An Annoying Problem

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Lately, it seems a lot of users are saying stupid, pointless shit simply because it's random. It's really not funny at all. I don't know what the fuck you're trying to accomplish by being random. Nobody likes it.

I happen to share this sentiment with an impressive number of other users who agree that this shit really needs to stop. These random people (they all know who they are) might want to try actually saying something that requires thought for once.

Discord once asked, "what fun is there in making sense?" Well, people will actually like you and you won't be considered by some an annoying shitstain on the carpet that is the Internet.

Basically, stop with all this stupid random stuff. Try actually saying something interesting, or if you have nothing to say, just don't post! It's that simple!

Per Ralph. Posting is not a worthy end in and of itself.

Per Ralph again, but just to clear this up it was the character's line and not mine.

I agree with you Ralph. But yeah Nabber's "What fun in there in making sense" is a quote from the character his current theme is based on. I also don't think Nabber used it to defend random behavior anyway.

Northern Verve said:
I agree with you Ralph. But yeah Nabber's "What fun in there in making sense" is a quote from the character his current theme is based on. I also don't think Nabber used it to defend random behavior anyway.
No, but a different user did.

Magus said:
Northern Verve said:
Who?
And yeah, it's just part of my theme. :P

Discord said:
Magus said:
Northern Verve said:
Who?
And yeah, it's just part of my theme. :P
I'm deliberately not naming any names, but he knows who he is.

Yeah, it wasn't directed at Nabber.

There are also users on chat who don't frequent the forums who I feel should read this. If you guys agree with me, I hope you show this to people on chat and tell these "random" people that they're being annoying as fuck.

WAFFLEZ XD

But I do agree. Deliberately being annoying and/or confusing is NOT okay. Especially when we TELL SOMEONE to stop and they get defensive and say "NYAH I'M NOT BREAKING ANY RULES." If you do something and it causes people to dislike you, then STOP DOING IT!

This goes for the IRC chats AND the forum.

Posting to show my support for this proposal and to let all the random users in question know that I hate them so much.

I agree with you Ralphfan. Pointless posts are unnesssary to the forum, and one should really only post once they have something worthwhile to talk about. Otherwise, it is indeed better to remain silent as opposed to making these much unneeded posts.

I do agree with you 100%, Ralph. I find this randomness to not be funny, and when applied correctly, it can be hilarious. I do see a lot of these users on the chat like this, too. Ralph, next time I see someone being stupidly random, I'll link this page to them so they can see how a lot of us think it is annoying.

It's annoying, but people who think they need their nostalgia goggles on to post here are worse. Namely, Ralph! This is not an issue of "lately"- I'd say, atleast on this forum, it's about as little of a problem as it's ever been.

Nostalgia goggles? No. I never said "if it's new, it's bad." I'm just against people spewing out random shit.

I actually don't know if I do this or not. I don't think I do, but...

Anyway, even if I do unintentionally spew random bleep now and then, I agree with the OP.

Sharks Territory said:
Nostalgia goggles? No. I never said "if it's new, it's bad." I'm just against people spewing out random shit.
Would you please, please actually read my entire post? I never said that you said "if it's new, it's bad"- I said that the idea that the issue of 'random' humour is something that has come about or even worsened as of late is patently untrue. Like I already said in the last post that you for the most part ignored, right now this is probably less of an issue than it has ever been on this forum. What you're saying is that it didn't used to be as bad as it is now, which is wrong and clearly what has driven you to say- nay, maybe even believe such nonsense is clearly nostalgia.

Guys.

If you can't not not make sense.

Then at least do a good job of it, like I do.

but random stupidity is HILARIOUS guys

Eh, this is kind of annoying but I don't see what the big deal about it is. I've just learned to stay away from stupid stuff.

Plus don't you guys already have Xephyr as a haven from irritating people (like me, for example) and the general stupidity of the Mariowiki Forums?

Xephyr isn't a haven from anything. Except maybe, you know, posts, and users, but...

I disagree. The description of the Mindless Junk board is "The only forum where randomness and general idiocy is tolerated."

Just because it's tolerated doesn't mean that it's encouraged on every post in that board.

Magus said:
Just because it's tolerated doesn't mean that it's encouraged on every post in that board.
Person A: Oh I hate how there is so much randomness in Mindless Junk!!!
Person B: Well, it's tolerated, so it's okay!

My view? Change the name from Mindless Junk to something different (Like "Fun Stuff" or "Just for Fun" or whatever) so that people aren't under the impression to put spammy things in there. Just an idea.

Back