Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
supermariofan said:
Max von Sydow is gonna play Obi Wan I just know it

I was under the impression that if they do bring Obi-Wan back, it would just be Ewan McGregor with age makeup?

I'm sure they wouldn't waste Sydow on a cameo.

inb4 the Death Star gets built for the third time

Mario4Ever said:
inb4 the Death Star gets built for the third time
oh no no NO

I'm not sure if I've already explained this, but Star Wars is at its best when there isn't MacGuffin/superweapon XYAHND. It's a terrible way to create dramatic tension because the method of removing tension is always "destroy superweapon" with zero alteration.

Some of the best Star Wars moments in my mind took place without superweapons. Order 66. Thrawn's assault on the New Republic. Republic Commando. Jedi Outcast.

Every so often some idiot author comes along and pulls out a new superweapon (Dark Empire essentially had four - World Devastators, Galaxy Gun, two Eclipse-class Star Destroyers, and the reborn Emperor) and it's just not as interesting as a complex plot where you need to figure out what the villain's plan is and how to stop them. If there's a superweapon, it's too simple - they will try to use the superweapon. Heroes need to stop it. Go figure.

This is part of why Episode V was great (Episode VI kinda suffered from this but not as bad because they thought the superweapon wouldn't work and it wasn't the only component of the Emperor's plan).

Chris Person @Papapishu

Canonically speaking does the Force Awaken before it is Unleashed? Or vice versa?

Another recent big reveal is Palpatine's first name. The master of the dark side's first name is
Sheev
No joke either.

why do you think he just went by "palpatine"

if you have a weird name, you have to change it. i doubt many people would have been afraid of grand admiral mitth'raw'nuruodo

Javelin said:
why do you think he just went by "palpatine"

if you have a weird name, you have to change it. i doubt many people would have been afraid of grand admiral mitth'raw'nuruodo

what kind of name is that?

sounds like some demonic voodoo spell or something

Back