Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
poor chiss, such terrible names it seems

thrawn is at least pretty good though

well they're aliens

they probably thing "thrawn" sounds like a terrible name

On thing to note about Palpatine's new name.

A lot of Naboo names have Indian influence. Sheev could be derived from Shiva.

Javelin said:
well they're aliens

i guess it would make sense

aliens dont exactly get along with the empire or at least they dont in old republic

Zae Eildus said:
Javelin said:
well they're aliens

i guess it would make sense

aliens dont exactly get along with the empire or at least they dont in old republic
they don't, the empire under palpatine was extremely xenophobic

at the same time palpatine was a pragmatist who realized thrawn was a genius, so he allowed him to join the navy

also i was thinking to myself, "why are they saying what palpatine's first name is?"

i can only assume they're going to do something stupid like revive him a la dark empire

did i mention that i don't expect this movie to be that great

I'll admit, I grinned when

the Falcon was shown. The X-wings were cool to see back in action too, but nothing tops the Millennium Falcon in my books.

i went on youtube and everyone was saying how star wars was ruined but then i went on a movie site and everyone was praising that star wars was saved

personally i think there's some cool stuff in the teaser but i don't think i'll have any judgement until i see a real trailer

judging a movie by about ten seconds of footage is absolutely ridiculous

that said i think the new lightsaber looked ludicrously impractical, and the new falcon looked... flat? maybe it was just the angle

also since when can ships fly that fast that close to a planet's surface that's dumb

Saw the new trailer, I'm there dude.

Funny how people complained about the cross-guard lightsaber when they ignore the double edged lightsaber Darth Maul had. Also there is the light-whip and light tonfas and other exotic looking weapons.

TheFarmboy said:
Saw the new trailer, I'm there dude.

Funny how people complained about the cross-guard lightsaber when they ignore the double edged lightsaber Darth Maul had. Also there is the light-whip and light tonfas and other exotic looking weapons.
i've heard some people say that the cross-guard one might be a crudely made lightsaber since it does look more firey than other sabers and the purpose of the things coming out of the side might be to function more as an exhaust system rather than an extension specifically added for combat

TheFarmboy said:
because having a double-edged lightsaber is practical as long as you're insanely practiced with it and are careful not to hit yourself

unlike the crossguard which is pointless because you can't slide a lightsaber down another one that far. that's why people end up in saber locks where the lightsabers are pressed together super hard and the combatants get face to face

i do agree the light-whip was stupid

Javelin said:
TheFarmboy said:
because having a double-edged lightsaber is practical as long as you're insanely practiced with it and are careful not to hit yourself

unlike the crossguard which is pointless because you can't slide a lightsaber down another one that far. that's why people end up in saber locks where the lightsabers are pressed together super hard and the combatants get face to face

i do agree the light-whip was stupid

About the double edge lightsaber, there is the chance on someone cutting the hilt in half because it's so long, thus either rendering you with a single blade or no blade at all. Unless you count Exar Kun's saberstaff since it has a very short hilt.

yeah the new lightsaber is impractical but really who cares

why do people have to take these movies so seriously

besides, some people have been pointing out that the lightsaber looks like it's hand-made by someone who doesn't really know what they're doing

Nabber said:
yeah the new lightsaber is impractical but really who cares

why do people have to take these movies so seriously
star wars is srs bsns

or at least it is when it's good. hence why people get so angreh when you have stuff like ewoks and jar jar binks, and why people love the thrawn trilogy so much for its hard science

Back