M.C.'s "Mario Music" SNES Arrangement Gallery (Mario Kart/Tennis; post #93)

MeritC

Dedicated Mario fan; loves the Mario girls double!
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
That's right, MarioWiki/Super Mario Boards community, time for yours truly to bring to these parts...
ftversions_titlebanner.png
This gallery itself that I have been maintaining has been in action for five years strong (going on six), despite some "opposition" at some other forums that I shared these works with. However, after giving it much thought, it's time to bring it to these venues -- one, being that these forums are a branch of the Super Mario Wiki and two, that this forum is titled the "Super Mario Boards" after all, uniting all fans of the Mario series as a whole together! This "music gallery" that I have with me in tow is targeting the "modern" music for Mario series' installments, and arranging them into the Super Nintendo music style! Ever since I started this a few years ago doing SNES-style arrangements from Super Paper Mario, it's been an awesome ride for me so far. But it's best I explain it in the next section... which I believe you all on these boards are asking...

gallery_about.png
Let me explain... or more importantly, let me ask you these questions:
(1) Are you a dedicated fan of the Mario music done for recent installments?
(2) Are you a dedicated fan of the Super Nintendo music style itself?
(3) Are you addicted to certain "instrument styles" from certain Super Nintendo games and wondered how they could be implemented to use for arranging certain tunes from recent Mario game installments?

If you answered yes to all three of these questions, that's what I've been aiming for here. And let's just say that the musical score of Super Paper Mario (constantly!) prompted me to do such a task. Not to mention that since I'm a member of a certain video game music community that I also won't mention here, a certain member hinted to me and others about getting "instruments" from Super Nintendo games (which I also won't mention for now). After getting news from "internal sources" on how to do this job, I was also told about ModPlug Tracker (if any of you have heard about that) to add the instruments and make the "set" that was created to be used for certain SNES games! After getting used to this process, I've been hooked on that ever since. Now, with that said let's get to how this gallery is going to work.

As I said earlier, I have attempted to gather certain "instrument sets" from Super Nintendo games via "internal means" (and using MODPlug Tracker to get the sets together) and used them to "arrange" modern Mario music in that instrument set/style of the SNES game in question. As you'll see in the Acknowledgement List later, for example, there are some tunes from Super Paper Mario that I have managed to "arrange" in the Batman Returns (SNES) style, more from that same game in the Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge style, and so forth. Be forwarned, there may be some arrangements which are a mixture of at least two "styles". If you haven't guessed already, the BR style and the SM&XM: A.R. style are my top favorites, but I couldn't limit myself to those two alone. When you check out the "Gallery List" in the next post, you'll see what I mean. I'll also list the instrument styles I have used so far for this overall gallery under the "Acknowledgement List".

This part of the explanation is for those of us who are videogame music "insiders": as for the SNES arrangements themselves, we all should already know that compared to the "music approaches" for today's systems, the composing process for the Super Nintendo system was limited, but if done correctly, you're still able to create awesome tunes of great quality. The culprit, of course, was "channel limitations" -- especially in regards to making sure "music channels" didn't interfere with channels reserved for sound effects (especially for "gameplay levels"!). I've seen this for myself and that's what I have been trying to do here with my arrangements here in this gallery. Hard work, but it definitely pays off in the end. It's rare that all channels were used for SNES music itself, and if so, that would be targeted for title screen areas or game credits areas for SNES games themselves. Once again, you can thank ModPlug Tracker for giving me the opportunity to "emulate" this as well in my arrangement work here.

DETAILED REASON AS TO WHY THIS GALLERY IS AT THE MARIO WIKI/SUPER MARIO BOARDS:
The past years that I've been maintaining this gallery at a certain forum... although I have gathered a few responses on the works that I've done here, there were some folks over there tormenting me as if what I'm doing regarding this project was nothing more than a waste of time. Obviously, I ignored them, but I just could not stand and accept any kind of attacks against this kind of gallery itself. I've also came to the conclusion that those that viewed the gallery there might not have been interested in the awesomness of the Super Nintendo music process itself -- and second, even though I'm still happy that I'm arranging stuff using ModPlug Tracker using the Super Nintendo music style, it's time to spread this to over venues, and this site is one of those targets, since I came to conclude that it's best to share this in a community who REALLY appreciates the Mario series as a whole, PLUS to find those who still love to hear Super Nintendo styled music today. It's an honor to bring it to these parts, and I really hope you enjoy what I have to offer here.

gallery_acknowlegement_list.png
While I owe huge thanks to those that let me know about getting instruments from the SNES games, I have to sadly undisclose the said community, for they're under "internal" sources. But what I can do is list the instruments sets from SNES games I have used so far for this gallery, as well as list the composers responsible for creating those sets to use for the musical score of the respective games. And that list is as follows (last updated December 31, 2014):

Batman Returns (SNES Version - Konami)
Jun Funahashi, Harumi Ueko, Kazuhiko Uehara

Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (LJN/Software Creations)
Geoff Follin & Tim Follin (as you can already tell, the SNES version of this musical score > all others, and yes, this INCLUDES the instrumentation itself)

Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage (Sunsoft/Viacom New Media)
Nu Romantic Productions (grr... and to this day I'm STILL trying to find who actually wrote this score!!!)

The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES Version - Konami)
Jun Funahashi, Masanari Iwata, Masahiko Kimura, Kayo Fujitani, Harumi Ueko, Masahiro Ikariko, Kazuhiko Uehara (eeesh... what a HUGE list of names! o_O)

Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day (Viacom New Media)
Nu Romantic Productions (Okay, Nu Romantic Productions, why haven't you given us the acutal composer of this game either?!?!?!?!?! HUH?!?!??!?!)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version - Konami)
Kazuhiko Uehara, Hideto Inoue, Harumi Ueko

Plok! (Tradewest/Software Creations)
Geoff Follin & Tim Follin (Yep, the same guys who created the instrument set for Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge! And yes, I love the Plok! instrument set they made along with the former. :P)

Disney's Magical Quest 1 (Capcom/Disney)
Mari Yamaguchi, Tatsuya Nishimura (NOTE: The SNES version is obviously known by the title The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse; a GBA version was made as well, but it's titled Disney's Magical Quest Starring Mickey & Minnie. Of course, main acknowledgement goes to the two folks responsible for doing the SNES version of the game's musical score. :P)

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose (Konami)
Kazuhiko Uehara, Yukie Morimoto

Animaniacs (SNES Version) (Konami)
Tomoya Tomita

Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind - SNES Version (Accolade/Solid Software)
Matt Berardo

Smart Ball (Sony Imagesoft/System Sacom/Game Freak)
Hirohiko Fukuda, Manabu Saito, Akira Yamaoka

Disney's Magical Quest 2 (Capcom/Disney)
Mari Yamaguchi, Tatsuya Nishimura (NOTE: Same as the Disney's Magical Quest 1 set, but the targeted SNES game in question is called The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie; a GBA version was made as well many years after the SNES game itself, but it's titled Disney's Magical Quest 2 Starring Mickey & Minnie. Of course, main acknowledgement goes to the two folks responsible for doing the SNES version of the game's musical score. :P)

Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge (Konami)
Kazuhiko Uehara/Saiko Miki

Inspector Gadget (Hudson Soft/Fourty-Five)
Kennosuke Suemura/Saori Kobayashi

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time (Konami)
Kazuhiko Uehara/Harumi Ueko

Mega Man Soccer (Capcom)
Toshio Okamoto/Kenichi Tomizawa/Norihoko Togashi

Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom)
Yuki Iwai/Yuko Takehara/Setsuo Yamamoto

Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom)
Norihiko Togashi

Castlevania: Dracula X (Konami)
Tomoya Tomita/Masanari Iwata/Harumi Ueko/Masahiko Kimura

ftversions_happenings.png
3/7/2012 - After two years of maintaining this gallery, it's time to bring it to an all-new venue -- the Super Mario Wiki/Super Mario Boards! Very excited to be here, everyone! Also, along with bringing the gallery here, I have new SNES-style arrangements targeting the musical score of Mario Kart 7!

Re: M.C.'s "Mario Music" SNES Arrangement Gallery (SMBoards Version!)

And now without further ado (and after a VERY huge explanation), it's time for me to present...
gallerylist_menu.png

Here's how this will operate:
(1) The songs in question for which I've done SNES-style arrangements of will obviously be sorted out by the game in question... which leads me to this...
(2) Even though I'm happy to do SNES-style arrangments of the "modern" Mario music, I still have to give the original composers credit where it's due! The folks responsible, if known, will be placed beside the game's name, obviously.
(3) Alongside each "title" of the song in question, I will place the "SNES instrument set" I have used to arrange the tune. For example, if I have used the instrument set of The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) to do the arrangement style in question and the song is "Merlee's Mansion (Inside)", it would be done like this:
"Merlee's Mansion (Inside)" - (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)

Got it, everyone? Great! Then let's get to the music itself (hears cheering everywhere)! :P This list was last updated as of March 10, 2016.

Part 1 of the Gallery List:

Super Paper Mario (Naoko Mitome/Chika Sekigawa)
Today's Story (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Super Paper Mario Theme Song (Mixed Arrangement: B.R. (SNES) & SMXM: A.R.)
Chapter 1 Intro: Lineland (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 1-1: Lineland Road (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Chapter 1-2: Mt. Lineland/Chapter 1-3: Yold Desert (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Chapter 2 Intro: Gloam Valley (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 2-1: Gloam Swamp (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Chapter 2-2: Merlee's Mansion (Outside) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 2-2: Merlee's Mansion (Inside) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 3 Intro: The Bitlands (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Chapter 3-1: The Bitlands (The Open Plane) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Chapter 3-2: The Tile Pool (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Chapter 4 Intro: Outer Space (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 4-1: Outer Space/Chapter 4-2: Planet Blobule/Chapter 4-3: Outer Limits (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 4-4: Mr. L., Green Thunder (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Chapter 4-4: Brobot Battle (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
The Wedding Begins (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Wedding Waltz (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangememt)
Count Bleck's Plan (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Closing Battle (Chapter 8-4) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Yold Ruins (Chapter 1-4) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Fort Francis (Chapter 3-4) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Francis Battle (Chapter 3-4) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Fracktail Appears (Chapter 1-4) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Bonechill Appears (Chapter 7-4) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Bonechill Battle (Chapter 7-4) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Chapter 8 Intro (Castle Bleck) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Mimi the Copycat (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Mimi Battle (Chapter 2-4) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
The Overthere (Chapters 7-4 and 7-4) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Castle Bleck (Chapter 8) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Swoon.exe (Chapter 3-4) (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Chapter 5 Intro (Land of the Cragnons) (SmartBall Arrangement)
Chapter 5-1/5-2 (Land of the Cragnons) (SmartBall Arrangement)
Chapter 5-3/5-4 (Floro Caverns) (SmartBall Arrangement)
Mine Cart Ride (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
King Croacus Appears (Chapter 5-4) (Batman Returns (SNES Version) Arrangement)
King Croacus Battle (Chapter 5-4 (Batman Retuns (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Flipside Arcade (Lobby) (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Flipside Arcade (Hammer Whacker) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Shiho Fujii/Ryo Nagamatsu)
World 2 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 4 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 5 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Tower Levels (SmartBall Arrangement)
World 1 Map (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Underground (Main) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Boss Battle: Koopa Kids (1) - Tower Levels (Smart Ball Arrangement)
Boss Battle: Koopa Kids (2) - Castle Levels (Smart Ball Arrangement)
Bowser Jr.'s Airship - Main Area (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Bowser Jr.'s Airship - Boss Area (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Boss Battle: Bowser Jr. - Bowser Jr.'s Airship (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
World 1 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 7 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 8 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 8 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Underground Caverns (World 8) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Staff Credits (Plok! Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!

Mario Super Sluggers (Various Composers - their "main composer/main arrangers list" in their credits is HUGE! :eek:)
Staff Credits (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles: Tournament Fighters (SNES) Arrangement)

WarioWare: D.I.Y. (Takeru Kanazaki)
Penny's "D.I.Y. 101" (Plok! Arrangement)
Jimmy's Aerobics (Plok! Arrangement)
D.I.Y. Shop (Plok! Arrangement)

Super Mario Galaxy (Mahito Yokota/Koji Kondo; original performance by the Mario Galaxy Orchestra)
The Star Festival (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Battlerock Galaxy (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Space Junk Galaxy (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Gusty Garden Galaxy (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Bowser's Galaxy Reactor (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Bowser Battle (Main) (Batman Returns Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Bowser Battle (Final) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Space Fantasy (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Good Egg Galaxy (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Ghostly Galaxy (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Staff Credits (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
The Story Begins (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Gateway Galaxy (Version 1) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Gateway Galaxy (Version 2) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Prolouge - Attack of the Airships (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Airship Armada (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Prolouge - Catastrophe/Peach's Castle Under Siege (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Prolouge - Peach's Castle Stolen/Mario Knocked Out (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Epilouge: Daybreak - A New Dawn (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Epilouge: Birth ("Welcome New Galaxy!") (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Mahito Yokota/Ryo Nagamatsu/Koji Kondo; original performance by the Mario Galaxy Orchestra)
Sky Station Galaxy (Main Theme) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Sky Station Galaxy (Secondary Theme) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Fleet Guide Galaxy (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Arrangement)
Rightside Down Galaxy (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Bowser Jr.'s Mighty Megahammer (Animaniacs (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Bowser's Galaxy Generator (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Bowser Battle (Main) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Bowser Battle (Final) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Beat Block Galaxy (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Boss Blitz Galaxy (Batman Returns (SNES Version) Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Space Storm Galaxy (Batman Returns (SNES Version) Arrangement) - PERSONAL FAVORITE!
Title Fanfare (Overture) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
The Star Festival (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
World 6 Map (Bowser In Your Sights) (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Speedy Comet In Orbit! (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Bowser's Road Courses (Super Castlevania 4 Arrangement)

gallerylist_menu.png

Part 2 of The Gallery List:

Mario Kart Wii (Asuka Ohta/Ryo Nagamatsu)
Luigi Circuit & Mario Circuit (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
DK Summit (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Daisy Circuit (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Coconut Mall (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Arrangement)
Dry Dry Ruins (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Arrangement)
Moonview Highway - Version 1 (Main) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Moonview Highway - Version 2 (City) (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Rainbow Road (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Arrangement)
Credits - Part 1 (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Arrangement)
Credits - Part 2 (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Arrangement)
Wario's Gold Mine (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Koopa Cape - Version 1 (Main) (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Koopa Cape - Version 2 (Rapids) (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Koopa Cape - Version 3 (Underwater) (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Bowser's Castle (Super Castlevania 4 Arrangement)
Title Screen (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Game Settings (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Ghost Trial Race/WiFi Standby (NWFC Procedure) (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Mario Kart Channel: Main Menu (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Mario Kart Channel: Rankings (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)

Mario Sports Mix (Masayoshi Soken/Kumi Tanioka)
Mario Sports Mix Fanfare (Batman Returns (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Halftime Results/Wi-Fi Setup (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Records Section (Animaniacs (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Mario Stadium (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Peach's Castle (Plok! Arrangement)
Daisy Garden (Animaniacs (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Toad Park (Animaniacs (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Western Junction (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Wario Factory (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Bowser's Castle (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters Arrangement)
Bowser Jr. Blvd. (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Smash Skate (Hard Mode) (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters Arrangement)
Tournament - Mushroom Cup (Plok! Arrangement)
Tournament - Flower Cup (Plok! Arrangement)
Tournament - Star Cup (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters Arrangement)
Main Menu (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time Arrangement)
Match Results (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters Arrangement)

Wario Land: Shake It! (Tomoya Tomita/Minoko Hamano)
Main Menu (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Stonecarving City (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Foulwater Falls (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Wavy Waters (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Mt. Lava Lava (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcades Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Hot Roderick Race (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Its-all Mine (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Ropey Jungle (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Soggybog River (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Bloomsday Blowout (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
The Shake King (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Creep Blue Sea (Plok! Arrangement)
Bad Manor (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES Version - Konami) Arrangement)

Mario Kart 7 (Kenta Nagata/Satomi Terui)
"Mario Kart 7" Theme Song (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Single Player Setup (Part 1: Mode Select) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Single Player Setup (Part 2: Driver Select/Kart Setup) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Single Player Setup (Part 3: Course Selection) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Toad Circuit/Mario Circuit (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Daisy Hills (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Music Park (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Rock Rock Mountain (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Piranha Plant Slide (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Wario Shipyard (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Neo Bowser City (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Race Results (Satisfactory) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Fumie Kumatani/Jun Senoue/Naofumi Hataya/Hideaki Kobayashi/Tadashi Kinukawa/Teruhiko Nakagawa/Tomonori Sawada)
Ski Cross (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)

Mario Tennis Open (Motoi Sakuraba)
Tournament - World Open (Theme 1) (Mega Man Soccer Arrangement)
Tournament - World Open (Theme 2) (Mega Man Soccer Arrangement)

Super Mario 3D Land (Asuka Hayazaki/Takeshi Hama/Mahito Yokota)
Title Screen/File Selection (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Main Theme/Grass Theme Courses (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Underground Courses (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Airsip Boss Battle - Theme 1 (Boom-Boom) (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Castle Theme 1 (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Castle Theme 2 (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)
Desert Theme (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Special World 8 - Main Map (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Special World 8 - Crown Map (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Yuki Tsuji/Natsuko Yokoyama)
World Star Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)

Game & Wario (Original Composers Not Able To Be Posted Here - For Now*)
Arrow - Practice Phase (Target Practice) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Arrow - Phase 1 - Main Fight (Mini "MechaWarios" Attack) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Arrow - Phase 2 - Boss Fight ("MechaWario Tank" Attacks) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Introduction - Part 1 (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Introduction - Part 2 (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Arrow - Introduction (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Ski - Introduction (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Ski - Menu (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Ski - Time Trials (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Ski - Time Trials - Course Cleared (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Gamer - 9-Volt Mode: The "Warning" (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Gamer - 9-Volt Mode: "Busted..." (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
"Game & Wario" Title Screen (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Main Menu (Mode Select) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Main Menu (Single Player - File Select/Profile Setup) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Main Menu (Game Selection) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Arrow - Main Menu (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Shutter - Stage Theater (Main Theme) (Stage 2) (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time Arrangement)
Ski - Endless Bunny Slope ("Jimmy Lovin'") (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Kung Fu - Main Menu (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Kung Fu - Main Theme ("Five Trials") (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Kung Fu - Main Theme ("Five Trials") - Stage Cleared (Inspector Gadget Arrangement)
Gamer - Title Screen (Plok! Arrangement)
Ashley - Title Screen (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Ashley - Main Menu (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Stage 1 Introduction (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Stage 1 ("Book of Lollipops") (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Stage 2 Introduction (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Stage 2 ("Book of Chocolate") (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Stage 3 Introduction (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Stage 3 ("Book of Ice Cream") (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Ashley - Boss Fight (Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge Arrangement)
Pirates - Practice ("There's Captain Wario!") (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Pirates - Dancin' Time! ("Match My Moves!") (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Pirates - Dancin' Time! ("Match My Moves!") - Stage Cleared (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Bowling - Skill Shot Challenges (Part 1: Sections 1 - 3) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Bowling - Skill Shot Challenges (Part 2: Sections 4 - 6) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Bowling - Skill Shot Challenges (Part 3: Sections 7 - 10) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Islands - Title Screen (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)

Super Mario 3D World (Mahito Yokota/Toru Minegishi/Yasuaki Iwata/Koji Kondo; original performance by the Mario 3D World Big Band)
Staff Credits (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement) **
Getting Ready (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Title Screen/File Select (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Opening - Part 1 (Fireworks Show) (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Opening - Part 2 (Green Sprixie Princess Appears/A Plea For Help) (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Opening - Part 3 (Bowser Appears!/Sprixie Princess Captured/The Chase Begins) (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
World Map: Sprixie Princess Spotted and In Distress! (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
World Map: The Sprixie Princess Rescue Operation Begins (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Main Theme ("Super Bell Hill") (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Course Clear (Main Fanfare) (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
World 1 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 3 Map (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
World 4 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 5 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 7 Map (World Castle) (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
World 8 Map (World Bowser) (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Underground/Cavern Courses (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Bowser's Castle Courses (Prepare to Infiltrate!) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Bowser's Castle Courses (Main Theme) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Bowser Fight: "Bowser's Highway Showdown" (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Double Cherry Pass (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Beep Block Skyway (Plok! Arrangement)
Tank Courses ("Bowser's Bullet Bill/Bob-omb Brigade") (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Major Enemy Ahead (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Mountain/Savannah/Bullet Bill Base Courses (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Train Courses ("The Bullet Bill Express"/"The Bowser Express") (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Jungle Courses (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Mysterious Castle/Dungeon Courses (Super Castlevania 4 Arrangement)
Lava Lair Courses ("Simmering Lava Lake"/"Trick Trap Tower") (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - Main Course (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - The Looming Tower/Bowser Drops In! ("Meowser") (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - Bowser/Meowser Fight: Tower Ascent, Part 1 (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - Bowser/Meowser Fight: Tower Ascent, Part 1 (End) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - Bowser/Meowser Fight: Tower Ascent, Part 2
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - Final Victory Against "Bowser/Meowser"/The Sprixie Princesses' Final Liberation (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
The Great Tower of Bowser Land - Final Celebration (Course Clear) (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Sprixie Princesses' Theme (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Athletic Courses (Disney's Bonkers (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)
Fuzzy Time Mine (Disney's Aladdin (SNES Version - Capcom) Arrangement)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Shiho Fujii/Mahito Yokota)
Main Theme (Primary Version) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Main Theme (Athletic Version) (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Acorn Plains Map (World 1) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Layer-Cake Desert Map (World 2) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Soda Jungle: Haunted Forest Map (World 5) (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Rock Candy Mines Map (World 6) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Meringue Clouds Map (World 7) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Peach's Castle Map Intro ("Prepare To Infiltrate!") (World 8) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Peach's Castle Map (World 8) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Peach's Castle - Castle ("The Final Battle" - Main Course) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Peach's Castle - Castle ("The Final Battle" - Bowser Fight 1) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Peach's Castle - Castle ("The Final Battle" - Bowser Fight 2) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Peach's Castle - Castle ("The Final Battle" - Peach Liberated) (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Epilouge, Part 1 ("Bowser 'Humiliated'/The 'Retreat', Part 1") (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Epilouge, Part 2 ("The 'Retreat', Part 2/The Castle Siege Is Over!") (Castlevania: Dracula X Arrangement)
Staff Credits (Plok! Arrangement)

Mario Kart 8 (Shiho Fujii/Atsuko Asahi/Ryo Nagamatsu/Yasuaki Iwata; original performance by the Mario Kart Band)
Title/Theme Song (Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge Arrangement)
Mario Kart Stadium (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Sweet Sweet Canyon (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Thwomp Ruins (SmartBall Arrangement)
Mario Circuit (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Electrodrome (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time Arrangement)
Wild Woods (SmartBall Arrangement)

* NOTE (8/19/2014) - This specified SNES music style arrangement is dedicated to the loving memory of the late Robin Williams (1951 - 2014), comedian/actor extraordinare. More details can be found here.

May we give requests/suggestions?

Aww man, awesome. I'm guessing these don't have SPC versions though? ):

These are really nice.

UltraMario said:
May we give requests/suggestions?

I might consider that once I rejuvenate from my latest update which I'll make a post about in a moment. I'm currently planning my next targets as well.

Mason said:

Are you talking about seeing how these songs I arrange would be played on an SPC utility/player? Because as I said, I used ModPlug Tracker to do the process and save the files themselves as .IT files. However, if there is an utility that would allow me to convert them from .IT to .SPC file format, let me know please, for I'm curious to know how this is done as well (playback wise from there).

To everyone else, thanks for the support so far. As you can tell, I love the Mario series and its' music, obviously.

Okay, new announcement post, now that everything's been situated:

I was definitely waiting for the opportunity to arrive, everyone -- along with my bringing this gallery to these parts (Super Mario Wiki/Super Mario Boards) -- I also have to announce the latest update to it as of today! The latest additions to this gallery involve my doing SNES-style arrangements of the musical score for Mario Kart 7! The recent file additions I have ready for your listening are the following:

Mario Kart 7 (Kenta Nagata/Satomi Terui)
"Mario Kart 7" Theme Song (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Single Player Setup (Part 1: Mode Select) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Single Player Setup (Part 2: Driver Select/Kart Setup) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Single Player Setup (Part 3: Course Selection) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Toad Circuit/Mario Circuit (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Daisy Hills (Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage Arrangement)
Music Park (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Rock Rock Mountain (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Piranha Plant Slide (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Wario Shipyard (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Neo Bowser City (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Race Results (Satisfactory) (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)

My personal favorites are the Mario Kart 7 theme song, Piranha Plant Slide, and New Bowser City arrangements I did from this batch. Oh, and the Race Results (Satisfactory) music as well.

That's it for this update itself, all; hope you love listening to these just as much as I did making these SNES-style arrangements of them! :)

This is highly impressive. I'm not a big fan of scaled-down soundtracks in general, but these do a great job of staying true to the original tracks. I should also mention that since I've been trained as a musician to listen to the little things like articulations, harmonies, and accents, and these are true to the originals in those aspects as well, which I greatly appreciate.

Magus said:
This is highly impressive. I'm not a big fan of scaled-down soundtracks in general, but these do a great job of staying true to the original tracks. I should also mention that since I've been trained as a musician to listen to the little things like articulations, harmonies, and accents, and these are true to the originals in those aspects as well, which I greatly appreciate.

Thanks, and trust me, especially in terms of the latest batch of SNES-style arrangements I did (targeting Mario Kart 7), I was listening to the musical score countless times from my 3DS as I was playing the MK7 game. Speaking of which, I was hoping I could target the Rosalina's Ice World course music as well, but I have a beef with that because the music itself for it was too messed up! Not even an attempt at arranging that music SNES-style could do it justice!

It looks like 4shared is not letting me listen to this without an account :'(

SKmarioman said:
It looks like 4shared is not letting me listen to this without an account :'(

...huh...? When did this happen? Let me know via PM so that I can investigate this further.

EDIT: That goes for both previewing and downloading said files; still, let me know via PM when this happened so that I can investigate this further. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quick news posting -- I know I sent a group PM to those who responded to the thread thus far, but still must be said that after finding confirmation of the fact that downloads from 4shared are restricted to "members only", I'm currently trying to find alternatives to host the files elsewhere. I do have a temporary file hosting account, so if any of you are still interested in hearing specified files, please don't hesitate to let me know which ones via PM as well.

Additionally, if any of you know of any reliable file hosts under the "permanent" category, please don't hesitate to let me know via PM on that as well.

I'll resume arrangement targets once this matter gets resolved. Thanks, all.

http://box.com/

Really annoying of you to send a mass PM and then ignore responses. I use Box (on their free plan) to host games that are around 5 megabytes each. Another alternative is Dropbox (not to be confused with Box) but they work different than a typical file host and you have to download their software to use it.

They sound pretty great so far. Keep up the good work. :)

MeritC said:
Mason said:

Are you talking about seeing how these songs I arrange would be played on an SPC utility/player? Because as I said, I used ModPlug Tracker to do the process and save the files themselves as .IT files. However, if there is an utility that would allow me to convert them from .IT to .SPC file format, let me know please, for I'm curious to know how this is done as well (playback wise from there).
Oh, didn't catch this post. Yeah, that's what I meant but I don't know of any tools ): sorry.

I'll still do searching as usual in terms of finding any file converters; I do recall seeing some, but the question is what utility is to be trusted.

As for file hosts, I will investigate box.com to get the full details, but I'm open to other suggestions. Until then, I'm not able to do any more arrangement targets until this file hosting situation gets resolved.

Which also brings me to another piece of news -- in terms of a temporary solution, I do have an account that allows me to host files on a temporary basis; if any of you aren't able to create an account on 4shared and are still interested in listening to the arrangement works that I have done here (on the respective lists above), send a PM my way with the music files you were trying to get access to. I'll be happy to fulfill those requests in the meantime.

What in the world... months pass and no update yet from yours truly...?! Urgh... time to fix that.

But sadly, it's a general news update -- just to confirm that I'm not dead and neither is this gallery. It's just that I've been dealing with a bunch of obligations outside of this process, hence why I haven't been targeting new stuff lately. But it IS in the planning stages, I just have to decide which ones to deal with next.

Second, I'm still on the filehost search -- I've got it narrowed down to one or two candidates; the filehosting process at 4shared now is starting to become downright unacceptable to me (once again, unless you have an actual account over there to download files, it's basically an "access denied" scenario). Hopefully, once I get this matter resolved, I'll let you all know when I have updated said links accordingly.

In the meantime, once again, I still have all the files I've done for this gallery so far backed up onto my CD-RWs; if there are any files that you are interested in checking out from this gallery, please do not hesitate to send a PM my way with your request. I do have an account at a temporary file hosting site that I can use to help with that process until I make a final decision regarding a permanent solution to this filehosting case.

That's all for now; gotta go. By the way, I hope that the musical score for Mario Tennis Open will be addictive once I get my hands on that game. :P

All right, everyone, got some really great news to share with you tonight; listen carefully:

As of this posting which I have snagged the chance to do, I have recently made a decision on my newest file host and am currently transferring files to over there. This means that once the process has completed, the existing file links (on the main topic starters at least) will be changed within the next one to two days, and more importantly, the 4shared file links will not be active anymore after this, since the files will be deleted from their servers.

Regardless, I seriously can NOT wait to finally get this done because I definitely want to get back into some more SNES-style arrangement action using the ModPlug Tracker utility. As I write this, I'm currently in the decision process on which modern Mario musical scores to target next (which is still top secret for not).

I'll keep you all posted and let you know when the file links have been updated; to those who have replied to the thread so far, I'll send a group PM your way notifying you folks of said change as well. Take care for now, everyone!

Quick news update -- just snagged the chance to let all you watchers of this gallery know that the file links in the topic starter have now changed from 4shared to Opendrive (which is the new file host I chose from here on out). So the files themselves are ready for your downloading and listening enjoyment, include the recent additions I did a few months back doing SNES-style music arrangements of the Mario Kart 7 musical score.

I'm still in the planning stages on my next targets; hopefully, I'll get on a roll with them soon. Take care until then, all!

This is great news :) Now I can listen to the rest of the gallery. I'm especially liking the Super Mario Galaxy songs.

Thanks; in my opinion, the arrangements that I've done in relation to the Super Mario Galaxy score are on my top favorites list, and I still plan on doing more. Just have to decide on what to target next.

Just gotta clear some hurdles at this time before I continue.

Back