Super Mario Galaxy

Uh, guys?

In the past year alone, Bowser's been the main villain of THREE platformers- New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, and Yoshi's Island DS. I don't think he's being "pushed aside" at all.

I guess you're right but Bowser isn't acting like the scary main villian in the RPGs(except Paper Mario),he seems to be a comedy villian rather than a scary villian. I still like him though.

Even if he's not usually the main villain of the RPGs, he's almost always been the main villain of the platformers, the genre Mario was founded on. I don't think we have to worry about Bowser losing his thunder any time soon.

Yeah, Bowser pretty much dominates the platformers/adventures, although Count Bleck's appearance in the most recent one may lead to other villains...

Bowser in RPGs either is found teaming up with Mario, as a playable character, or getting possessed by female villians (Mario and Luigi series)

Shemale Bowser.... cool the first time, annoying the next.

shabam15 said:
Bowser in RPGs either is found teaming up with Mario, as a playable character, or getting possessed by female villians (Mario and Luigi series)

Bowser wasn't "possessed" in Partners in Time, you know.

The Shroob Princess powered him up and all, but he was still fully in control of his actions, unlike Bowletta.

And again, he was the main villain of Paper Mario.

And let's not forget that he was a sub-villain in Paper Mario 2, regardless of his additional playable appearances. His battle was one of my favorite parts of the game... along with the other two battles and... well, every part of the game except the Pit of 100 Trials.

Sir Grodus said:
Yeah, Bowser pretty much dominates the platformers/adventures, although Count Bleck's appearance in the most recent one may lead to other villains...

Doubtful. Tatanga and Wario were platformer villains. And even Donkey Kong had two recent platform spots as Mario's antagonist(Though the sequel was far more puzzle-based). Regardless of a few other villains, Bowser's still the villain more often than anyone else, and that probably won't ever change. I think.

ChrisAlassal said:
shabam15 said:

Bowser wasn't "possessed" in Partners in Time, you know.

The Shroob Princess powered him up and all, but he was still fully in control of his actions, unlike Bowletta.

And again, he was the main villain of Paper Mario.

Oh... that whole "Shrpwser" thing tricked me...

I would welcome some kind of villain alliance, Bowser Dk Wario FTW.

Paper Jorge said:
I think that the final boss in Super Mario Galaxy will be Tatanga from Super Mario Land!

Who do you will be the final boss in the game?

That'd b awesome

Cackletta, Fawful, or Bowser (maybe some new huge psyhco baddy)

ChrisAlassal said:
Sir Grodus said:

Doubtful. Tatanga and Wario were platformer villains. And even Donkey Kong had two recent platform spots as Mario's antagonist(Though the sequel was far more puzzle-based). Regardless of a few other villains, Bowser's still the villain more often than anyone else, and that probably won't ever change. I think.

You left Wart off the list of the other platformer villians

Back