Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There were moments where he looked pretty realistic but I knew from the get-go he was CG, wouldn't say it looked bad, though.

i just saw that star wars knights of the old republic is on the app store for 3 euros (similar price in america probably)

thats dirt fucking cheap for what is one of the finest rpgs around so get that if you have an ipad or iphone or ipod touch

Movie should've been called "Commander Krennic and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good Very Bad Day"

Into scene was good, but the first act was a bit weak after that. Too much jumping around the galaxy imo, although that may have been a necessary evil. I liked how they set the rebels up as a lot more morally gray than before, with Cassian shooting the informant, the fanatic Jedha rebel faction, and saw as the anti-Vader. I thought the squid thing was going in that direction, but they never cashed in on the "lose your mind" bit and it just seems like a weird attempt to shoehorn in more CGI effects. When it picked up though, it REALLY picked up. Scarif is among the best, if not THE best, battles in Star Wars history.

Vader was mixed. The first scene was corny as all hell, but seeing him tearing the rebel troops to shreds in the last scene was BADASS. It's pure fanservice, but it's done well enough that I can't really complain. And as corny as "choke on your aspirations" was, I like bringing Vader's castle back-especially since the Emperor placed it on MUSTAFAR, of all planets.

Liked seeing the Empire portrayed as the unstoppable machine they should be instead of having the rebels pull off some miraculous victory. For once, they felt like a legitimately menacing foe instead of a bunch of bumbling mooks. Rebels went in on a suicide mission, and the filmmakers went through with killing them all instead of giving them some last-second escape.

K2SO is the best droid ever, and probably the best character in the movie. He just gets too many great lines. Cassian and Jyn were...passable. I don't hate them, but couldn't get too attached. Movie skipped out on character development a lot, but the actors did what they could with what they were handed. Expected Donnie Yen to reveal he had a saberstaff all along(and still kinda suspect that's what it was), but glad he didn't. Nice to see a character kicking ass with nothing but the Force.

Obligatory mentioning that the Death Star wasn't killed by complete idiocy. Nice retcon right there Disney.

Overall, everything I wanted from a Star Wars anthology film. I really liked that it's a full-out war movie set in the Star Wars universe instead of the typical "quest to defeat the evil wizard Sith Lord and save the kingdom galaxy". It's very dark, moreso that I would've expected Disney to go with the franchise, and that works in the film's favor. It starts off a bit slow, but if you can get past that, it's easily some of the best of the franchise.

OH SO THAT WAS MUSTAFAR AFTER ALL

my friend who already watched the movie was like "no its not" and was like "but"

freakworld said:

my friend who already watched the movie was like "no its not" and was like "but"
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/809214686356869120

Take that to your friend and tell him to shove it.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
freakworld said:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/809214686356869120

Take that to your friend and tell him to shove it.

done

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/810901367170560001

basically

i still stand by my original opinion of the force awakens and i'm sure i'll stand by my opinion of this in a year, too

My general opinion on Rouge one
Amazing. The film was fantastic and CGI was awesome. But can someone please tell me why Darth Vader has a castle? I know the dude needs somewhere to live, but I always thought that he lived on one of the imperial ships. Also, does anyone know the name of the planet that his castle is located in? I thought it was Mustafar, but I don't know for sure. It would be a nice touch if it is.

The Golden Yoshi said:
My general opinion on Rouge one
Amazing. The film was fantastic and CGI was awesome. But can someone please tell me why Darth Vader has a castle? I know the dude needs somewhere to live, but I always thought that he lived on one of the imperial ships. Also, does anyone know the name of the planet that his castle is located in? I thought it was Mustafar, but I don't know for sure. It would be a nice touch if it is.
It's been confirmed to be Mustafar.

His body was Guy Henry, but they digitally inserted Peter Cushing's face onto his body.

I know that they are capable of digitally bringing these actors back to life, but a part of me hopes they don't go this route with General Organa. You have to draw the line somewhere, you know?

After Carrie's passing I assume they may have Leia die offscreen. With Cushing he had been dead for more then 20 years. If they did something like that for Carrie though, it may feel too much like a too soon kind of thing and the staff behind the next films may get flack for it.

Peter Cushing always spoke well of Star Wars, and had stated that he wanted to appear in more of the films. Based on that, I assume he would have happily appeared himself if he were alive now. Because of that, use of his likeness doesn't bother me. His estate was reportedly involved heavily anyway, so they had his family's blessing.

In my mind, it'd be trickier with someone like Alec Guinness because he apparently didn't care for Star Wars very much. I have no idea what Carrie Fisher would have thought, or what her family thinks in regards to this.

Well that didn't stop them from using Guinness' voice clips in The Force Awakens.

Hopefully Disney will have the sense to leave fresh graves undisturbed when IX comes. It was heartwarming when Furious 7 did it with Paul Walker, but most of his scenes were already filmed and it was used to help retire his character.

Magikrazy said:
Well that didn't stop them from using Guinness' voice clips in The Force Awakens.

Good point, that completely slipped my mind when I wrote that post.

Magikrazy said:
Hopefully Disney will have the sense to leave fresh graves undisturbed when IX comes. It was heartwarming when Furious 7 did it with Paul Walker, but most of his scenes were already filmed and it was used to help retire his character.

Perhaps something similar will be done for Carrie Fisher/Leia in Episode 8?

So I saw Rogue One and it was really good
But Jesus Christ, did George R. R. Martin write the script or something? Holy shit!

I guess they forgot to bring their plot induced armor with them.

Nabber said:
hmm, I wonder if the Tarkin thing might be a result of different theaters, or if you saw it in 3D or not? i thought it was absurdly obvious it was cgi, and a lot of reviews I've read echo my thoughts. then again my father thought it was well done so who knows
honestly, every scene with tarkin stuck out like a sore thumb to me. if you showed me a clip of him, I would've thought it was from a video game, not rogue one. but oh well, fanservice is fanservice

Back