The Next SSB Game Characters

Pichi-Hime6

Pink's a manly color
Ok, my big question is, who do you all think should be in the next SSB game (Aside from the ones featured in the last 3 games) some characters I want are Rosalina, some more Sonic Characters (Amy, Tails, Shadow, Silver, and Knuckles, with Cream as a Smash Trophy leading a Chao army), Ghirahim, Daisy, Waluigi, and last but certainly not least, ALL 8 KOOPALINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How bout you guys? :peach:

Tails, Knuckles or Shadow
Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Little Mac
Saki (I forgot her last name)
Lyn

I'd also like Roy to return.

Mega Man and Bowser Jr. Also more Metroid and F-Zero blahblahblah do I sound like a broken record yet?

Well, as far as third party characters go, it'd be awesome if they included Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass. As far as Nintendo characters go, I'd love to see Ridley and Dark Samus as playable, and Young Link with Bunny Hood would be much better than normal Link or Toon Link.

All eight Koopalings? I don't know whether to support your dreams since I love them or crush them because that is WAY to many characters. I'd rather they'd just be an assist trophy and cause havoc across the stage.

Professor Mario said:
All eight Koopalings? I don't know whether to support your dreams since I love them or crush them because that is WAY to many characters. I'd rather they'd just be an assist trophy and cause havoc across the stage.
Per. Them as and assist trophy would be awesome

Anyways, we need more villains and women. I suggest King K. Rool, Ridley, Dark Samus, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Ghirahim, Demise replacing Ganondorf, Waluigi (In the Wario series), and Kamek (In the Yoshi series) for villains, and Krystal and Impa (Skyward Sword) for women.

I shall critique your dream roster, Professor.
Professor Mario said:
Anyways, we need more villains and women (good idea)
King K. Rool (not impossible)
Ridley (seems too big to me)
Dark Samus (would work good as an alternate costume)
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (I like this idea)
Ghirahim (which form?)
Demise replacing Ganondorf (No, but Demise could be an alternate costume)
Waluigi (In the Wario series) (but he's not part of the Wario series, and Bowser Jr. would be enough addition to the Mario series)
Kamek (In the Yoshi series) (Meh, would be a better assist trophy)
Krystal (See Bowser Jr. response)
Impa (Skyward Sword) (I haven't played Skyward Sword, but if she's major enough then I'm all for it)

Drilbur said:

Would work better as another sorely needed Metroid representative.

[quote author=me in another thread]
In my mind, I picture her fighting style being like what you'd get if you combined Samus and Mewtwo. Slower and stronger than Samus but at the same time being more floaty and lighter.

As for moves, her Standard B could be her Phazon Scattershot which shoots multiple weak projectiles instead of one sustained blast. Her Side B could be a Phazon Missle which you could hold. The longer the hold, the stronger the shot. She has no equivalent of the Screw Attack, so her Up B could be that move she does where she levitates for a moment then dive-bombs you. Kinda like Sonic's Homing Attack, but she wouldn't bounce off her target. Instead she'd go through it. She has no bombs either, so her Down B could be her little forcefield thing she always does. Stronger and faster than, say, Nayru's Love but it leaves her more open afterwards.

Final Smash could totally be the Aurora Unit.
[/quote]

Dark Samus totally needs to be her own character. To all the people saying she'd be a clone, you all obviously haven't played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Go do so. Now.

My thoughts on that.

Professor Mario said:
King K. Rool seems like a good idea
Ridley yes
Dark Samus seems good
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario absolutely
Ghirahim meh
Demise replacing Ganondorf hell no
Waluigi (In the Wario series) yes, but unfortunately seems kind of unlikely
Kamek (In the Yoshi series) nah, I don't think so
Krystal Alright
Impa (Skyward Sword) no

Replacing Ganondorf = yes. With Demise = no. Try Majora.

I still think Ghirahim would transition fairly well, but that's just me. Also, inb4MnSGtriestoshootdownghirahim.

Impa in Skyward Sword should replace Zelda.

Zelda and Ganondorf should not be replaced with more minor characters like Impa, Demise and Majora. Even though some of them are cool, Zelda and Ganondorf are more important and should stick around. Removing them would be a pretty stupid move on Nintendo's part, honestly.

Also, I think Ghirahim is a bit too new to be in SSB.

I'm not going on notability, I'm going on actual quality of the characters. It wouldn't sell as well, but it'd sure be cooler. I don't particularly want Ghirahim in there, but I think he's far less of a stretch than many fan requests.

@Magikrazy: Ooh, good idea. I' would like to see Vaati in over Ghirahim or another alternate Link form.

@Bop: IMHO, notability > quality. It just wouldn't be the same for me without Zelda and Ganondorf. The major characters shouldn't be replaced with less major ones no matter how cool they are.

Smasher said:
The major characters shouldn't be replaced with less major ones no matter how cool they are.
Exactly why I'm not clamoring for Proto Man to be playable, despite him being pretty much my favorite video game character ever. Megsy needs to come first.

That's where I differ from 99% of Nintendo's fanbase, probably. I'd personally rather see twelve Nintendo characters no one cares about but make a wonderfully awesome game than see a roster chock-full of overused characters that aren't all that great anymore.

Exactly. Dark Samus would be highly awesome, but she doesn't have nearly as much rep as some others.

And she'd fill the need for both more villains and female characters.

Besides, imo, Nintendo has exhausted all the frontrunners from all its franchises. They're gonna have to dig a little deeper for roster choices this time around.

'3K said:
there needs to be more Metroid and F-Zero characters.

yes, per. Dark Samus and Goroh would be awesome in the next game.

From Capcom, I'd like to see Mega Man (Mega Man), Ryu (Street Fighter) and Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) playable; and Cut Man & Zangief as assist trophies.

Drilbur said:
I shall critique your dream roster, Professor.
Professor Mario said:
Anyways, we need more villains and women (good idea)
King K. Rool (not impossible)
Ridley (seems too big to me)
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (I like this idea)
Ghirahim (which form?)
Demise replacing Ganondorf (No, but Demise could be an alternate costume)
Waluigi (In the Wario series) (but he's not part of the Wario series, and Bowser Jr. would be enough addition to the Mario series)
Kamek (In the Yoshi series) (Meh, would be a better assist trophy)
Krystal (See Bowser Jr. response)
Impa (Skyward Sword) (I haven't played Skyward Sword, but if she's major enough then I'm all for it)
The problem with not putting Demise as the normal form is that every other Zelda character will likely just be the current incarnation of the Zelda console titles, with Ganondorf being the stand-out since he technically wasn't in Skyward Sword. Besides, it'd give a chance to have him actually use his sword instead of being a Falcon clone. And trust me, Impa appears all over Skyward Sword with crazy ninja moves that make you fangasm at the epicness. Also, Dark Samus is VERY different from Samus. She's like how Luigi is to Mario. It can harness Phazon power and summon the Aurora Unit. And yes, I know Waluigi isn't a part of the Wario series, but I wouldn't mind an exception for his potential moveset. As for Kamek, I wouldn't mind either result, but I'd definitely love playing as a witch and cast magic spells and fly on a broom. Ridley can have his size adjusted like Bowser in every Mario game, and Ghirahim could just be in his normal form with his final being his Final Smash.

Back