Avatar: The Last Airbender + Legend of Korra

If you could choose what kind of Bender you'd be. What element would you choose?

• Waterbender

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Earthbender

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Firebender

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Airbender

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Non-Bender

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
True, but how the hell do you make lava? Well I guess it makes as much sense as how Water benders can freeze water..

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:
Earth Bending is OP's. You can bend earth, metal, and now lava? There should be a new element of bending. Plant Bending. Which is a result of children who have an earth bender mom, and water bender dad.
Plant Bending already exists as a subset of water bending. Water benders can bend the water in the plants similar to bloodbending.

Yes, but what I mean is the ability to grow plants and use them as weapons. Like grass, trees, etc. Water Bending plants isn't really useful. Sure you can bend some vines but I imagine it'd be hard to bend a tree. Plant benders should be able to carry seeds if they're not where plants grow and bend the seeds to grow and use them to fight.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
simple:

earth bending = bends everything that is in earth

metal is made of iron and iron is an ore that is underground

so.

Ok... so how the hell did Toph bend a meteorite?

Ok, so episode 1 is up. It's been three years since the end of Book 2. Kuvira (aka that person voiced by Zelda Williams) is "the great uniter" (offering protection in exchange for loyalty) and a damn good metalbender, Mako's serving as bodyguard to the future Earth King, Bolin's working with Kuvira, and Korra is no longer wheelchair-bound, though she isn't the picture of perfect health. Meelo has hair, so he looks like TLA Book 3 Aang, and I guess flight suits are a staple of Air Nation mobility now.

this wu guy is creepy and annoying and i really hope he serves more of a purpose than just comic relief

"the great uniter" and everything makes me think of the civil war reconstruction though i'm not really sure why

i don't get how bo lin and opal are still dating after three years

the ending was nice. it's good to see that korra is still weak after what happened three years ago

also, asami really needs to find a new market. hasn't republic city treated her like shit before? why is she giving them a whole new train system. i guess it's a pretty good opportunity, but still.

also, "avatar korra park". why are they giving this to her now? like, republic city certainly didn't care about her when she saved the whole world from literally being destroyed, but when she managed to prevent the avatar from being destroyed they're groveling at her feet?

kuvira is not calling for genocide

i guess politically, maybe. i don't really know that much about world war ii itself

Interesting first episode. Looking forward for more.

Nabber said:
also, "avatar korra park". why are they giving this to her now? like, republic city certainly didn't care about her when she saved the whole world from literally being destroyed, but when she managed to prevent the avatar from being destroyed they're groveling at her feet?
Political schmoozing by the president, probably.

A certain city is not yet under Kuvira's control.

CwcAkL5.jpg

She's gonna have to head there to reclaim it. Please have an episode about Omashu.

omg YES! That would be awesome! And the swamp's in the free zone too, whoo boy! In fact, a lot of places the Gaang went to too like holdouts. Even the Great Divide, y the looks of it, although they probably wouldn't revisit that one even if they had a full season to full with Earth Kingdom Conquering.

Walkazo said:
omg YES! That would be awesome! And the swamp's in the free zone too, whoo boy! In fact, a lot of places the Gaang went to too like holdouts. Even the Great Divide, y the looks of it, although they probably wouldn't revisit that one even if they had a full season to full with Earth Kingdom Conquering.
Soldier: Kuvira. Our next location to reclaim is the Great Divide.

Kuvira: Eh, I'll just skip it.

Ooh, this is an interesting start. So the Earth Kingdom is in chaos, and Kuvira is reclaiming it through military power. I guess she's the villain. Having a new Earth King after all these years of chaos is NOT going to go well. I don't know why they're even trying.

So, did Korra have PTSD or something? It's hard to tell. But the fact she isn't god-mode Avatar anymore means there will be more legitimate threats that she can't solve easily.

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony, and the United Republic of Nations served as a symbol of that harmony. Then, everything changed when the Earth Kingdom attacked.

I really want to see more of Kai and Jinora, I just find both of them adorable, I wouldn't mind seeing a series staring them. Kai reminds me of a badboy-goodboy version of Aang.

So apparently they showed episode 2 at a comic con already
and now I am just going to leave this gif here which I have seen on tumblr:
tumblr_nd7677g80g1r3rdh2o1_r1_500.gif

Latest episode is up and I just watched it.

That was really, really good. I loved seeing Korra struggle with her own demons. Even after three years she still hasn't fully recovered from the fight with Zaheer. The scenes with her and Katara were great. Also loved the guy who had a picture of Aang doing that little air trick. Hilarious callback to The Last Airbender. And of course MOTHERFUCKING TOPH!

Oh, and the Korrasami is strong with this episode. All of my yes.

I like how in Mako's letter, giving Korra the weather forecast is considered joking around.

Ryou Bakura said:
So apparently they showed episode 2 at a comic con already
and now I am just going to leave this gif here which I have seen on tumblr:
tumblr_nd7677g80g1r3rdh2o1_r1_500.gif
toph confirmed for GILF

wow, that was actually a pretty good episode

art direction is always good but it was particularly strong in this episode

"wiggle big toe". what is this, kill bill?

Great episode. You could tell it was Toph from the first line: she has the same twist to her voice, and it made me grin so hard - definitely the best job they've done at making the elder version match the younger one (although Zuzu's same adorkable one-wide-eye facial expression from last season was pretty good too). Glad to see they didn't sugar-coat Korra's physical and mental handicaps - although I'm calling it now: creepy demon Korra is totally her avatar spirit, and she probably has to overcome her fears of mortality and stuff to become whole again, or something.

Lovin' the Korrasami vibes too - I was worried that they'd dropped it when Asami had been in Republic City all that time instead of continuing to help Korra, but looks like they're still keeping it in play. But they're doing it in a way that it can also be interpreted a a platonic girl friendship, which is also nice to see. In fact, I always feel a bit torn because I like them as platonic buddies.... but I'm also a huge Korrasami person too, and that's one cake you can't have both ways - unless they keep it ambiguous and make it Schrodinger's cake, like it is currently, which I am totally down with, personally.

This episode was awesome! I loved every bit about it, and seeing Toph was awesome. She really did sound the same.

Did anyone notice the evil Korra didn't use airbending? I'm guessing it's because she somehow represents old Korra - before Season 1, when she didn't know airbending.

Also, loved the callback to the first episode with the fight with the White Lotus people.

Back