Cheats?

SKmaric

King Bowser
You know how EA likes to put in little cheat codes that are entered at the title screens of games that add/unlock new features? Do you think these should be included in a Mario game?

These would be a nice little feature as long as it doesn't go overboard. Cheats that unlock character skins or extra missions for example would be nice, but cheats that allow the game to be ridiculously easy to complete or cheats that actually complete the game wouldn't be so good.

Well, as long as they don't cost too much or make it too easy. *cough*Lego game cheats*cough*

Vynnie said:
Mario Sports Mix - Instantly complete game

^These ones are 100% real.
Tell me, how do you do that.

RandomGuy said:
Well, as long as they don't cost too much or make it too easy. *cough*Lego game cheats*cough*
That only unlocked the characters and you still had to get the money to buy them.

Hm, I wouldn't complain, but I would really like it if Nintendo made it possible to adjust the SFX, Music, and Voice volumes. They rarely, if at all, includes these features. Usually, the Mario games with these features are not made by Nintendo (e.g. Fortune Street, Super Smash Bros. Melee + Brawl, Mario Power Tennis, and more.)

Cheats are fun as long as they change aesthetics only. I mean, it would be awesome to play Mario Kart where characters are all blocks or play Super Mario Galaxy in a sepia themed or inverted themed thing.

Hm, it's just a thought, but maybe it's Nintendo's policy not to put cheat codes in their games. Have they ever done it?

Ornithologist Mario said:
Hm, it's just a thought, but maybe it's Nintendo's policy not to put cheat codes in their games. Have they ever done it?

The original Metroid comes to mind.

Oh, I never played that game. :/ I think it's more of an exception, though.

I believe something great happens if you put your character's name in as "Zelda" in The Legend of Zelda.

Yoshidude99 said:
RandomGuy said:
That only unlocked the characters and you still had to get the money to buy them.
Uh, no. I meant the ones where you have to get the red bricks and then buy them for at least like 8,000, 000.

RandomGuy said:
Yoshidude99 said:
RandomGuy said:
Uh, no. I meant the ones where you have to get the red bricks and then buy them for at least like 8,000, 000.
Well there is that but you have to find them first so yeah.

I wish Mario games had cheats. I want one to turn all the enemies in Super Mario Bros into Mushrooms.

Vynnie said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Vynnie said:
Mario Sports Mix - Instantly complete game

^These ones are 100% real.
Tell me, how do you do that.

It seems that this video has been blocked to IPad and phone viewers please show tell me it in text.

Donkey Kong Country is made by Rare, isn't it? Diddy Kong Racing had cheats as well, but that's still a Rare game.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Donkey Kong Country is made by Rare, isn't it? Diddy Kong Racing had cheats as well, but that's still a Rare game.

And they had to remove Magic Codes in Diddy Kong Racing DS....

Yeah, those cheats were fun to use. However, I won't count on Nintendo to provide codes.

YoshiGo99 said:
Yeah same here.

@ Yoshidude that is a little to easy maybe if u hit them you bounce of of them as if they were rubber
What if they are still mushrooms but they don't give you points or have any effect?

Hmm, I guess. For Mario Kart games there should be a cheat where you press certain buttons to change a characters color. But it should only work with Yoshi, Shy Guy, and characters that come in different colors. If hammer Bro. was palyable in a Mario Kart game he can become Fire Bro., Boomerang Bro., or ice Bro.

Back