Fire Emblem: Awakening

Ah yeah, the lack of variety kinda sucks.

But I guess as far as mages are concerned you're only missing... what, the troubadour branch, dark flyer, trickster, and tactician?

Don't think any of her other magic-based fathers have a big variety either, and Libra gives Noire a nice magic boost so I don't think he's the worst possible father.

Uzu Sanageyama said:
Don't think any of her other magic-based fathers have a big variety either, and Libra gives Noire a nice magic boost so I don't think he's the worst possible father.
Ricken has a little more variety, but IIRC his branch classes are all geared towards physical attackers.

ricken has terrible speed base and in a game where speed is extremely important, miriel outclasses him.
besides, cavalier on a mage, really?

Niime said:
ricken has terrible speed base and in a game where speed is extremely important, miriel outclasses him.
Yeah, pretty much this.

Ricken's one of the worst units in the game, IMO.

New Super Mario said:
Niime said:
Yeah, pretty much this.

Ricken's one of the worst units in the game, IMO.
I thought he was good at first, but that was only because he came with elwind. When I got all my other mage units el tomes, he fell behind.

i once used him, but he had like such bad speed and was getting doubled
maybe i was just rng screwed

lol, I basically use him for that one chapter with all the pegasus knights and that's it since beyond that I don't have room for him.

But anyway, for this playthrough I'm going to try and train Miriel up.

Ricken is okay although I found other mages to be much more useful.

Yoshidude99 said:
Ricken is one of the best units if you ask me.
how so?
i'm actually interested in how you consider him on the same level as the peg knights.

here's what it gave me
1 Gaius
2 Brady
3 Lissa
4 Walhart
5 Cordelia
6 Severa
7 Nowi
8 Noire
8 Nah
10 Gregor
11 Donnel
12 Lon'qu
13 Frederick
14 Cynthia
15 Morgan
16 Gerome
17 Lucina
17 Owain
19 Henry
20 Tiki
21 Tharja
22 Olivia
23 Maribelle
24 Inigo
25 Basilio
26 Sumia
27 Chrom
28 Vaike
28 Miriel
30 Yarne
31 Emmeryn
32 Cherche
33 Libra
34 Gangrel
35 Priam
36 Kellam
37 Panne
38 Anna
39 Ricken
40 Sully
40 Virion
40 Kjelle
40 Aversa
44 Yen'fey
45 Say'ri
45 Flavia
47 Stahl
48 Laurent
i mostly chose based on a mix between how good they were for me, and how much i like their personallities.

1 Owain
2 Lucina
2 Brady
2 Cynthia
2 Morgan
6 Panne
6 Cherche
8 Lon'qu
9 Severa
9 Gerome
11 Yen'fay
11 Aversa
13 Gregor
14 Gangrel
15 Inigo
16 Chrom
16 Lissa
16 Frederick
19 Libra
20 Cordelia
21 Walhart
22 Nah
23 Noire
24 Sully
25 Stahl
26 Kjelle
27 Henry
28 Tiki
28 Flavia
30 Yarne
31 Basilio
32 Tharja
33 Donnel
34 Vaike
35 Say'ri
36 Gaius
37 Maribelle
37 Laurent
39 Miriel
40 Emmeryn
40 Priam
42 Virion
43 Nowi
44 Olivia
45 Sumia
46 Anna
47 Kellam
47 Ricken

Poor Ricken. Eternal bench warmer.

1 Virion
2 Lon'qu
3 Tharja
4 Owain
5 Lucina
6 Nah
7 Sully
8 Chrom
9 Lissa
10 Stahl
11 Libra
12 Nowi
13 Cordelia
14 Noire
15 Inigo
16 Vaike
17 Henry
18 Kjelle
19 Panne
20 Cynthia
21 Yarne
22 Severa
23 Gerome
24 Miriel
25 Sumia
26 Kellam
27 Cherche
28 Morgan
29 Gaius
30 Olivia
31 Brady
32 Tiki
33 Basilio
34 Flavia
35 Emmeryn
36 Frederick
37 Anna
38 Maribelle
39 Ricken
40 Donnel
41 Laurent
42 Aversa
43 Walhart
44 Yen'fey
45 Gangrel
46 Say'ri
47 Priam
48 Gregor

I don't know if I've ever expressed my hatred for Gregor, but yeah.

I haven't used all of the units so some I just kind clicked based on personality and what I knew about them.

Virion is first though, obviously.

Based on how good the character was in battle (note I have not used all of them but most of once I didn't use were at the bottom):
1 Lon'qu
2 Chrom
3 Lucina
4 Tharja
5 Virion
6 Cherche
7 Morgan
8 Owain
9 Vaike
10 Cordelia
11 Cynthia
12 Sumia
12 Kellam
14 Miriel
15 Gaius
16 Sully
17 Lissa
18 Stahl
19 Henry
19 Tiki
21 Aversa
22 Walhart
23 Severa
24 Libra
25 Inigo
26 Donnel
27 Maribelle
27 Panne
29 Gregor
30 Kjelle
31 Ricken
32 Say'ri
33 Frederick
34 Olivia
35 Priam
36 Nah
37 Yarne
38 Gerome (I made the mistake of forgetting who he was, he should been much higher)
39 Nowi
40 Noire
41 Yen'fey
42 Laurent
43 Basilio
43 Flavia
45 Gangrel
46 Anna
47 Brady
48 Emmeryn
Based on how much I liked them as a character:
1 Lucina
2 Walhart
3 Lon'qu
4 Aversa
5 Gaius
6 Cordelia
7 Chrom
8 Gangrel
9 Tharja
10 Owain
11 Basilio
12 Sully
13 Flavia
14 Cynthia
15 Anna
16 Gerome
17 Lissa
18 Say'ri
19 Sumia
20 Vaike
21 Cherche
22 Nowi
23 Virion
24 Frederick
25 Miriel
26 Henry
27 Stahl
28 Donnel
29 Morgan
30 Panne
31 Ricken
32 Gregor
33 Kellam
34 Olivia
35 Maribelle
36 Libra
37 Severa
37 Yen'fey
39 Kjelle
40 Inigo
40 Brady
40 Yarne
40 Laurent
40 Noire
40 Nah
40 Priam
47 Emmeryn
48 Tiki

New Super Mario said:
I don't know if I've ever expressed my hatred for Gregor, but yeah.
Good grieving.

1. Tiki (manakete powers are AWESOME)
2. Henry (Best personality and humor in the game, hands down.)
3. Anna (Second-best personality and humor in the game. Her gimmick was actually funny.)
4. Frederick (His sarcasm is epic, and he's pretty awesome, although I really don't think he should be this high...)
5. Morgan (She's nice and cheerful, and the most powerful character in the game. Idk why she's this high though.)
5. Walhart (I AM INEXORABLE. ALSO AN AWESOME VILLAIN.)
7. Basilio (Don't you put any stock in this destiny hogwash. Is also Nick Fury.)
8. Cordelia (I liked her whole perfectionist personality thing, and how she had to recover from the deaths of her entire pegasi squadron. It's an interesting take on her character, and I really think it fit well with how I always reclassed her to a Mercenary. It's like she couldn't keep flying because it kept bringing back memories.)
9. Gerome (He's Batman. Also one of the kids who actually realizes that they need to save the world, and stays focused on that job. I also like his distaste for time travel.)
10. Lucina (Like Gerome, but without a dragon. Also not Batman.)
11. Nah (Again with the serious kids! I guess I like their character. Anyways, Nah is the anti-Nowi and that automatically makes her awesome.)
12. Cherche (You've got to respect a lady who manages to deal with Virion, run his house successfully, and also kill everyone in sight.)
13. Miriel (Her gimmick was also consistently funny! And she was always there to blast whoever was in my way to smithereens with Arcfire.)
14. Gregor (Gregor smash! His gimmick was funny, with the whole Russian accent. He would have been a lot higher except that I kept trying to use him like Gerik from FE8 and he just wasn't quite that awesome. Still, his personality was great. Like Heavy from TF2.)
15. Stahl (Stahl was always there to absorb damage for me, and he was just an all-around dependable guy. And his character reflected that, which was cool.)
16. Kjelle (Not the best kid, but not the worst. Kjelle's personality never really impressed me too much, but she was pretty cool, I guess.)
17. Chrom (Eh, he's likable enough and gets this unbelievably awesome sword. Manages to do a good job running the army.)
18. Lon'qu (Serious business guy who actually has a surprisingly deep backstory that explains his gimmick well. He wasn't the most impressive fighter but he was pretty cool.)
19. Sumia (Sumia was one of the best units in this game, and could take out anything short of knights and archers reliably. Her personality was okay, I guess, but she paired up well with Chrom and made a good queen. I thought.)
20. Gaius (While I dislike his gimmick, he's a good rogue character and I liked how he was pretty cool and collected most of the time. Except for his gimmick. Ugh.)

Characters I'm meh on:
21. Inigo
22. Noire
23. Brady
24. Aversa
25. Donnel
26. Flavia
27. Severa
28. Tharja
29. Sully
30. Owain
31. Panne
32. Olivia
33. Libra
34. Priam
35. Laurent (always following in his mother's footsteps...)
36. Lissa

Characters I dislike:
37. Virion (While he does have his "deeper" side, he's still incredibly vain. And annoying.)
38. Yarne (The man was yellow, he should have been tried for cowardice and shot! ~ Patton)
39. Cynthia (She's like Sumia crossed with Owain, minus Sumia's talent.)
40. Ricken (he's not the worst example, but he's still the annoying kid that follows you around everywhere.)
41. Maribelle (Words cannot describe my dislike for prim and proper characters.)
42. Say'ri (mostly forgettable character, unfortunately. I feel like she had a lot of potential that wasn't realized.)
43. Yen'fey (bleh, one of those spotpass characters who i wasn't interested in)
44. Emmeryn (same as above)
44. Gangrel (same as above)
46. Kellam (that gimmick is so, so stupid)
47. Vaike (annoying personality, and I never managed to use him well because HE ALWAYS MISSES)
48. Nowi (an insult to the race of manakete, and the most annoying character in the game.)

nowi is just creepy
she looks like she's 10 years old, yet wears revealing clothing
i'm aware she's like 1000 but it's just strange

Niime said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Ricken is one of the best units if you ask me.
how so?
i'm actually interested in how you consider him on the same level as the peg knights.
Well I never used any peg knights but I trained up my Ricken and he one of my most powerful units especially when paired with Henry.

Niime said:
nowi is just creepy
she looks like she's 10 years old, yet wears revealing clothing
i'm aware she's like 1000 but it's just strange

honestly she is without a doubt the worst character in the game.

about shit at everything really.

Which is why tiki is far superior.

I like her and used her a lot until near the end of the game when she began to be not very effective. I haven't got Tiki. Still can't do that chapter.

I really don't like Nah
I know everyone else disagrees with me, but I just hate the way she acts towards the other characters in the supports.

Phantom L said:
I really don't like Nah
I know everyone else disagrees with me, but I just hate the way she acts towards the other characters in the supports.

actually agreed

really boring character too

Back