Fire Emblem: Awakening

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
too many pokemon threads

I'm not sure if this is seeing an international release, but I hope it does.

- character starts off with a case of amnesia
- wake up to find Krom and his sister Rizu beside you
- for some reason you know Krom's name
- these two get to see your command capabilities
- team up with the two to travel with them
- Krom is Prince in the Kingdom of Iris
- he's also head of the vigilante force
- in battle, Krom is the lord class
- Rizu is Krom's younger sister and also a member of the vigilante force
- she is not well versed in the world, can be a bit selfish, but does have a kind side
- in battle, she is the Sister class
- Dual System: entering battle while next to an ally unit will give you a support effect that raises your abilities
- ally unit will also take part in the battle scene as a Support Unit
- ally will perform Dual Attack and Dual Guard moves
- free to move to places you've previously visited
- encounter merchants, which will sell you powerful weapons and valuable items
- map also has random enemy appearances
- choose to fight or refuse
- option to toggle permadeath on and off
- permadeath means allies lost in battle are lost forever
- offers Casual Mode and Classic Mode for the permadeath option
- three difficulty settings, Normal, Hard and Lunatic
- over 40 classes
- ability to do a class change to a higher class once you've reached a certain level
- change views and skip forward during battle scenes

Info from here.

So will this only be release in Japan? Cause I really want this game....

EDIT: So far not, but I hope they change it. Sacred Stones is amazing. I plan on getting the wii and gamecube versions soon

I really enjoy the Fire Emblem series, so I'm hoping this does get an international release. I definitely want this.

If no international release, I will learn Japanese.

Because Fire Emblem is that awesome.

(either that or I get a free excuse to pester 22 : D)

If it isn't then Nintendo is making a bad decision. When I played Sacred Stones for the first time it reminded me of a game from my childhood called Yu Gi Oh Capsule Monsters. So, I pretty much fell in love with it right away.

Anybody play any other the other fire emblems besides Sacred Stones (On Wii, Gamecube or DS please)? If so, can you tell me which ones you got and which one is your favorite, cause I think I can only get one more as of this time, so I can't decide.

No crap there are too many Pokemon threads! :mad:

Also, it's about time! A new Fire Emblem! Although I must admit, I'm stillg etting used to the new desing scheme for this game. :-\

New Super Mario said:
If it isn't then Nintendo is making a bad decision. When I played Sacred Stones for the first time it reminded me of a game from my childhood called Yu Gi Oh Capsule Monsters. So, I pretty much fell in love with it right away.

Anybody play any other the other fire emblems besides Sacred Stones (On Wii, Gamecube or DS please)? If so, can you tell me which ones you got and which one is your favorite, cause I think I can only get one more as of this time, so I can't decide.

I've played all 5 international Fire Emblems. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is without a doubt my favorite (also my favorite video game of all time), but you'd have to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance first.

Red Barchetta said:
New Super Mario said:

I've played all 5 international Fire Emblems. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is without a doubt my favorite (also my favorite video game of all time), but you'd have to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance first.
Thanks, I will try to pick those up

I was just about to make a thread about this game and then I found this...

Anyways, I am so excited for this game! I will be very disappointed in NoA if this doesn't come out in the US. It's already coming out in Europe, so it'll already be in English and everything.

I used to joke about how the guy with the butterfly mask is Marth. Now it's just weird because I heard that it really is Marth.

May not be International, but I'm sure someone will translate it via emulation anyway.

Of course if enough banded together and demanded a translation, or international release, much like seen from xenoblade, it could happen.

Although I'd be really surprised if it wasn't released else where, but if I recall haven't some previous titles under gone the same thing?

Kinda weird as FE has really been a hit since FE7's International release.

The series doesn't seem to get many sales outside of Japan, as far as I know. The last FE was Japan-only, but this one is at least coming to Europe. If it's coming out in Europe, it should definitely show up here.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I used to joke about how the guy with the butterfly mask is Marth. Now it's just weird because I heard that it really is Marth.
Where?

Either way, if it IS Marth, does that mean this is a pseudo-sequel to Marth's series of games?

Fawfulfury65 said:
If you look up the game on Google there should be a lot of things about how he's going to be in the game. Apparently other characters from older games will be there too, such as Innes from FE8.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/13/marth-returns-for-3ds-fire-emblem/
Wait, INNES?! So wait, the Sacred Stones universe is going to be tied into this as well? Is this all part of the same planet, and each Fire Emblem game just takes place on a different continent?

Even though the "masked" character is supposedly confirmed to being Marth, I still have some doubts that it is really him (I still feel that it is rather someone supposedly impersonating him).

tumblr_m08mu9rwlJ1qf4ui0o1_500.png

If the character is indeed Marth, then Nintendo definitely worked on to making him seem more "feminine" looking this time around as a result of physical stature (including the rumours that "Marth" is having a voice actress in this game).

Propeller Toad said:
If the character is indeed Marth, then Nintendo definitely worked on to making him seem more "feminine" looking this time around as a result of physical stature (including the rumours that "Marth" is having a voice actress in this game).
Just when you thought Marth couldn't seem any gayer. :-\

'3K said:
I'm not sure if this is seeing an international release, but I hope it does.
PLEASE NINTENDO PLEASE

Seriously, though, they would make good money with an international or at least US release.

The didn't release the last Fire Emblem game in the US (or Europe, as far as I know), probably because it was a remake of the sequel to the first game, much like Shadow Dragon was a remake of said first game, and that remake didn't sell as well internationally... I think.

But this is NEW, and they've already seen that Fire Emblem has fans in the US and Europe, so why not?

Having FE8 as an ambassador game has also probably gotten a lot of people into Fire Emblem. Like me. So more people will want to buy it than before.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Having FE8 as an ambassador game has also probably gotten a lot of people into Fire Emblem. Like me. So more people will want to buy it than before.
Per. This got me crazy over Fire Emblem

Also Innes is in the game? Cool. But I would have rather seen someone like Seth or Erika.

I'm hoping to get this, if it gets an international release. So, any news on what the Nintendo Network stuff for this game does?

Fawfulfury65 said:
I hope Ike will be in it too! He's my favorite SSBB character.
That would blow my freaking mind... And it would make sense given the ending to Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Back