Minor Irritants (aka first-world problems)

SiFi said:
Today I looked in the mirror and realized that I was too attractive.

Oh, man. That sucks. That happened to me once. I was forced to slash myself with a razor to make myself less attractive, but then I ended up more attractive because chicks dig scars. It's really a frustrating problem and it's good to know I'm not alone.

Nosferatu Man said:
Mathew757 said:
Bronies annoy me a bit.

Reason: http://mlp-is-crap.deviantart.com/

That is all.

I've just come from posting in a thread in which I attacked bronies for being obnoxious, so please know I'm not being biased here: Fuck you. Militant anti-bronies are every bit as stupid and useless to humanity as the fanatics who won't shut up about how My Little Pony is the greatest thing ever in the history of everything ever everywhere.

I'd just like to say. Thank you SvS

Nosferatu Man said:
Mathew757 said:
Bronies annoy me a bit.

That is all.

I've just come from posting in a thread in which I attacked bronies for being obnoxious, so please know I'm not being biased here: Fuck you. Militant anti-bronies are every bit as stupid and useless to humanity as the fanatics who won't shut up about how My Little Pony is the greatest thing ever in the history of everything ever everywhere.

This is a great post.

Northern Verve said:
I'd just like to say. Thank you SvS

You're welcome. ;)

Smasher said:
Nosferatu Man said:
Mathew757 said:
Bronies annoy me a bit.

That is all.

This is a great post.

Thank you. :)

Uniju said:
Second image in their gallery implies dubstep isn't already complete shit. Opinion disregarded.
I'm glad dubstep exists, because I find it fucking hilarious even though it sounds horrible. It's somewhere around the same level as awful midi renditions of good songs that originate from ancient webpages.

I never really liked dubstep much. And the fact my friends endlessly saying it is the best thng ever, along side cod and battlefield annoys me a bit. They're like a band of biased morons. Except for one of them, who says that your allowed to like what you want, but the other two will try to get what they like into our head with a drill and will say everything you like is gay. Really, they use gay as another word for stupid. Which is pretty stupid.

Oh yeah, it's also a first world problem. Serious shit.

Becky said:
Uniju said:
Second image in their gallery implies dubstep isn't already complete shit. Opinion disregarded.
I'm glad dubstep exists, because I find it fucking hilarious even though it sounds horrible. It's somewhere around the same level as awful midi renditions of good songs that originate from ancient webpages.

Dubstep is my guilty pleasure. I would never admit to liking any of it if you knew me IRL.

I hate that some people are graphics whores, always saying Call of Duty is the best.

Somewhat unrelated, I saw a magazine with an article titled "The 100 Greatest Games of All Time". I opened up to the last page, and what did I see? Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, and Portal. Don't get me wrong, those are excellent games, but what about some more revolutionary games?

Some good choices:
Pac-Man
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat
Halo: Combat Evolved
Other games that changed games forever (in a good way)

Evil Magikrazy said:
I hate that some people are graphics whores, always saying Call of Duty is the best.

Somewhat unrelated, I saw a magazine with an article titled "The 100 Greatest Games of All Time". I opened up to the last page, and what did I see? Team Fortress 2, Skyrim, and Portal. Don't get me wrong, those are excellent games, but what about some more revolutionary games?

Some good choices:
Pac-Man
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat
Halo: Combat Evolved
Other games that changed games forever (in a good way)

I think they're talking in terms of modern-day playability, not "good for its day."

Evil Magikrazy said:
>implying Portal isn't one of the most revolutionary games ever made, and that Mortal Kombat and Halo are anything special at all.
Regthreeds.png

Um

why exactly is Halo bad and all

Halo was a pretty good game, and still stands out against the looming CoD franchise as an actually unique and a good shooter, in my opinion.

Dr. Javelin said:
Um

why exactly is Halo bad and all

Halo was a pretty good game, and still stands out against the looming CoD franchise as an actually unique and a good shooter, in my opinion.

You're speaking as if the phrase "unique shooter" weren't oxymoronic (sure, your targets and weapons change, but there's not much else between installments and across franchises).

It's just that Halo was a unique game when it came out, that's all I'm saying.

Which makes it memorable in my book.

Halo has a bland same-y single-player campaign and the multiplayer is massively outclassed by Serious Sam-type shooters.

Well, the first game in the series always seemed to me like a fresh start in the world of FPS, and then it dove back underneath the surface of average FPS games.

But eh, not worth arguing.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
>implying Portal isn't one of the most revolutionary games ever made, and that Mortal Kombat and Halo are anything special at all.
Regthreeds.png
People who don't understand >. The worst is when you see it inside quotation marks or BBCode quote tags.
Also Portal is wicked fun but what did it actually revolutionize? Being neat and relatively original doesn't make something revolutionary.

Uniju said:
Also Portal is wicked fun but what did it actually revolutionize? Being neat and relatively original doesn't make something revolutionary.
Portal pretty much set a new standard for puzzle games, as well as narrative and humour in video games.

Dr. Javelin said:
Well, the first game in the series always seemed to me like a fresh start in the world of FPS, and then it dove back underneath the surface of average FPS games.
A fresh start that was kind of shit and set a really, really bad standard for most modern shooters.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Regthreeds.png
I'm not saying that Portal isn't a good game, I'm just saying that No.1 is a bit too high even for a great game like Portal (the entire top ten consisted of newer games).

About Halo, the game is what made first person shooters on the console a thing! In other words, this is the game every first person shooter strives to be (later, Bungie themselves made an even better sequel).

I think you missed the point. Just because all modern shooters strive to live up to it doesn't mean it was actually a good standard to begin with. The point is that while Halo did set a new standard, that standard really sucked.

No, I think I only just invalidated your point, that's all.

Evil Magikrazy said:
Okay, I just wanted to be sure before I start yelling at you for hating GoldenEye.

...But GoldenEye came out before Halo and therefore cannot be judged according to the latter's crappy standard.

Back