a rant about the Fire type starters

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Gamefreak knock it off.

STOP SPAMMING FIRE/FIGHTING ALREADY.

IT STOPPED BEING COOL NOW GO GET TO CHOOSE ANOTHER TYPE COMBINATION.

I mean Blaziken was ok but seriously why do we need two more.

at least get to choose something that isn't freaking Fire/fighting.

THIS IS THE REASON why from gen 3 onwards I started choosing the grass starters.

I usually choose the water types because Water/Steel (as in Empoleon) is a surprise. I thought it would become Water/Ice for sure. But yeah, Fire/Fighting has been overused. Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, what's next? Wait, I know. MORE FREAKIN' FIRE FIGHTERS!

It is really getting a bit annoying. I was expecting Oshawott's family to have Fighting as their secondary type which would make sense.

It's funny how no fully evolved starter Pokemon has a certain type three times in a row besides Fire Fighting.

I agree, Gamefreak pulled off a crud move there. I was hoping Emboar was Fire/Ground, but it HAD to be Fire/Fighting! -_-

Baby Luigi said:
It's funny how no fully evolved starter Pokemon has a certain type three times in a row besides Fire Fighting.

I agree, Gamefreak pulled off a crud move there. I was hoping Emboar was Fire/Ground, but it HAD to be Fire/Fighting! -_-

Exactly what I was hoping for!
The types I was hoping for:
Samurott - Water/Fight
Emboar- Fire/Ground
Serperior- Grass/Dark

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
I was hoping Emboar was Fire/Ground
Yes, because a double Water weakness is just wonderful.

Go ask Camerupt how that worked for him.

I know double weaknesses sucked, but that didn't stop Torterra from still being a threat in competitive play in D/P

And I would rather have VARIETY that could be a bad typing than something that is used three generations in a row

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

I know double weaknesses sucked, but that didn't stop Torterra from still being a threat in competitive play in D/P
Then explain to me why it's in UU.

I like Torterra, but he just isn't anything amazing. My favorite Grass starter though.

My point is that Emboar was awful because of his stats, and having a 4x weakness would make him the worst Pokemon in the entirety of BW.

Except maybe Stunfisk.

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Luigi said:

Then explain to me why it's in UU.

I like Torterra, but he just isn't anything amazing. My favorite Grass starter though.

I didn't say it was great as Empoleon and Infernape, but it's still in the UU tier. Not the NU or RU, but in UU. It's still pretty high for a Pokemon.

And yes, Swampert did have a double weakness to Grass type, but for it, it was its only weakness.

hmm well i really don't have such a big deal about fire starters i didn't know the starters were even 2 different types at the same time lol xD i never really looked at that because since i've only played in Sinnoh and Unova, i always pick grass no matter what, besides turtwig was way better than piplup and chimchar and Snivy is better than Oshawott and Tepig soo i always pick Grass/ whatever else it is......and the evolved version of Grass types rock too! I am loyal to grass types lol xD

Mario7727 said:
hmm well i really don't have such a big deal about fire starters i didn't know the starters were even 2 different types at the same time lol xD i never really looked at that because since i've only played in Sinnoh and Unova, i always pick grass no matter what, besides turtwig was way better than piplup and chimchar and Snivy is better than Oshawott and Tepig soo i always pick Grass/ whatever else it is......and the evolved version of Grass types rock too! I am loyal to grass types lol xD

What makes you think they are better when you have only used the Grass Starters?

Well i know because i've done The first game with Turtwig, then when i finshed i restarted it everytime to do every starter and i decided Turtwig was the best soo i restarted it the last time and Torterra is actually the best starter pokemon, but not in My Pokemon Black, i'm just going to leave it with Serperior! because he is the best, grass is always better!

Pandapowah said:
Mario7727 said:

What makes you think they are better when you have only used the Grass Starters?

I think its personal preference

Why can't they do what they did with the Cyndaquil line, and make it start off as a dual-type: Fire and Awesome?

I totally agree. I accepted it with Blaziken and Infernape, but Emboar pushed it. Especially since he's just a boar. I would've preferred him being a double type with Rock or Ground, but whatever.

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
I totally agree. I accepted it with Blaziken and Infernape, but Emboar pushed it. Especially since he's just a boar. I would've preferred him being a double type with Rock or Ground, but whatever.

That kind of makes sense since pigs roll around in mud.

Kick Buttowski said:
Super Mario the Hedgehog said:

That kind of makes sense since pigs roll around in mud.
Exactly my point! It makes sense and is original at the same time! Blaziken was alright since it was a kicker and it was perfect for Infernape due to being an athletic monkey and the Martial Arts Monkey Style, but a fighting pig? That's just weak.

Kick Buttowski said:
I want to see a Fire and Ice for Generation 6. That would be interesting.
...That wouldn't be half bad actually! It'd make for some really good possibilities! But what type of animal would fit being both of these types, I wonder?

Maybe a penguin? They normally live in cold places, but I once saw a video in Biology class that showed penguins on a tropical island. Of course, penguins have already been done before.

Kick Buttowski said:
Maybe a penguin? They normally live in cold places, but I once saw a video in Biology class that showed penguins on a tropical island. Of course, penguins have already been done before.
Yeah, I would pretty much prefer an unused animal.

Back