Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
Does this mean Rey is getting airbender arrow tattoos? :P

Sith. Rebels. Empire. Jedi. Long ago, the four factions lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when Disney attacked. Only George Lucas, master of the plotholes, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. Three years has past and my brother and I discovered a new master, a director named J. J. Abrams. And although his rebooting skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he can save anyone. But I believe Abrams can save the franchise.

hire me lucasfilm

"The Last Jedi" is ambiguous phrasing, it could be interpreted as singular or plural.

There was a line from Heir to the Empire (one of the great EU books) where Obi-Wan appeared to Luke for the last time. As he was fading away, Luke thought to himself "I am the last of the Jedi,".

Then he heard one last thing. "Not the last of the old Jedi, Luke. The first of the new."

They could be going for something along those lines.

the jedi are simply just going through a rebranding phase and are just selling off the last of their old stock before fulling pushing their new brand

they did this with sierra mist and now call it "mist twist" and it's bad

Oh my god.

You're telling me that that whole Mist Twist thing was Sierra Mist this whole time???

That WOULD explain why I haven't seen any Sierra Mist in awhile...

Anton said:
they did this with sierra mist and now call it "mist twist" and it's bad
I thought this was a joke and looked it up. What the fuck PepsiCo

That title coupled with the red text. Ominous.

Watch Rey kill Luke, turn to the Sith, and then see Kylo turn to the light.

Kylo Ren: The Last Jedi

GalacticPetey said:

i really hope not, kylo ren is a bad character, and rey is good. i'd much rather watch movies and read books about rey, finn, and even that poe guy, than kylo "sob story" ren. no offense.

Javelin said:
There was a line from Heir to the Empire (one of the great EU books) where Obi-Wan appeared to Luke for the last time. As he was fading away, Luke thought to himself "I am the last of the Jedi,".

Then he heard one last thing. "Not the last of the old Jedi, Luke. The first of the new."

boy i hope so, that would be gr8.

Dia said:
GalacticPetey said:

i really hope not, kylo ren is a bad character, and rey is good. i'd much rather watch movies and read books about rey, finn, and even that poe guy, than kylo "sob story" ren. no offense.

Javelin said:

boy i hope so, that would be gr8.
My post was a joke but whatever.

I'm really hungry for a teaser trailer.

Nabber said:
no offense but kylo ren is great

kylo ren is bad, ur waifu/husbando is shit.

he's anakin but with an actually competent actor and good writing

as opposed to just being a badass like every other star wars villain, he tries to project an image of being cool without ever being able to come close to being a new darth vader. and that frustrates him, thereby making himself even more powerful and dangerous

plus, he actually still clearly wants to not be a dickhead, which makes him a lot more interesting

I agree with the sentiment that Kylo Ren is a good villain. I like that he wasn't just a rip off of Vader, which he easily could have been.

People who whine about him becoming "lame" once he removed his helmet completely missed the point of his character.

i mean kylo ren is a good villain, i just dont like him or his character. also your waifu is bad.

i mostly dont like how he's given so much primary focus over the actual main characters and protagonists Rey and Finn.

i more dislike the kylo ren fanbase than kylo ren the actual character. that and the fact that his character doesnt make any sense at all.

I mean, Ben?? Really?? Why would Han and Leia name their son after Luke's crazy old hermit mentor who they met once before he killed himself on a death star. it would make more sense to name him Bail, after Leia's adoptive father, who saved the twins. Or James as a tip of the hat to Vader.

Heck, Anakin junior, named after his grandfather, is a character that existed, and would fit and make sense given the personality struggle. that was literally a plot point with the actual anakin solo.

The point is Ben is Luke's son, and it makes sense only in the context of Lukes son.

also, theres the whole angst turning to the dark side buisness. this kid is like, what, 20? he's to young to destroy the jedi and have an existential crisis. theres no lead up, no back story. why is he insane? why did he turn dark?

theres no context, its just "oh heres the villain, WAIT he's also a solo, haha, you didnt expect that did you." it doesnt make sense why a solo, the son of two of the richest most famous war heros of the rebellion, heir to the jedi, would randomly become a sith lord out of no where.

his logic for being evil is flimsy. "i gotta be like my grandfather" it doesnt make sense. his motivation could have been done better.

i mean, none of that makes him a terrible character, he's fine. i just dont like him, he's annoying, and theres a lot of missed potential and poor execution there.

Decidueye said:
kylo ren is gr8

i liked when he channelled his inner TR-8R

TR-8R is the true final boss of VII, VIII, and IX. search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Back