Fire Emblem: Awakening

I think Nah's growth rate should fair well enough without aptitude (from my experience anyway), but it couldn't hurt to make her more beastly than she already is.

On an unrelated note, whenever Morgan says "Just as planned", my mind always translates it to "Justice plant".

And I missed my own birthday :'(

So I reclassed Gerome to a villager to get the Aptitude ability.

bwa ha ha

I also think I'm going to reclass Morgan until I get Tomebreaker, Bowbreaker, Swordbreaker, Axebreaker, and Lancebreaker. Which would make her invincible.

Mentlgen. I am up to chapter 9 and have done all 4 sidequests.
Some of my classes are approaching level 20,when I will promote them.
I know some have one option for promotion (e.g Tactitian to Grandmaster, Lord to Great Lord)
but two of my classes approaching level 20 have multiple options
So guys
which way do you reccoment taking Stahl and Sumia as they are nearing promotion time?

Stahl will be okay as either a Pally or GK from my experience, the Pally's speed'll help compensate for Stahl's meh speedgrowth a bit, plus you get a pretty good defensive skill for him (Aegis, I think, which has a chance to half the damage taken from tomes, bows and dragonstones.

GK'll make him similar to Frederick in a way, meh speed and poor res, but pretty good def and strength. The Luna skill (when activated ignores half of the enemies def or res) is a pretty worthwhile skill to have if you go GK.

Sumia should swing by Dark Flier at least until level 15, when she picks up Galeforce (gives you another turn if you killed an enemy.) I'd try to get that before chapter 13 if I were you, but it's gonna take a bit of grinding, and she'll be pretty overleveled.

Given that Stahl is tankier than Sully is, I'd make him a Great Knight. Dark Flier for Sumia.

ninja'd by crash

Thanks for that
I will probably take Stahl the Pally route as it will make him balanced and I don't really use Sully and I will take Sumia the Dark Flier route then.
As for reclasses, any reccomendations there, I have already made Cordelia a mercenary due to her poor magic skills.

If you use Gaius, have him do a myrmidon run. Nowi makes for a pretty good wyvern rider as well, I find.

'3Kraid said:
If you use Gaius, have him do a myrmidon run. Nowi makes for a pretty good wyvern rider as well, I find.
Gaius, I think I might have missed him...
Is he really decent or not?

I think Cordy would've been fine as a Falco knight. The class isn't very magic dependent in the first place, and won't (as far as I can tell) hinder any other aspects of that class. Still, she'll do alright as a Merc/Hero.

I don't think I've ever reclassed any of the characters you have this early in the game, so you should be okay.

I didn't do any reclassing during my first modern / normal mode playthrough and did just fine. Cordelia is fine as a falconknight imo, I don't rely on her for healing so.

So what are everyone's favourite S supports conversation wise? I'd like some ideas for who I'm gonna pair up next playthrough.

Can't say I really had any favorites (at least from recent memory) I don't remember most being that good, although I did get a chuckle out of Kellam/Nowi's short S conversation.

Oh yeah, that was a good one.

(This game has an odd fixation with desserts, considering both ChromxSumia and OwainxNoire end up proposing because of pies/cakes.)

I'm trying to decide between Sumia or Maribelle.

If I go with Maribelle, I could probably try making Morgan a tac/grandmaster or dark flier just for the tome/lance/sword combo.

Although with Sumia, Morg might be a good Swordmaster, and I do love a good Swordmaster.

Either way Morgan's defense is gonna be a little on the mediocre side as far as growth is concerned, and both Brady and Cynthia'll have access to better classes.

Any of Henry's supports.

Sumia x Henry is especially hilarious.

Next run through I need to do Tharja x Henry. Now that would be humor.

I married FeMU(Isabella) to Owain. father of the forever

My original intention was to have her marry Walhart so Morgan would get Conquest but I never really have Morgan be a mounted or armored unit. Unless it works with Wyvern Riders/Lords, then I dun goofed.

I also went with Henry/Tharja because lol. But I bet Noire will turn out to be one heck of a Sorcerer/Sage/whatever. also she'll will have one hell of a dysfunctional family

Also considering having a male avatar with +Luck marry Anna on a new file.

there are so many ways to play this game and i love it

Oh hey, I got this game about two days ago and I'm on Chapter 5.

Anyways, do you guys think Kellam, Miriel, Stahl, and Vaike are worth training? I've heard Miriel is meh and her son Laurent isn't all that great either.

I heard Frederick is good, but he gets so little EXP in battle that it's kind of useless to train him. I just pair him with Lissa so she doesn't get killed, so I guess he's more of a meat shield.

Kellam is still the best character in the game even if it turns out he is useless.

I DID CHAPTER 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now onto chapter 12...
Some of my classes are very near level 20, which is good, plus I have loads of money and seals.

Walhart said:
Electro Specter said:
I heard Frederick is good, but he gets so little EXP in battle that it's kind of useless to train him.
Second Seal him.

I stopped using him after Chapter 4 heh.

Anyways, in this run, here's my pairs:

MU x Panne
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Maribelle x Kellam
Virion x Sully (played it safe with this one)
Gregor x Nowi (played it safe with this one as well)
Libra x Lissa
Ricken x Tharja
Cherche x Stahl
Vaike x Miriel because I don't really use either of them so they're made for each other

Chrom ended up marrying Sumia because Sumia has shitty supports and doesn't want to support a relationship with other people.

I have no idea how any of their kids will turn out, so tell me if I goofed up. :-[

Also, I decided to make Lon'qu a Swordsmaster, Tharja a Sorceress, Kellam a Great Knight iirc, and MU a Grandmaster which is the only good class he should be in.

On my next run, I'll probably shake things up.

On another note, Chapter 10 is definitely the best Chapter in the game. Good music and a great boss.

I have done chapter 12, with a bit of grinding I upgraded Sumia to dark flier, Chrom to great lord, Avatar to grandmaster and Stahl to Paladin. I don't even known wtf the logic is behind some of my pairs :/

The logic behind a lot of my pairings is .....because.

For example, I went Panne/Gaius, just because. Or Virion/Maribelle because snooty rich people.

Gamefreak said:
Libra x Lissa
You'll more than likely come out with a more magical-based Owain, so you might wanna go with the mage/sage/dark knight/whatever route with him.

I'm doing Lissa and Libra :D
My married couples so far are ChromxSumia, LilyxStahl and CordeliaxFrederick. Virion and Panne have an A support as well

See, no logic!

Also, which way should I take Tharja as she is level 17

Phantom L said:
I'm doing Lissa and Libra :D
My married couples so far are ChromxSumia, LilyxStahl and CordeliaxFrederick. Virion and Panne have an A support as well

See, no logic!

Also, which way should I take Tharja as she is level 17
I think she's good either way, but for me she was a beast as a Dark Knight. (Plus helped her and Lon'qu's movement)

Back