The dumbest thing in the history of the universe

that commercials boss bro

Peter Sam said:
You know how I said about a month ago that Mariowikedor was a complete idiot when he insulted NSMBW's Toads?

Well, you just lost a bunch more points from me, pal. I frigging hate the use of the word "gay" in a derogatory manner.
Like I'm the first person ever to do that? I didn't title this thread with the word "dumbest" somebody changed it. I don't think the commercial did the game justice. And it made it embarrising back then for a kid to ask his parents for the game if the parents saw the commercial.

I usually never see Nintendo commercials. Of course, that's probably because I only watch TV for about half an hour per week.....

But I did watch TV a lot back when SMS first came out, and I first saw this a couple years after getting the game.

schmutz said:
I usually never see Nintendo commercials. Of course, that's probably because I only watch TV for about half an hour per week.....

But I did watch TV a lot back when SMS first came out, and I first saw this a couple years after getting the game.

No, nowadays, Nintendo doesn't show many commercials.

Guh, yet another reason for me to suggest that Marwikedor should get banned. I'm not gay, but I dislike it when people use "gay" as an insult. Anyway, the commercial isn't bad, but it could be better.

Cap'n Falcon said:
Guh, yet another reason for me to suggest that Marwikedor should get banned. I'm not gay, but I dislike it when people use "gay" as an insult. Anyway, the commercial isn't bad, but it could be better.
Oh come on everybody I went to school used that term. It doesn't refer to those who struggle with same sex attraction when used in that manner... it means something else. I don't like discrimination either.

Marwikedor said:
Cap'n Falcon said:
Oh come on everybody I went to school used that term. It doesn't refer to those who struggle with same sex attraction when used in that manner... it means something else. I don't like discrimination either.

Do you "struggle" with heterosexual attraction?

Mario4Ever said:
Marwikedor said:
Cap'n Falcon said:

Do you "struggle" with heterosexual attraction?
Only when I like a girl but she doesn't like me.

Marwikedor said:
Oh come on everybody I went to school used that term.

Then don't be a mindless sheep like them and follow them

Marwikedor said:
Baby Luigi said:
Marwikedor said:

Then don't be a mindless sheep like them and follow them
But how was I to know it had a derrogatory connotation?

You can tell by connotation or context clues

Marwikedor said:
Cap'n Falcon said:
Uh, yeah, that's no excuse. :mad:

It's still bad to use the word "gay" in a derogatory sense as an off-hand for something you don't like, it has bad implications, as if to say "gay people are all bad things and unwanted". It doesn't matter if you really mean that or not, the implication is still there, whether you realize it or not.

i hate 360p videos

Cilan said:
I mean, really. Homosexuals are normal people. It's like using a person's race as an insult - wait, people do that, which is pretty stupid.

So, about the commercial. I got one of my classmates to play it in history class last year. Much lols were had that day.
I think I remember seeing the commercial when I was 2 or 3. I later I got the game!

Hey Rudnicki, how would you like it if I said "That's so troll that couldn't get that the Mario Bros. aren't Italian"?

Back