Mario & Luigi Fourth Installment Ideas

How would you like the fourth Mario & Luigi installment to act like?

• Keep sprites and stay on handhelds

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Gain 3D graphics, but stay on handhelds

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Keep sprites, but go on consoles

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Gain 3D graphics and become playable on consoles

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Buster Baxter said:
I like how he's a pig-armadillo hybrid. How many armadillos do you see in cartoons and video games? Besides, it's possible that he's still alive or could come back to life. In Superstar Saga, Fawful seemingly dies since he got thrown out of Bowser's Castle while it was floating in the air and we see an explosion cloud and he shows up as a ghost during the battle with Cackletta's soul, yet he returned in Partners In Time with no explanation for his death in Superstar Saga. So Midbus coming back wouldn't really be a WTF moment at all.

I do support the Shroobs coming back though. But I want them to be more like this.

Also, Shroobified clones of Mario and Luigi as bosses please.

I like that! I'd like to see the Shroobs being able to release a virus that mutates people into a shroobified version of themselves. And a shroob Mario and Luigi is just genius. In fact, I'd like to see them get infected by that virus and have to find a cure as one of the story points.

That virus should be lysogenic for once. Every time there is a story about a virus, it's always the lytic one.

But it's kinda anti-climatic compared to lytic viruses, though.

Baby Luigi said:
That virus should be lysogenic for once. Every time there is a story about a virus, it's always the lytic one.

I honestly think it'd be hilarious if everybody could get infected except Luigi due to having some special blood type or missing some common gene compared to the other Mushroom citizens.

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
I like that! I'd like to see the Shroobs being able to release a virus that mutates people into a shroobified version of themselves.
Didn't they already turn people into Shroobshrooms...?
GigaKoloktos said:
Great, and how will they get cured? The only doctors(unless I'm missing something) are Dr. Toadley and her intern. Luigi is not one of them.
Luigi cured Mario in Superstar Saga.

Baby Luigi said:

I honestly think it'd be hilarious if everybody could get infected except Luigi due to having some special blood type or missing some common gene compared to the other Mushroom citizens.

I know a reason. Luigi got infected with the same strain before, that's why he's resistant to it.

GigaKoloktos said:
Great, and how will they get cured? The only doctors(unless I'm missing something) are Dr. Toadley and her intern. Luigi is not one of them.
Just have Dr. Toadley extract whatever's special in Luigi with some humorous needle hot scene nd he creates a vaccine that is able to cure all of the infected residents and give uninfected citizens resistance to the virus.
Dr. Javelin said:
I like that! I'd like to see the Shroobs being able to release a virus that mutates people into a shroobified version of themselves.
Didn't they already turn people into Shroobshrooms...?
GigaKoloktos said:

Luigi cured Mario in Superstar Saga.
[/quote]No, were talking about evil and mind-controlled versions with shroob qualities, not some purple mushrooms.

He's gotta a point though. There are Tashroobas, Shroobsworthes, Yoob, Shroob Rexes, etc.

Baby Luigi said:
He's gotta a point though. There are Tashroobas, Shroobsworthes, Yoob, Shroob Rexes, etc.
I honestly think that those were species native to the Shroob home planet instead of infected species. It's like how the Shroobs mirrored Toads, so it wouldn't be awkward to suggest there are other Shroob races which do the same with other Mario species.

Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi said:

I know a reason. Luigi got infected with the same strain before, that's why he's resistant to it.

Oh, that reminds me, watch this video. (Skip to 15:16) Notice how even though Leonardo and Michelangelo have been posessed (evidenced by the red eyes), they're still able to fight back since they were already mutated before.

Also, an scenario where Mario turns evil like this.

Buster Baxter said:
Baby Luigi said:
Baby Luigi said:

Oh, that reminds me, watch this video. (Skip to 15:16) Notice how even though Leonardo and Michelangelo have been posessed (evidenced by the red eyes), they're still able to fight back since they were already mutated before.

Also, an scenario where Mario turns evil like this.

That'd be fine too! Have Luigi make contact with some Shroob extract in some point in the game (it's not enough to transform him, but enough for his body to analyze it and grow resistance towards the substance when he makes contact again) and we've got our unlikely scaredy cat hero with immunity to the Shroob's one tactic!

Yeah, but a. a virus was used last game, so that idea is tired, and b. Luigi already went on his own in Superstar Saga, it wouldn't be new or anything.

You all want to see Shroobs.

God, nobody cares about Popple. I love the Shroobs, but personally, I think Popple is better.

Tomba said:
Belongs in Marioverse.
I put it in Marioverse and everybody complained that it had to be put here.
Dr. Javelin said:
Yeah, but a. a virus was used last game, so that idea is tired, and b. Luigi already went on his own in Superstar Saga, it wouldn't be new or anything.
Sure, an ide abetting used once is TOTALLY tired. Especially when this version provides different results and is actually scary. A for B, what are you talking about. Luigi still hands around with Mario all of the time and in every Mario & luigi game, there's a point where he has to be alone.

I don't care if it changes art style or console.

IT SHOULD HAVE MR. L IN IT.

that guy is cooler.

Rainbow Dash said:
I don't care if it changes art style or console.

IT SHOULD HAVE MR. L IN IT.

that guy is cooler.
I'm afraid that's Paper Mario. Were talking about the Mario & Luigi series.
at least if luigi uses it as a outfit.

Tomba said:
Belongs in Marioverse.
I put it in Marioverse and everybody complained that it had to be put here.

They're wrong then. This thread definitely belongs in the Marioverse

And I wouldn't mind if Luigi uses his Mr. L costume as an alternate outfit.

Next Mario and Luigi should have a scenario where Mario is solo. Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story had solo Luigi. The only time Mario's ever been solo was during the tutorial boss battles.

Buster Baxter said:
Next Mario and Luigi should have a scenario where Mario is solo. Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story had solo Luigi. The only time Mario's ever been solo was during the tutorial boss battles.
I can definitely agree with that. I think it'd be one of those joke scenarios where Luigi gets himself into trouble and gets trapped or kidnapped leaving his big bro to clean up his mess.

Buster Baxter said:

Not exactly. He has been solo in Superstar Saga where Luigi was in barrel form and taken away in HooHoo Hooniversity

It should have a part like in Superstar Saga where Luigi disuiguised himself as Peach and got to explore the Koopacruiser. That was one of my favourite parts of Superstar Saga.

Baby Luigi said:
Buster Baxter said:

Not exactly. He has been solo in Superstar Saga where Luigi was in barrel form and taken away in HooHoo Hooniversity

True, but Luigi had more solo parts in Superstar Saga.

1. Getting the Chuckolacola back to Queen Bean.
2. Finding a cure for Mario's Bean Fever.
3. Fighting that Piranha monster that ate Prince Peasley.

Other than the Hooniversity, Mario's only solo during times when the Bros. have to split up and that's not exactly solo since the player can still switch between them.

I think Popple the new villain should cause an explosion at Peach's Castle and send everybody flying. Mario then progresses through a woods by himself and later he reunites with Luigi, after a few bosses.

And to avoid Luigi getting underleveled, Luigi could join the party and automatically be set to the same level Mario is at that point.

Back