Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
meh

A thought occurred to me today

The Red Lotus first tried to kidnap Korra when she was a little kid - their plan to kill her using slow, painful poison just got 20% more unsettling.

Walkazo said:
A thought occurred to me today

The Red Lotus first tried to kidnap Korra when she was a little kid - their plan to kill her using slow, painful poison just got 20% more unsettling.

It would have been a lot easier when she was a kid. She probably couldn't control the Avatar state as well.

It's still incredibly creepy, though.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/44744-top-11-worst-avatar-episodes

HOLY FUCK

dante basco (the voice actor for zuko) is having a cameo in the next episode of nostaligia critic

I love Dante Basco, and how engaged and enthused he is about the stuff he's been a part of and the communities that formed around the stuff. He's just such a nice, cool dude.

ah yes the three year gap, the perfect way to get korra out of that wheelchair

Nabber said:

ah yes, nabber finding things to complain about

seriously why do you even stick around if all you're going to do is bitch about how much you hate this show

I gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed that Book 4's going to be a 3-year Time Skip after Book 3

I thought the teardrop that we saw of Korra at the end of Book 3 was going to mean the beginning of Book 4 was going to deal with Korra recovering from what seems to have been a very traumatic situation for her. Having something that covers trauma and/or depression might of been very mature of this show to do.

I'll still be seeing how this goes. Just feels like a missed opportunity.

Contra(dictory) said:
Nabber said:

ah yes, nabber finding things to complain about

seriously why do you even stick around if all you're going to do is bitch about how much you hate this show
it was really less of a complaint and more of an observation. i never really cared too much about korra being in a wheelchair, but the fandom seemed really excited at the revelation, so i thought people would be rather upset that they did away with it so quickly and easily

i watch the show because it is, unfortunately, avatar canon, and because i held hope that each season would be better. at this point, i'm not really sure i will watch season 4, and even if i do, i'll probably just stop posting in here anyway unless there's something really big that actually happens

and also, it's fun to be frustrated at this show. this is the only show besides gravity falls that i watch, so it gives me something to look forward to each week

Northern Verve said:
I gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed that Book 4's going to be a 3-year Time Skip after Book 3

I thought the teardrop that we saw of Korra at the end of Book 3 was going to mean the beginning of Book 4 was going to deal with Korra recovering from what seems to have been a very traumatic situation for her. Having something that covers trauma and/or depression might of been very mature of this show to do.

A very brief scene was posted earlier on the Nick site that had Korra having a nightmare about the fight with Zaheer. It also looks like she's going to the swamp, and we all know what our heroes of encountered there back in Last Airbender. I think we may see some PTSD from her.

Northern Verve said:

Yeah, that's my feelings about it too.

But yeah, I'm sure they won't handwave it completely - Avatar Korra with long hair does seem to pop up a lot in the commercial despite Korra cutting her hair and wearing new clothes, and whatnot, so the haunted-by-the-past theory sounds pretty solid to me.

Anyway, the trailer certainly does a good job of keeping it really unclear what the hell's going on, while at the same time giving lots of teasing glimpses of badass shit going down. This is a good thing.

Earth Bending is OP's. You can bend earth, metal, and now lava? There should be a new element of bending. Plant Bending. Which is a result of children who have an earth bender mom, and water bender dad.

DaKid said:
Earth Bending is OP's. You can bend earth, metal, and now lava? There should be a new element of bending. Plant Bending. Which is a result of children who have an earth bender mom, and water bender dad.
Plant Bending already exists as a subset of water bending. Water benders can bend the water in the plants similar to bloodbending.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
Plant Bending already exists as a subset of water bending. Water benders can bend the water in the plants similar to bloodbending.
He's right. Besides. Toph can bend mud because it's actually water and EARTH. So it only makes sense that Earth benders can bend lava which is basically just super heated rock...and metal which is apparently purified Earth...and crystals....yeah.

simple:

earth bending = bends everything that is in earth

metal is made of iron and iron is an ore that is underground

so.

Back