Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dr. Javelin said:
andy serkis yes yes yes

Yoshidude99 said:
Andy Serkis is the only new actor I've heard of but his name alone excites me. Also I'm surprised no one posted here but Disney recently wiped the entire EU not just post ROTJ but everything books, comics and video games etc pretty much everything except the movies and The Clone Wars.
Did you miss me complaining about all of Timothy Zahn's great characters (you know, like Mara Jade, Talon Karrade, Garm bel Iblis, and ofc GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN) being erased?

I'm still mad. grrrrrrrr
No I didn't but I knew you would be annoyed about Thrawn. Thrawn and Mara Jade where the best EU characters.

Episode III was fantastic.

Episode I was okay.

Episode II was poor, but still watchable.

I've never really understood the prequels hate to be honest. I first watched the saga in this order

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

I would of watched them in order but when I first watched them for some reason they skipped ROTS on the telly and I had to rent the VHS. I have them all on DVD now though of course.

Yoshidude99 said:
I've never really understood the prequels hate to be honest.
The dialogue's (for the most part) sub-par, there's a lot of exposition, and the romance between Anakin and Padme is (for the most part) uninteresting/cliche/not good. Also they feature characters that people dislike such as Jar Jar and Anakin.

To be fair, though, Episode IV also suffered from sub-par dialogue.

I personally feel that Episode III (mostly) solved the problems of the previous two prequels, but that's just me. I think there are three camps: those who like all the movies, those who only like the originals, and those who like Episode III and the originals.

I love all the movies but Episode 3 is my favourite. I don't watch it as much as the others because of how dark it is though.

The problems with the prequels are a lot of what Jav mentioned.

Most f the dialogue is down right horrendous. George Lucas himself admitted that he's not that great with writing dialogue. The romance was PAINFULLY bad. No to mention annoying characters like Jar Jar and a complete overuse of CGI and green screen. It also took out the mystery of the force by saying it's all biological. I think it works better if it's mysterious and mystical.

Godzilla said:
No to mention annoying characters like Jar Jar and a complete overuse of CGI and green screen.
In some instances, sure, but don't try to tell me the opening scene of Episode III wasn't awesome sci-fi goodness.

Also puppet Yoda would have failed in an open, well-lit environment, as demonstrated in Episode I where he looked awful. CGI was a necessary and ultimately good step to take with him.
Godzilla said:
It also took out the mystery of the force by saying it's all biological. I think it works better if it's mysterious and mystical.
magic sucks

down with force users, ysalamiri will rise

Anakin's & Padme's romance was so dumb that it was actually pretty funny so I found it quite enjoyable

Super Smash Misty said:
>Anakin doesn't know Padmé is pregnant despite being at least six months pregnant.
Uh, that was covered in the movie. He and Obi-Wan had been all the way in the Outer Rim sieges, and he says something to the effect of "i didn't think they would have ever brought us back from the outer rim sieges if not for this" to Padme.

Also, all Star Wars games are 66% off on Steam this weekend.

I highly recommend you all look into Battlefront II, Republic Commando, and Jedi Outcast if you're into FPS games, and Empire at War if you're into RTS.

Might get Republic Commando. Always wanted to play that and the KOTOR games. I also second Battlefront 2. Best Star Wars game IMO.

Dr. Javelin said:
Super Smash Misty said:
>Anakin doesn't know Padmé is pregnant despite being at least six months pregnant.
Uh, that was covered in the movie. He and Obi-Wan had been all the way in the Outer Rim sieges, and he says something to the effect of "i didn't think they would have ever brought us back from the outer rim sieges if not for this" to Padme.
He was surprised after she told him.

Back