Fire Emblem: Awakening

I want that mousepad more than life itself.

Seto Kaiba said:
I want that mousepad more than life itself.
I'll give you the mousepad in exchange for your life

Cordelia said:
but I prefer Gaius tbh
hqdefault.jpg
Is there a picture like that for every unit?

Yeah. But Tharja's clothes don't look any different than they normally do.

Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to post my thoughts on the difficulty of the game, based off my last run. This was on Hard/Classic.

The first few chapters were quite difficult, since your units are weak for the most part. I especially had trouble with Chapter 2, since you start right out in the open surrounded with enemies, and Chapter 3, since the enemies could kill my units with low defense like Miriel and Robin easily.
After a while the game really seemed to be getting easier and easier, and by Chapter 10, Robin was already Lv. 20 somehow even though I wasn't really using her specifically. The Valm arc was when I really started to wonder "This is hard mode?", because I was cakewalking through all the chapters. I think the only chapters I had trouble with were the Mila tree battle (Counter caught me off guard), the first Walhart battle and the second one. But then right after the Valm arc ended, there was a huge difficulty spike. The chapter where you have to go through the castle, while Sorcerers with Mire repeatedly attack your units gave me a lot of trouble. Chapter 23 was really hard, however. Having all your units except two of my best starting surrounded with enemies wasn't fun. I was able to one-round Validar, even though he had Dragonskin. Chapter 24 was pretty easy, I just had most of my units stand on the forts to block reinforcements and killed off the boss. And then we have Chapter 25. This chapter felt the hardest to me. I had to make sure Chrom wasn't killed by the Dark Fliers and Miriel wasn't killed by the Generals. And the worst part? One of the times I failed the chapter was because Robin was one space away from being able to attack Aversa. Of course, on the enemy phase Miriel dies. When I restarted the chapter, I made sure I gave Robin the boots so that didn't happen again. I literally beat Grima in a single turn, though.

TLDR: The game is hard at the start, gets easier, gets even easier, and then suddenly huge difficulth spike

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Someone hacked in same-sex supports:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3xpf0o/hacking_new_support_conversations_into_awakening/

That's great, but what would the conversations be? Someone would have to hack in tons of new support conversations.

I wish there was a hack that changed Male Morgan to Female Morgan so I can still have best daughter as female Robin.

I believe they're adding in extra conversations for those supports.

Also yeah FMorgan with FRobin would be great.

Marcia said:
I wish there was a hack that changed Male Morgan to Female Morgan so I can still have best daughter as female Robin.
pls
fem!morgan is best morgan
favourite character from my first run by far

Santa said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS

Someone hacked in same-sex supports:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3xpf0o/hacking_new_support_conversations_into_awakening/
this is awesome

cmon nintendo step it up next game, fates only having two same-sex relationships TOTAL is hardly fair

i dunno, i always saw the "make everyone bi" thing as trading away realism/good writing in favor of player freedom

but i mean, i don't really know how much realism i'm looking for when i'm playing a series where people transform into dragons and children are routinely shat out of time holes

Javelin said:
i mean, it's not like every single character has to be bisexual
i didn't say that. it's just that having one relationship per avatar (one of which requires you to marry two other units first, the other is locked to a single game) is silly

i mean there's a character whose quirk is that she's attracted to girls and she even has a skill that deals with that, yet she can't actually marry another female character (this includes the character that the MU can marry) because ???

sure, i don't think that everyone should be able to marry everyone because the support system in FE doesn't work like that anyway, but a few more options for characters that can actually have same-sex relationships wouldn't be so much to ask if you're going to include that as a mechanic in the first place. like, why restrict it so much

i kinda feel like they should just make marriage unrestricted for the MU at the very least. i mean, clearly it's not actually that simple, there's going to be way more convos to write, plus "lol everyone is bi but only for this one specific person" if they care enough about explaining that

also if you're talking about the character i think you are then yeah that's hella dumb. even if she's bi with a heavy preference for women like the game apparently implies, the fact that she can't marry even the female MU is really ??? intsys writing at work i guess

GBAToad said:
Javelin said:
i mean, it's not like every single character has to be bisexual
i didn't say that. it's just that having one relationship per avatar (one of which requires you to marry two other units first, the other is locked to a single game) is silly
Ultron said:
i want a character that can have a relationship with every other character in the game

bigamy isn't too bad, is it?
oh, you guys want polyamory

i think that could also work for a few characters (like bisexuality) but i dunno, it would just seem weird to me if none of the potential partners would have a problem with it

Javelin said:
oh, you guys want polyamory
multiple relationships?

i can see where you got that from but that's not what i meant sorry. in that sentence i meant that there's literally only one character in each game you can have a same-sex relationship with, and to actually have that relationship you have to be a specific gender in each game, and in one case you need to marry two other units first. not to mention, like glitchy said they're both sadists so lol enjoy ur crazy husband/wife b/c that's all you can have

it's honestly ridiculous

more options and less tediousness would be nice. i wouldn't be opposed to turb's idea where literally everyone is corrinsexual but having multiple characters with defined sexualities that can pair up with each other would be better. (i.e. multiple bi characters, maybe even a fully homosexual character, etc.)

this is the company that can shit out character quirks for literally everything so i don't think they'd struggle with creating a character like that (i mean, fuck they already almost did with that character turb and i mentioned)

Back