Jiggly Puff to beat the last even matches?

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
In Melee and Brawl, the only thing I ever used Jigglypuff for was to beat the final event matches. Falling asleep on the gigantic baddies can send them flying after three hits. He can also float away from danger very well. Anyone else?

Never played as Jigglypuff but it seems like you just do the same thing with Kirby for floating. So you beat Giga Bowser as Jigglypuff? :eek:

RandomGuy said:
Never played as Jigglypuff but it seems like you just do the same thing with Kirby for floating. So you beat Giga Bowser as Jigglypuff? :eek:
Indeed. Kirby is the same in regards to evasive manuevers w/ floating, but he can't send the gargantuan nemesises flying by pressing B Down and falling asleep on them! All it takes to send them off the stage is three naps over them a piece, for a total of 9 slumbers (actually more, because you will not connect them all probably).

You do have Mewtwo and Ganondorf to contend with too, so you're leaving yourself vulnerable by using Rest to deal with Giga Bowser.

I used the same strategy too to take out Giga Bowser.

For dealing with Mewtwo and Ganondorf, I stalled, jumped around the stage, and let the motion sensor bombs and bob-ombs do the work. That's my tip with dealing with them.

Wouldn't it be weird for the final event match to be versus a Puffed Up Jigglypuff?

New Super Mario said:
I suck with her. Cause I can't master that one attack where you sleep and send enemies away.
My reaction depends on the Smash Bros. game you have.

Melee: Well, keep practicing and it will be totally worth it.
Brawl: Don't play as Jigglypuff; Rest doesn't do as much damage as it did in Melee.

From my experience, I went all Mewtwo with The Showdown. I first used n-airs and f-airs to get rid of Giga Bowser, and then finished off Mewtwo and Ganondorf by normal means.

IMO Jigglypuff is really underrated in the Super Smash Bros. series. I don't know why, I like its aerials and it's good for making the wall of pain, especially in Melee.

Baby Luigi said:
IMO Jigglypuff is really underrated in the Super Smash Bros. series. I don't know why, I like its aerials and it's good for making the wall of pain, especially in Melee.
True that, I never lose with Jigglypuff in Melee.

It's about as good as Sheik.

Facebook and Jigglypuff are on the oppisites of the rating scale. Observe:

|Facebook
|
|Where Jigglypuff should be
|
|
|
|
|
|Jigglypuff
|Where Facebook should be

Jigglypuff does have that green headband in Melee, which looks more masculine than feminine. Sure it has more female related caps than male related caps, but it's just a sign that some Jigglypuffs are male gendered.

Yeah, people tend to call Jigglypuff a girl because of the voice, the feminine actions, and the hats. The game officialy called Jigglypuff an "it", though.

And I always thought the green headband Jigglypuff was still female because of the actions.

Correct, RandomGuy.

I also found gender ratios for Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff have a 75% chance of being female, and a 25% chance of being male.

There is still space for male Jigglypuffs.

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, people tend to call Jigglypuff a girl because of the voice, the feminine actions, and the hats. The game officialy called Jigglypuff an "it", though.

And I always thought the green headband Jigglypuff was still female because of the actions.

The headband bares a resemblance to Fighter Kirby though. The only difference is the headband colors.

It's possible that this Jigglypuff is the Jigglypuff from the Pokemon anime, and that would make it female (although, to think of it, that one was never confirmed either o_O).

My real question: who cares? Just call it she or it, it doesn't matter.

Back