Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Serra said:
abrams better not ruin this like he ruined rebooted star trek

wha

Eri Ayase said:
Serra said:
abrams better not ruin this like he ruined rebooted star trek

wha
everything i've seen about new trek was awful and i can't bring myself to watch the movies

OTHER than the space combat. one thing's for sure: even if this movie is complete garbage it will have some great space combat scenes

assuming they actually fight in space in this movie, since all the shots so far have been close to a planet's surface

but im a huge fan of the star trek franchise (well i saw all movies and at least one episode from ever series (although i barely recall deep space nine and voyager)) and the two new movies are actually my favourites (with first contact and star trek 2-4 being directly behind)

Quoting this from the other thread:
Lucina said:
Please don't fuck this up, we are in need of a good star wars film, it's looking fine right now.

If they actually do, then Star Wars is doomed, the fact someone who isn't George Lucas directing is a promising sight.

Eri Ayase said:
but im a huge fan of the star trek franchise (well i saw all movies
my condolences. no one should have to watch insurrection or star trek 1
Lucina said:
Quoting this from the other thread:
Lucina said:
Please don't fuck this up, we are in need of a good star wars film, it's looking fine right now.

If they actually do, then Star Wars is doomed, the fact someone who isn't George Lucas directing is a promising sight.
personally i would have wanted james cameron but oh well

insurrection was pretty terrible, and star trek 1 actually had those assy long camera flights that spaceballs made fun of, and nemesis was overall boring imo.

the others were either good or very good

That trailer was fucking awesome! And holy shit, Harrison Ford still looks and acts like Han Solo! I wish Hamill and Fisher are in the trailer but oh well. Just have to wait for the next trailer.

Serra said:
supermariofan said:
That trailer was *bleep*ing awesome! And holy *bleep*, Harrison Ford still looks and acts like Han Solo!
he had two seconds of screentime how can you assume that already
The way Harrison Ford was acting? And how he looked? doesn't matter if it was two seconds or one second it's nice to see Harrison Ford in character again.

he said one line while dressed as han solo and smiled

that's it? am i missing something?

don't get me wrong i think harrison ford's awesome too but jeez guys, hype something that's actually something

Serra said:
he said one line while dressed as han solo and smiled

that's it? am i missing something?

don't get me wrong i think harrison ford's awesome too but jeez guys, hype something that's actually something
This IS something. Nowadays All Ford does is speak in a grumbly and grouchy tone like he doesn't care (I wouldn't blame him after watching Paranoia) it's nice to see him in a movie like he cares. It's like he missed playing Han so much more so than playing as Indie judging by his acting in Crystal Skull

Eri Ayase said:
but im a huge fan of the star trek franchise (well i saw all movies and at least one episode from ever series (although i barely recall deep space nine and voyager))
It generally requires more than one episode to remember a series. DS9 in particular works best when watching the overall story arcs of the later seasons.

Serra said:
my condolences. no one should have to watch insurrection or star trek 1
But the motion picture's so funny! And yeah, the new movies look fancy but the originals are better; I just sorta watch them as sci-fi films more than as "Star Trek films".

Anyway, I agree that the new movie looks good, but I'm also gonna hold off on getting too carried away by the hype train until we know more about the story, at least.

i saw a lot of episodes of tng and the original series though, and i guess most of enterprise (since its run in germany wasnt very long)

wasn't it originally true han used to be the main character

Eri Ayase said:
Lucina said:
wasn't it originally true han used to be the main character

no idea, but he used to be an alien at one point
when you think about it, every character in star wars is an alien in some way or form

because the definition of alien is someone from another planet to the one they are on

I remember Lucas saying that during an interview for Disney Adventures magazine.

He also said Luke was going to be a girl, Wookiees were originally called Jawas, and R2-D2 and C-3PO were originally called A-2 and C-3.

Back