M.C.'s "Mario Music" SNES Arrangement Gallery (Mario Kart/Tennis; post #93)

Re: M.C.'s "Mario Music" SNES Arrangement Gallery (SMBoards Version!)

It's been a while on updating the gallery, everyone; time to do some additions. Got two things to report as the details on what's new here:

(1) The newest batch of arrangements that I have here are targeting the Nintendo 3DS Mario series' installment: Mario Tennis Open! For now, I've finished two SNES-style arrangements in relation to this game, which I'll explain later.

(2) Along with the first announcement on this post, I'm happy to announce that we've got another featured "SNES instrument set" in the mix for this gallery -- and that is Mega Man Soccer! Hopefully some of you here have heard of and/or played said SNES game and/or listened to that game's musical score. ;D

Now to the goods -- as said earlier, it's two SNES-style arrangement so far that I've done which target Mario Tennis Open, but I doubt they'll be my last. I just had to snag time to get these out of the way so that I can see about trying to do more from Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 next. The arrangements themselves in question in regards to Mario Tennis Open are the following (once again, both using the Mega Man Soccer instrument sets):

Tournament - World Open (Theme 1)
Tournament - World Open (Theme 2)

Take care until next update, all; and enjoy these two new additions!

Wha...? No response to the two arrangements I've posted in regards to Mario Tennis Open? Just a quick reminder that they're up for your listening; check them out when you have the chance?

Also, quick update on latest happenings on my gallery attempts here -- I'm still in the planning stages on dealing with my next targets to do SNES-style arrangements of and some are targeting the Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 musical score again. One of those arrangement targets is going to be the "Bowser's Road" courses that are shown in the SMG2 game, but I'm a bit of a quandary in regards to how this was presented music wise. Thing is, I don't want to spoil the details here -- if any of you are interested in the details on this kind of case that I have, please don't hesitate to send me a PM about it. Let me know your interest as soon as possible; I want to see about dealing with PMing you all the details before the upcoming weekend is out. Thanks in advance for your help, everyone!

Didn't know you posted those. They're pretty good.

Really liking Theme 2 :)

Thanks, you two; as I said, more SNES-style arrangements for Mario Tennis Open are in the planning stages -- I just have to decide which ones to go after next. Right now, as I stated earlier, I'm trying see about doing some more Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 targets (including that "Bowser's Road" course music, SMG2 version).

Happy August, everyone; time for this gallery to get it's first update for the month! I'm pleased to announce that on this batch, we have a total of 11 new SNES-style arrangements -- 4 from Super Mario Galaxy, 1 from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and 6 from Super Mario 3D Land! I'll spare the details; let's get to the goods here:

Arrangements targeting the Super Mario Galaxy musical score:
Prolouge - Attack of the Airships (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Airship Armada (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Prolouge - Catastrophe/Peach's Castle Under Seige (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)
Prolouge - Peach's Castle Stolen/Mario Knocked Out (Disney's Magical Quest 1 Arrangement)

Arrangements targeting the Super Mario Galaxy 2 musical score:
Bowser's Road Courses (Super Castlevania 4 Arrangement)

Arrangements targeting the Super Mario 3D Land musical score:
Title Screen/File Selection (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Main Theme/Grass Theme Courses (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Underground Courses (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Airsip Boss Battle - Theme 1 (Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Arrangement)
Castle Theme 1 (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Castle Theme 2 (The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES) Arrangement)

Also, two other things -- first, I'm dealing with currently working on setting up an overall "home base" for this entire gallery itself. Note that this will not change my posting procedure for this thread, but for years, there really wasn't an actual "home base" for me to place this SNES-style arrangement gallery of modern music from the Mario series that we know and love. It's in the early stages right now and I'm just setting this up; once it's ready to go, I'll give you all word on where to find this said "home base".

Next, because of my working on this home base, my "arrangement making" procedure is going to be a bit limited -- currently I'm trying to find some "simple type" stuff, and I'm starting with the scores of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 to see if it's possible to do SNES-style arrangement attempts there (with maybe a few other installments). In short, I'm still on this job and don't plan on stopping any time soon.

As always, if you encounter any problems with said files I just posted here, please don't hesitate to let me know about said cases. Take care, everyone!

Okay, small "mini update" to this gallery - as I said in the last post, I'm trying to muster strength to work on an overall "home base" site for these operations, but I've been trying to squeeze opportunities to arrange in SNES music style two songs from the Super Mario Galaxy score. And, wouldn't you know -- these target the "ending sequences" in relation to the game story. Those targets are the following:

Epilouge: Daybreak - A New Dawn (Disney's Magical Quest 2 Arrangement)
Yep, loved doing the SNES-style arrangement of this just as much as listening to the original version from the game itself. For those of us who've played the Super Mario Galaxy game, this is heard during the moment when
Rosalina helps to "restore" the galaxy but in a different and more beautiful format.
Although I was happy in finshing the SNES-style arrangement of this... that (and the original) was nothing compared to...

Epilouge: Birth ("Welcome New Galaxy!") (Batman Returns (SNES) Arrangement)
Yes, this one. And yes, I really wanted to use the Batman Returns SNES instrument set for this arrangement. The original from the game itself almost made me cry as I was doing this, and although I wanted to make sure my SNES-style arrangement matched the original song, I still had to add in the strings and other stuff in the main part of the song (and also the "crash cymbals" in that... "fanfare"... in the intro when Mario declares "Welcome New Galaxy!"). Not to mention that I was like "FINALLY! I'm able to use the Batman Returns (SNES Version) instrument set to arrange a modern Mario music tune that is in a major key signature! *cries in joy*" You'll find out why when you listen to the song itself.

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I'm currently working on setting up the "home base" for this operation in general so I'll be focusing more on that before I target any new stuff. Stay tuned for any new happenings, and enjoy the newest "mini-update"! :)

All right, everyone; finally snagged the chance this evening to post this "mini-update" -- no, it's not new stuff, but as I was going through my files to backup to my CD-Rs, I've noticed that two of them needed a slight modification: the "Battlerock Galaxy" arrangement (in relation to Super Mario Galaxy) and the arrangement of the staff credits for Mario Super Sluggers.

Therefore, if you have downloaded the two existing files before this update, please delete those and replace them with these files shown below:

UPDATED FILE: Mario Super Sluggers - Staff Credits (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
UPDATED FILE: Super Mario Galaxy - Battlerock Galaxy (Disney's Magical Quest 1) Arrangement)

Thanks, all; and I'm still trying my best to snag time and work on the "home base" for all of these operations. Stay tuned!

Uhh... every single link now says "This file is not available in your region".

SKmarioman said:
Uhh... every single link now says "This file is not available in your region".

...wha...? Now that is super lame... when did you encounter this error? Because this sounds super bizarre to me.

It started when I clicked the link for the Battlerock Galaxy update, then every other link in this thread.

All right; that is beyond weird because I'm not encountering this problem on my end (I even tested loading the files/accessing the respective pages when I'm not logged in). Hopefully, it's just a bug and the Opendrive team gets to the bottom of this.

Anyone else here encountering this "file access problem" as well?

I can now access the files once again. It was probably just a temporary bug.

Oh my gosh... so very sorry for the lack of getting new stuff added on here, but there are a few reasons for that (and to also say that I'm still on this thing, especially since there's a lot more for me to target after I put my plans into place, and to also get ready to see about adding the WiiU Mario games into play here! *laughs*). Anyway, here's the lowdown; prepare for a long read, perhaps:

(1) The primary reason as to why I haven't been posting often on this thread lately is that as I was telling you all many posts back, I've been working on the "home base" of operations for this gallery in general. I'm happy to announce that it is now in full action, which also means that once I get to do extra things that I'm not able to do here -- that's after I get all these existing music files situated over there! You can find the new "home base" of the gallery itself right here (I was hoping to announce this a few days ago, but too many situations got in the way; at least, better late than never announcing this).

(2) At this time, new SNES-style "Mario music" arrangement target procedures are currently in planning stages, but in terms of doing the "arrangement process" itself, I will not be able to get to them right away because of "school computer lab" obligations. By the time I finish write this post, I have to head to my school computer lab itself to get started on one of two assignments that will demand most of my concentration. I still will be available via this thread and/or PM to answer any file questions you may have because I still have to make sure the files that I have linked on the topic starters for this thread are still available.

That's all for now from me on these fronts; take care until next update. As I said earlier, I'm still on this thing!

Long time no see from yours truly in relation to this gallery, huh? Yep, still alive and trying to get back in action on this thing (here and at the home base. But to all supporters of this cause, I'm going to need your help in my planning my next SNES-music style targets of recent Mario music entries.

Case is this -- the musical score of New Super Mario Bros. 2 -- does anyone have any confirmations if the composers are the same guys from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I have an assumption that the answer might be yes, but I don't want to draw any conclusions very quickly. I definitely want to try dealing with the "World Star Map", but I don't want to post said stuff (when finalized) unless I get all my information together and such.

If anyone has any breakthroughs in relation to this, please let me know A.S.A.P. Thanks in advance, everyone.

URGENT NEWS - I've just been informed that the filehost, OpenDrive, has purged my account that holds the files I've linked to in the respective topic starters (as in, if you attempt to click the links, you'll run into a "file not found" error). Hopefully, I'll get to the bottom of this during the course of next week.

In the meantime, you're still able to go to my "home base" of this gallery's operations and access these same files there (since they're also on the same server where my "home base" site for this gallery is at).

Many apologies for the inconvenience, everyone.

EDIT (10/4/2012) - False alarm; I was a bit misinformed. Apparently there was a server problem on OpenDrive's end and the files are now "accessible" again (the links in the topi starters). Very sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Once again, the same files are at my home base for this gallery as well.

All right, faithful "Mario Music SNES Arrangement Gallery" visitors -- update INCOMING! And I'm extremely excited to share this latest batch with you all... big time.

This batch targets the musical scores New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. 2. Make sense to post these since this is release week for New Super Mario Bros. U, right? Now, the majority of these SNES style arrangements that I've done here use the instrument set of Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day. HOWEVER, one of them is using the Plok! instrument set (and for a dang good reason!) - and it's one of my "personal favorites" (as I'm writing this, I'm listening to my arrangement take of this right now!). But enough talk, I know you guys want some file links!

For New Super Mario Bros. Wii:
World 1 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 7 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 8 Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
World 8 Theme (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Underground Caverns (World 8) (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)
Staff Credits (Plok! Arrangement) (THIS is the "PERSONAL FAVORITE" that I'm talking about, right here; more details on this later.)

For New Super Mario Bros. 2:
World Star Map (Rocko's Modern Life: Spunky's Dangerous Day Arrangement)

Now, second order of business -- as I noted, my SNES music style arrangement of New Super Mario Bros. Wii staff credits music (using the Plok! instrument set) is one of my personal favorites now, and it's been playing repeatedly in my head as I'm even writing this post. Which brings me to this -- got a question to ask you all -- can you "guess" which parts of the said arrangement in question triggered my posting this as one of "top favorite arrangements" that I've done for this gallery to date? Make sure to listen to the file, then post your replies here, or at the forums portal at the gallery's "home base" (I'll be making a topic over there shortly in regards to this as well; besides, this is one of the arrangements which I'm hoping to do a "Behind the Scenes" entry for very soon).

All right, that's it for this announcement; enjoy the file additions, everyone! I'm out for now.

Okay, everyone, new update to report and it's a small one. Today I have added one new SNES music style arrangement to the gallery, and it's targeting the "Desert Theme" for Super Mario 3D Land. The other noteworthy thing here is that this features one new SNES music instrument set that I've gathered together since earlier this month: Capcom's SNES version of Disney's Aladdin. In my opinion, it would make sense to use this set in a case like this.

Anyway, you're able to get at that file right here. Enjoy, everyone!

IMPORTANT NEWS, PLEASE READ (11/28/2012):

Just a notification that although you're able to access my music files on this gallery via the file links posted in the topic starters of this thread, it has come to my attention that my "home base" of operations for this gallery overall is currently down (as in, when you click on the links that direct you to this gallery's "home base", you'll be hit with a "CANNOT FIND SERVER" error). This delays my updating procedures there for the time being because of my constantly having to monitor if the situations in question will get resolved promptly by the server admins that host the site.

So far, my files overall are still safe on that account (but I do plan to back them up and the database, just in case, later this evening). However, I have filed a support ticket to the hosting staff over there asking if they are aware of this problem.

That's all for now; hopefully, this won't delay my future arrangement attempts during the month of December. Later, everyone.

What in heaven...? No action on this thread after last news update?! Well, time to fix that (and to let you all know I'm still alive on this thing)... only that because of "recent scenarios", I've been dealing with real life mess that kept me from doing things that I planned to deal with in terms of this month's updates.

The good news is that this gallery's "home base" is back in action. However, I'll spare the "details" on what's been keeping me back from doing my SNES music style arrangement work -- for more details on what's been going down on my end, I'd recommend going to this post at my home base to understand the situations at hand.

All right; I'm out for now.

Hey there, everyone; just posting another quick news posting on two things to end this year for the gallery that I'm maintaining here on this thread and at other areas (which would also be the final post of 2012). Okay, so here's what's been going on:

(1) As you all might be aware, I'm currently in the planning stages in regards to what modern Mario musical scores will be getting the Super Nintendo music style arrangement treatment as 2013 comes around a few days from now. I'm looking forward to what I will be dealing with once I get back in action from my "holiday break". However, that doesn't mean that I don't have time to hear from you folks in regards to what you hope that I would tackle as well. Note that this isn't really a "request" time per se, but this also gives me additional ideas on what you folks out there want to hear in regards to SNES music style arrangements of modern Mario music tunes. At my home base, I have posted this topic to get input from you guys over there in regards to what you guys hope I should consider as 2013 rolls around.

(2) I still haven't heard from any of you here on this thread (via PM) or replies to this topic over at the home base's forums trying to answer the question as to why my Super Nintendo music style arrangement of the credits music for New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of my "personal favorites". I really want to see about starting "Behind the Scenes" entries over there, so I definitely want to get input from you all in regards to your assumptions to the question posted on that topic there.

All right; that's it for now. Take care, and have a great New Year, everyone! Looking forward to doing more Super Nintendo music style arrangements of modern Mario musical scores. I'm out for now.

All right, everyone; first posting of 2013 on this thread from yours truly -- but it's mainly an announcement.

To those of you who have responded on this thread so far, check your PM Inbox; I have sent a group PM asking for your assistance in clarifying some stuff as I'm starting to make plans on new music arragement targets for this year. For those of you who've been checking this thread out but haven't responded, but are still interested in knowing what I need some assistance with, please don't hesitate to send me a PM with your request on the matter.

That's all for now; take care, everyone!

I'm the only one who joined the hub forum

EDIT: My preferred file formats for these would be .mid or .ogg

All right, everyone; finally back again on this thread to announce that this gallery now has its very first update for 2013! Here are the details on what's been added:

During the course of last month and this month, I've been trying to target more stuff in relation to the Mario Kart Wii musical score in order to get this year started off right for this thread, and the "strategy" I had was to start simple. Makes sense, right? Hence why the five targets I chose to arrange in the Super Nintendo music style are mainly simple songs, but are still good ones as well. The songs in question are the following (three are targeting the main game's musical score and two are targeting the musical score featured on the "Mario Kart Channel" for Mario Kart Wii):

Title Screen (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Game Settings (Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! Arrangement)
Ghost Trial Race/WiFi Standby (NWFC Procedure) (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Mario Kart Channel: Main Menu (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)
Mario Kart Channel: Rankings (Spider-Man & The X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES Version) Arrangement)

On a side note, everyone, this gallery itself that's maintained by yours truly is now three years strong in general! And I don't have plans on ending this any time soon -- not while there's a lot more modern Mario music stuff that needs the Super Nintendo music style arrangement treatment! *laughs* I'll write a more detailed posted about it at this gallery's "home base" of operations; once it's posted, I'll let you all know. But for now, enjoy the new additions, everyone! I'm out for now.

Back