Minor Irritants (aka first-world problems)

Michell said:
annoyed
alcohol is fine in moderation, but minors should only be allowed if their parents allow it, and even then only a sip
by the same logic you could say that adults should only be allowed alcohol in moderation
Michell said:
and smoked drugs I don't approve of because the user is not the only victim, second hand smoke kills, whether its from weed or tobacco

i, uh

i'm not sure how to respond to this
Michell said:
illegal drugs go towards funding organized crime, which would continue if it was legal, because the black market would still be cheaper
no, you don't understand. that wouldn't BE a crime anymore, because it would all be legal.

also why would someone buy illegally when they can legally buy the same product elsewhere

weed is marijuana yes? I don't know much in regards to street names for drugs

and why wouldn't people still buy it illegally, people buy illegal tobacco

I really hate going to a Vocaloid cover or video on YouTube, and it's a really good video, yet the comments are always spammed with arguments, most commonly the genders of certain characters (Piko, Ritsu, etc.), or arguments on whether Rin & Len are related or not.

And the latter is literally found on nearly every. single. fucking. video that even just has ONE of the Kagamines, and even on videos that don't feature either of them. I'm NOT exaggerating or joking at all, and it drives me nuts.

I really wish I could tell those people to shut the fuck up about it, and to stop watching those videos if they don't like Rin x Len, but the way I want to put it would get me in trouble.

But seriously. I'd disable showing comments by default, but I think you can only do that on the website, not the app.

If I finally get a video uploaded to YouTube, I'm turning comments completely off. It's a simple solution. If people won't shut up about that stuff in comments, don't even let them comment.

Either way, it really pisses me off.

Rin Kagamine said:
It's a simple solution.

You know what else is a simple solution? Not reading the comments

If it's so bad that it happens on every video, don't go to the comments. Because it'll just be the crap you don't like. The only way to stop it from happening is to just not do it.

I don't even intentionally go to the comments. They show up automatically and it's kind of hard not to see them.

For the "simple solution" thing, I was talking about disabling them on my videos, and that's completely different.

on my app it doesn't even let me see comments
although thats the poorly made nintendo version app

on my pc I have them blocked, I think you can block them on the app too, but I'm not sure how

Well, I think I probably solved that problem.

Okay, now, this one person who nobody (meaning my friends and I) even know, is threatening to flag us just because of things like roleplaying, and making open calls for those anime interview type things that aren't "songs", etc. AND she's calling us little kids repeatedly, and in the way s/he is saying it, it's actually pretty offensive considering we're all 12-13 and older.

Hahaha. No.

Even if she does flag us for stuff like that, Smule isn't going to do anything about it because we're not breaking any rules. There are 4 main rules, which are,

Smule Community Guidelines said:
You may be permanently banned from the Service if You do any of the following:
Attack or demean individuals or groups,
Engage in predatory behavior, stalking, harassment, or intimidation,
Engage in offensive speech,
Engage in bullying.
And in another part of it it said you can't post any inappropriate/mature content

We're not doing anything to break those rules, but s/he is, since s/he has been harrassing us about it all day.

I finally got sick of it and sent a Smule user abuse report.

Probably the latter.

Also, that person's profile picture is a creepy-as-hell pic of Big Bird from Sesame Street. Talk about weird...

I don't know where else to put this (I don't want to make a thread just for it), but I wanted to say something.

I think, even when giving criticism, you should still at least "think before you post". When talking to people online, you don't know that person, so something you say could still hurt them, even if it normally wouldn't hurt other people.

In my case, it is extremely hard for me to forget things, and once I have a memory of something, good or bad, it stays there, even if it goes to the back of my brain, and because of that, certain things can bring back traumatic memories.

And a lot of the times, the stuff that "offends me" isn't for no reason, because a lot of that stuff does bring back those traumatic memories.

I'm mainly talking about in general, but this post:
laytNsY.jpg

Is a really good example.

And, yes, I know people get flashbacks and stuff sometimes, but for me, it's a lot worse because my "flashbacks" are a lot more vivid, and it happens a lot more often. It causes me to freak out a lot of the time.

So that stuff that some of you say "offends me" isn't an overreaction for no reason, and I really wish you guys would at lease try to consider that.

Got it, will do. What he says can apply to everyone to be honest. I will look back on posts like this in two years time and cringe. People can and will change a lot in a year or two.

Also I'd love to know where that was from.. for uh entertainment research purposes.

Crackin355 said:
Got it, will do. What he says can apply to everyone to be honest. I will look back on posts like this in two years time and cringe. People can and will change a lot in a year or two.
yeah, exactly. i can look back on my current posts two years from now and cringe. part of life is understanding that you aren't perfect, and you're going to make mistakes. but that's okay, because there's plenty of room for improvement along the way

My mum refusing to believe that I am full so she forces me to eat more and now I throw up most days because I've eaten too much.

I'm a bit underweight, not sure whether I have an eating disorder or something to do with the possible depression I have.

A water main broke not too far from me and I can't shower or anything this morning.

My grandfather keeps making dinner at like 10pm for us and he barely gives me enough.

And he wonders why I want to learn to cook (well, cook more than eggs and instant noodles and such)

My headphones. Nothing goes through to the left one now so I'm only getting sound into one ear, and they also have the most stupid design ever as they bend which means my hair can get caught in it without me realizing and when I take them off I end up pulling some of my own hair out.

Back