensed version of this idea on it's own and even with flaws such as the questionable acting. I nevertheless feel it's the one Star Wars movie that's pretty strong at least in action and/or stuff happening throughout all of it. Feel free to call me a blasphemer if you feel strongly about the inferiority of absolutely everything in the Prequels to the Originals. But I have my reasons. I explained that Episode III feels very much what the Prequels promised from it's start with a potential story that could surpass the Originals and I stand by that even if the final product wasn't objectively as good. The idea was still there. I still love the originals alot, but standing on their own I feel their are spots in every one of those films where I kinda feel like tuning out at times where is in Revenge of the Sith something is happening nearly every minute the film runs.

Like you said, Episode III kinda makes the other two films irrelevant. They didn't do enough with Anakin's turn to the dark side in the previous two films so it feels really rushed and abrupt in the third film.

I will say it is the best of the prequels, but Lucas' writing still shows its ugly face, especially with the love scenes. The final fight has its fair share of goofy lines, and who can forget "NO NO NO YOU WILL DIE!" and "UNLIMITED POWER!" Such delicious cheese. The CGI got better, but it still sticks out in some scenes. But that opening space battle is still incredible. Palpatine and Obi-Wan are the best parts of the movie to me and they make up for the piece of cardboard that is Hayden Christiansen.

What makes RotJ so good to me is any scene with Luke, Vader, and Palpatine on the Death Star. The music, the atmosphere, the tension. It's all so good. The Emperor is great and manipulative and the scene when Luke snaps and lashes out at Vader while that John Williams score plays? Easily one of my favorite moments in all of film. I never got anything close to that level of emotion in the prequels. Say what you will about Ewoks, but I love RotJ

@Rey the Mary Sue
Since when is the Force that easy to use? Everyone had to learn how to use it, even young Anakin who was a billion times stronger than everyone else. And I'm supposed to believe that with zero training she just comes along and can pull off Jedi Mind Tricks, long-range Force pulls, read minds (that's what she was doing to Ren, right?), and use a lightsaber (first time!!!) without killing herself?

I'm fine with her being a great mechanic because that's explained but the new ability to easily use the Force is ridiculous. I mean, why does she even go to Luke at all? What more does he need to teach? How to pull off ludicrous stuff like grabbing Star Destroyers and crashing them, a la The Force Unleashed (aka, the last ludicrous rendition of Force powers)?
Northern Verve said:

I have to agree. I've always thought Episode III was great, or at least above Episode IV (I'd probably rank them something like V > VI > III > IV >> I >>>>> II).

Also, I never really understood the hate for Hayden Christensen, or at least in III. Perhaps it's that he was just so, so annoying and terrible in Episode II that the hate carried over for III, but I always enjoyed him in III. He pulls off quite a few good scenes, even if he has a few questionable lines. I think Nostalgia Critic had a good list of why he was actually pretty good in his list of good stuff from the prequels.

The Critic brings up a good point when he said Hayden can act well when there's no dialogue. That scene with him and Padme looking out the window and him looking angry as Vader are both very good. I can't entirely blame him for his performance. No one can make some of that dialogue sound good. Even SLJ sounds boring. Obi-Wan and Palpatine remain the stand out performances. Dooku was well acted because it's Christopher Lee but he just doesn't have enough screen time.

GalacticPetey said:
Like you said, Episode III kinda makes the other two films irrelevant. They didn't do enough with Anakin's turn to the dark side in the previous two films so it feels really rushed and abrupt in the third film.

I will say it is the best of the prequels, but Lucas' writing still shows its ugly face, especially with the love scenes. The final fight has its fair share of goofy lines, and who can forget "NO NO NO YOU WILL DIE!" and "UNLIMITED POWER!" Such delicious cheese. The CGI got better, but it still sticks out in some scenes. But that opening space battle is still incredible. Palpatine and Obi-Wan are the best parts of the movie to me and they make up for the piece of cardboard that is Hayden Christiansen.

What makes RotJ so good to me is any scene with Luke, Vader, and Palpatine on the Death Star. The music, the atmosphere, the tension. It's all so good. The Emperor is great and manipulative and the scene when Luke snaps and lashes out at Vader while that John Williams score plays? Easily one of my favorite moments in all of film. I never got anything close to that level of emotion in the prequels. Say what you will about Ewoks, but I love RotJ

Yeah those Palpatine lines are goofy. But I enjoy them in the same sense that I do for "GET A LOAD OF THIS" from Eggman in the first Sonic Adventure just because of how much narm charm there is in saying the line.

And yeah don't worry I still definitely love Return of the Jedi for scenes like that in specifics. I don't even hate the Ewoks (Even if that had some weird parts to it too) that much it's more so the opening Jabba scene that kinda bogged down the beginning. And I even saw Doug Walker's Disneycember videos about each of the films where he thought of the idea of Jabba being on Endor and deciding to help the Rebellion defeat the Empire but for his own reasons. That definitely would of been an interesting direction taken I feel. His grudge with Solo would of felt like it had a much more important role then it actually had in the series (Since he'd have to get to an awkward truce with Han Solo in order to pull off the Battle of Endor). He wouldn't exactly be a hero considering he's helping only for his own reasons, but it'd make him an interesting anti-hero. And I'm certain less people would complain if it was Jabba's personal guards/army giving the Empire fits then with the Ewoks. Perhaps Jabba dies during the battle (Perhaps he goes into space with the fleet and the spaceship he's on is blown up or ground stormtroopers find him and kill him on Endor) to avoid the awkwardness of the Rebellion having to keep an infamous criminal alive (As I imagine that would be part of Jabba's deal) as they restore the Republic. Without a strong leader (I don't think Jabba had an up-and-coming successor) any of Jabba's guards/army that survives ends up finding new jobs in the Rebellion. I think that would of tied Return of the Jedi much more tightly.

Javelin said:
@Rey the Mary Sue
Since when is the Force that easy to use? Everyone had to learn how to use it, even young Anakin who was a billion times stronger than everyone else. And I'm supposed to believe that with zero training she just comes along and can pull off Jedi Mind Tricks, long-range Force pulls, read minds (that's what she was doing to Ren, right?), and use a lightsaber (first time!!!) without killing herself?

I'm fine with her being a great mechanic because that's explained but the new ability to easily use the Force is ridiculous. I mean, why does she even go to Luke at all? What more does he need to teach? How to pull off ludicrous stuff like grabbing Star Destroyers and crashing them, a la The Force Unleashed (aka, the last ludicrous rendition of Force powers)?

For the bit with Kylo Ren, I interpreted more like, he went barging into her mind, but she forced him back out and got a glimpse at what was on his side of the door before he called it quits and closed the connection. There was an episode of Doctor Who where that happened, so maybe here too. Being able to mind trick the Stormtrooper was admittedly a big step up from that, but w/e, could have been worse.

Also, it occurred to me that the lightsaber started out flying to Kylo Ren before diverting, and making him duck or something, and then ended up with Rey instead, so maybe he started the pull and she just interfered once it was already in motion, so like their mind battle, he did most of the work and she just piggybacked.

I didn't think the force has anything to do with lightsabers? They're just the Jedi's signature weapon, but General Grievous used them too, Finn did an okay job wielding one despite not being a Jedi, and like I said before, Rey has fighting experience.

Anyway, maybe they'll nerf her in the next movie when adrenaline and life and death situations aren't there to keep her at the cutting edge of her abilities. Luke generally did better with his force bsns under duress too, rather than when he was hanging with Yoda.

Walkazo said:
For the bit with Kylo Ren, I interpreted more like, he went barging into her mind, but she forced him back out and got a glimpse at what was on his side of the door before he called it quits and closed the connection. There was an episode of Doctor Who where that happened, so maybe here too. Being able to mind trick the Stormtrooper was admittedly a big step up from that, but w/e, could have been worse.
Still seems like a stretch to me. Everything in this movie makes it seem like either she's hilariously powerful, or Ren is pathetically weak. And if he's so weak, then why is he in charge of anyone (and how did he pull off the CHAOS CONTROL Force power earlier with stopping the laser bolt)?
Walkazo said:
Also, it occurred to me that the lightsaber started out flying to Kylo Ren before diverting, and making him duck or something, and then ended up with Rey instead, so maybe he started the pull and she just interfered once it was already in motion, so like their mind battle, he did most of the work and she just piggybacked.
I suppose that's a reasonable explanation, even if it does sound eerily similar to the final Jedi battle in one of the EU books.
Walkazo said:
I didn't think the force has anything to do with lightsabers? They're just the Jedi's signature weapon, but General Grievous used them too, Finn did an okay job wielding one despite not being a Jedi, and like I said before, Rey has fighting experience.
I've always been under the impression that it's not impossible to use a lightsaber without the force, but it's really dangerous since you won't have the Force guiding you away from the danger of hitting and crippling yourself. That might have been an EU suggestion, though.

At the very least the ability to block blaster shots is definitely due to the Force (being able to anticipate exactly where you need to mode your lightsaber to block it, and even reflect it right back), but I don't think that ability was used in this movie so at least that gets a pass.
Walkazo said:
Anyway, maybe they'll nerf her in the next movie when adrenaline and life and death situations aren't there to keep her at the cutting edge of her abilities. Luke generally did better with his force bsns under duress too, rather than when he was hanging with Yoda.
Was he better under duress? I remember him failing a bunch under duress in Episode V, specifically when he tries to raise the X-Wing and when Darth Vader starts throwing stuff at him with the Force.

Javelin said:
I suppose that's a reasonable explanation, even if it does sound eerily similar to the final Jedi battle in one of the EU books.
Maybe it's on purpose: I've seen lots of fan-theories that one thing or another in the film are references to various EU things. And sometimes ideas just occur to more than one person by chance. Or perhaps there's a third source both took inspiration from, idk.

I've always been under the impression that it's not impossible to use a lightsaber without the force, but it's really dangerous since you won't have the Force guiding you away from the danger of hitting and crippling yourself. That might have been an EU suggestion, though.

At the very least the ability to block blaster shots is definitely due to the Force (being able to anticipate exactly where you need to mode your lightsaber to block it, and even reflect it right back), but I don't think that ability was used in this movie so at least that gets a pass.
Well, all weapons are inherently dangerous, yet folks generally use normal swords and guns and things perfectly fine on their own (with the occasional mishap and minus the really crazy stunts, anyway, but yeah, she didn't deflect any blaster shots here).

Was he better under duress? I remember him failing a bunch under duress in Episode V, specifically when he tries to raise the X-Wing and when Darth Vader starts throwing stuff at him with the Force.
He failed a bunch in the training too. Really, the only times (that I can remember off the top of my head) in V that Luke didn't fail at complex force bsns is the initial force grab of the lightsaber in the ice cave, and summoning Leia at the end, both of which were life and death scenarios.

I just made the terrible mistake of watching the prequels first. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were just so boring. At least things actually happened in Revenge of the Sith.

That's not a mistake. It's better to get the shittier ones out of the way first. Then you can actually enjoy the others.

The problem is that I have to skip right to The Force Awakens because I don't have time to watch 4-6 since I need to leave to see it in an hour.

watching the prequels first is definitely a mistake

they basically make darth vader out to be a wimp, and once you start watching the actual movies, that's all you can see. they pretty much completely ruin him

So... I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies (besides VII)...

At this point, I've read about or heard about nearly every scene in each of those movies, so I know what to expect, but I'm still interested in seeing the hexology. Now that there's a discussion about movie order, what would be the best order to watch them in?

4 - 5 - 6 - 1 - 2 - 3

The prequels work best as prequels, rather than the first films you see, since they're designed to have shoutouts, foreshadowing and whatnot (ranging from cameos to plot points to background music) which lose some meaning and impact when you don't know what they're referring to.

And for the record, if anyone's not seen any of them including 7, I'd say watch the first six, in the above order, and then 7: it works on its own, but is better if you grew up with the original trilogy, or at least have seen them, and while the prequels aren't as important as background info, there are a couple things you'll appreciate more if you've seen them already too.

Okay I saw The Force Awakens, I liked it, it was much better than the prequels. Apparently most of the characters I didn't know were new anyways, except Chewbacca, Han Solo and Leia. Later I'm going to watch 4-6.

I really wish Finn had been the one to defeat Kylo. Having Rey do it just feels like female audience pandering so the feminists don't go crazy.

ernesth100 said:
I really wish Finn had been the one to defeat Kylo. Having Rey do it just feels like female audience pandering so the feminists don't go crazy.
...Eh? The conflict's clearly between Kylo and Rey. You know, the two force users who have already had a interaction where their emotions are exposed to one another?

I just saw the new film for the third time (yes, I love Star Wars).

A good amount of the audience laughed whenever they showed Kylo Ren without his mask on. That was the only showing I've been to where anybody did that, and it happened repeatedly. One of my friends speculated that it was because he didn't look like Han or Leia (his parents). Whatever the reason, it got irritating after awhile. Personally, I thought Adam Driver (the actor) did a fine job.

Back