Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
'Shroom Consultant
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
I don't think there's a topic on this...if there is, I'll just delete/lock it or make it based on something stupid.

So what are your favorite stages in each game? I'd say mine would be...(no particular order)

SSB: Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule Castle
Melee: Poké Floats, Big Blue, Onett, Mute City, Temple
Brawl: Mario Circuit, WarioWare, Inc., Luigi's Mansion, Spear Pillar, Green Hill Zone

And my least favorites for the hell of it:

SSB: Yoshi's Island, Dream Land
Melee: Yoshi's Story, Brinstar, Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Japes, Venom
Brawl: Yoshi's Island (STOP MAKING THE YOSHI STAGES SO BORING PLEASE), 75m, Mario Bros., Lylat Cruise, Frigate Orpheon (and same for Metroid, IMO the only good one is Brinstar Depths)

Spear Pillar can go die. Interface screws aren't fun.

'3K said:
Spear Pillar can go die. Interface screws aren't fun.
thumbup.gif

How about the Castle Siege stage? It was new, and not bad, although the warp thing could use a little warning before it switches. I also liked Luigi's Mansion, and the new F-Zero stage wasn't so bad either.

Also, they have to bring back Green Greens, Corneria, and Temple from Melee again because those are the best stages.

Luigi's mansion to me was one of the most amazing thing in brawl. I love Luigi and Luigi's mansion was such an impacting game for me, so yeah I really liked that.

I'm pretty tired of FD's blandness though, wish they'd do something with it rather than flat land and shifting background.

The FE stage introduced was really cool though and I loved it and that one mario stage representing smb 1-1 was really awesome too.

Also the new Star fox stage was okay, kinda weird, but okay, mainly for the awesome music.

Other than that every stage I can think of is pretty freaking boring.

Super Smash Bros.
Favorite: Hyrule Castle: I liked the layout and the tornado was a fun stage hazard.
Least Favorite: Hard to decide. Sector Z is huge, though.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Favorite: It's hard to decide. I liked Hyrule Temple (the pit of life! :D), the Super Mario World stage (Lv. 9 giant Captain Falcon keeps killing himself there), Peach's Castle, and Corneria. I even liked the moving stages.
Least Favorite: I don't know. I think Flat Zone is the least played stage, though.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Favorite: Well, my favorite is, hm, well, I replaced some stages, so I don't really know.
Least Favorite: I hated Spear Pillar so much. Hannenbow, 75m, and the Mario Bros. stage are equally awful. Good thing I replaced them with better stages.

To be honest, the Pokemon Stadium 2's switching is really annoying. Also didn't like Shadow Moses Island, teh spotligt is so irritating.

Super Smash Bros.
Favorite: Hyrule Castle. Yes, the tornadoes were awesome and funny
Least Favorite: Planet Zebes. The lava is annoying (it kills at a really low percent) and battles seem to drag here.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Favorite: Temple, Mute City, Corneria, Yoshi's Island. I just like all of them
Least Favorite: I don't really have a least favorite. They're all funny to fight on.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Favorite: Yoshi's Island. Reminds me of the game Baby Luigi first appeared in :)
Least Favorite: Spear Pillar. I HATE PALKIA AND CRESSELIA. Mario Bros. and 75m are also awful stages.

SSBM: Peach's Castle, Mushroom kingdom 2, Poke Floats, Yoshi's island
SSBB: Mario Bros. 75M, DK falls (I can't remember the name), and most of my stages.

I pretty much only play brawl anymore...

Anyways, I like Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination, Norfair, Castle Siege, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1&2 and Smashville. As for Melee stages in that game, Temple and Green Greens are also fun. (yeah I know the stages I like are neutral and might make me seem all super serious, but I don't play that seriously :p)

Least favorite: Surprised no one has said NEW PORK CITY, that stage was just big, but it was not fun like Temple was. Tbh I think there should be more Earthbound/Mother stages, but not ones like this... I also dislike Mushroomy Kingdom, Spear Pillar, Rumble Falls, Mario Bros, Hannenbow and 75m.

How could I forget New Pork City? Spear Pillar is stupider, though.

Spear Pillar is my 4th favorite stage and I liked New Pork City too xP

I understand why they're not popular though.

Smasher said:
I don't think there's a topic on this...if there is, I'll just delete/lock it or make it based on something stupid.

So what are your favorite stages in each game? I'd say mine would be...(no particular order)

SSB: Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule Castle
Melee: Poké Floats, Big Blue, Onett, Mute City, Temple
Brawl: Mario Circuit, WarioWare, Inc., Luigi's Mansion, Spear Pillar, Green Hill Zone
Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES! However, I strongly think Peach's Castle should be revamped, possibly being being a continuous stage and having you go through the plains, Toad Town, and Peach's Castle like in Galaxy 2's opening. Heck, maybe they could even put in random Airships that fly in through Black Holes like the Galaxy games and firing meteors while acting as platforms.

Back