Fire Emblem: Awakening

Marisa said:
DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME. IT WILL RUIN AN AWESOME MOMENT.
So I just beat Mount Prism. Basilio's re-appearance was quite possibly the greatest thing ever.

Spit in the face of destiny. THAT's what I'm talking about.

Yeah, that part was pretty awesome.

Maybe it's just me, but I personally don't like using spotpass/dlc characters, probably due to their lack of supports.

Beaten the game. Pretty awesome.
Grima makes Formortiis look like a LEGO minifigure or something. I kinda expected a more threatening and ominous voice though. I think they should have switched Grima's voice with Validar's.

Was I the only one who carefully ran down Grima's health at the end so I could finish it, only to then get that little choice box? Yeah. I should have just walked up and chopped him with Chrom/Sumia and Lucina/Gerome.
Anyways, I'm going on another playthrough now. I tried it on Hard mode, and it just wasn't fun anymore...

Hard mode adds more enemies to every level, they're all higher levels, and your weapons have less uses. As if that wasn't enough, they also increased the price of the Reeking Box to 5000 gold, so you can't actually grind to make the game sorta fun.

It's literally at the point where every single turn I had to sit there and map out every move carefully to make sure I wouldn't lose. It just wasn't fun anymore.

I don't even want to try Lunatic mode though. >_>

ooh ooh future of despair is finally here

except now it's called 'future past' but whatever

Up to chapter 9, very nearly did it then the boss guy got a crit at the last minuite which killed Tharja.

So in this playthrough, I'm training:

Chrom (obviously) - S support with Maribelle
Maribelle - she's a lot better than I thought she would be. Not the best at attacking, but she buffs Chrom's stats pretty well and she murders mages. S support with Chrom.
Avatar - I picked HP as my strength and Def as my flaw, which... wasn't a very good idea. I should have picked Luck as the flaw or something. Anyways, I'm okay I guess. Working on support with Anna.
Anna - since I didn't train Gaius this time, I needed a Lockpick unit. She's also pretty good at combat, and of course another heal unit. I have three this playthrough. It's awesome.
Kellam - blah blah you all know that he's awesome already. Working on support with Lissa.
Lissa - She's not that great, but she's pretty good. I don't know, she hasn't really stood out to me. Working on support with Kellam.
Ricken - Another person that I'm training this time. He gets Mag up pretty much every single level, but his flaw is that he rarely goes twice. As in he never goes twice. A bit hardier than Miriel though, which is nice. Working on support with Cordelia.
Cordelia - she's an okay Pegasus Knight, but with a terrible magic stat, training her into a Falcon Knight or Dark Flier would be pointless. So I always reclass her into a Mercenary asap, especially since I won't be using Gregor this playthrough. Working on support with Ricken.
Sumia - She's as awesome as ever. I don't have anyone to support her with this time though, which is a problem.
Lon'qu - This guy is awesome. I shouldn't have let him die last time I went through. I think he had something like a 70% crit chance at one point? Pretty epic. S support with Miriel.
Miriel - Miriel is amazing. Every single time she attacks it's just boom boom and they're dead. Also, I managed to pick up two Miciah's Pyres from the shiny spots, so I don't even have to worry about using one sparingly. Bwa ha ha. S support with Lon'qu.
Stahl - He's got a good amount of defense and attack, but kind of lacking on speed. Still an excellent unit. S support with Sully.
Sully - Another person I didn't train last time! Sully and Stahl are complete pros. I usually just pair them up and charge them way ahead of the main battle group, where they proceed to wreck every single person who dares oppose them. Sully also has more defense than Stahl in my file, which is strange. She doesn't have as much strength though so I still need them to be paired up for maximum awesomeness. S support with Stahl.

For supports, I usually try to pair my ranged units with my frontliners (Kellam/Lissa, Chrom/Maribelle, Lon'qu/Miriel, Cordelia/Ricken, Anna/Avatar). Which means I need to pair Sumia with a frontliner. However, since I already have five frontlines pairings I think I'm good so I'm probably just going to support her with Henry to get a flying/magic combo (plus Henry will boost her Def and Mag, while she'll boost his Speed and Res).

Phantom L said:
Also, I have a reclassing seal now: any recommendations on if there is anyone worth reclassing?
Often times I just reclass promoted level 20's back down, so if you got any of those do that.

If not, just use it on someone like a healer or something.

Played the demo and loved it. I can't wait to get the real game.

New Super Mario said:
Be sure to check my Shroom review on this game this Saturday!

It is saturday right. Give me a link to it when you have made the review.

My friend was showing me this game round at his house yesterday. I played the demo today and I think its very fun. I'll probably wait untill it goes down in price a bit though.

Yoshidude99 said:
My friend was showing me this game round at his house yesterday. I palyed the demo today and I think its very fun. I'll probably wait untill it goes down in price a bit though.
That's going to take a while. Trust me, this game is worth every penny.

Phantom L said:
Also, I have a reclassing seal now: any recommendations on if there is anyone worth reclassing?
Cordelia needs a reclass badly as her Magic stat is atrocious, which makes her a poor Dark Flier or Falcon Knight.

She makes a pretty good Mercenary though, I would suggest that.

I just played the demo on friday. I looks like a really cool game, might buy it later on. I'm still in the process of beating the sacred stones. I would like to finish that before I get this one.

Marisa said:
Phantom L said:
Cordelia needs a reclass badly as her Magic stat is atrocious, which makes her a poor Dark Flier or Falcon Knight.

I don't think she needs one that badly, even ignoring her magic stats she's still pretty good as a falco or d-flier.

It'd be another story if she was like, a dark mage or something.

Marisa said:
Phantom L said:

Ok, I could do that as she is currently higher than level 10 iirc

I would like to share with you guys my completely insane Brady.

*ahem*

Dread Fighter, Level 30
Fathered by Donnel

Skillset is currently: Armsthrift, Magic +2, Tomefaire, Resistance +10, and Aggressor
Str 41
Mag 40 (+12)
Skill 41
Spd 41
Lck 52
Def 38
Res 45 (+10)

Atk 70
Hit 172
Crit 30
Avo 87

Overall 320

The best part? Since his Luck stat is over 50, Armsthrift will always activate and his weapons will never break! So I've outfitted him with: Valflame, Mjolnir, Forseti, Helswath, and Ragnell.

so rad

'3Kraid said:
I would like to share with you guys my completely insane Brady.

*ahem*

Dread Fighter, Level 30
Fathered by Donnel

Skillset is currently: Armsthrift, Magic +2, Tomefaire, Resistance +10, and Aggressor
Str 41
Mag 40 (+12)
Skill 41
Spd 41
Lck 52
Def 38
Res 45 (+10)

Atk 70
Hit 172
Crit 30
Avo 87

Overall 320

The best part? Since his Luck stat is over 50, Armsthrift will always activate and his weapons will never break! So I've outfitted him with: Valflame, Mjolnir, Forseti, Helswath, and Ragnell.

so rad
That's really good.

I'm actually having Donnel father Nah, so hopefully my Nah will turn out so beast.

Back