Playable villains and anti-heroes.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
If there's one thing the Super Smash Bros. series needs, it's more playable villains and some anti-heroes as well. This is the thread to state which villains/anti-heroes you believe should become playable in the next Super Smash Bros. and why they deserve a spot on the playable roster.

Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Ridley, and Samurai Goroh.

Metroid and F-Zero need more representation anyway, so.....

'3K said:

^
Mainly this. You could perhaps add another Zelda Villain or so. It's really Villains who need more rep. We already got the best Anti-Hero there is: Wario. :wario:

Just anything before THIS v
Cell said:

Northern Verve said:
It's really Villains who need more rep. We already got the best Anti-Hero there is: Wario. :wario:

Wario's only one character though. Compare that to Bowser, King Dedede, Ganondorf, and Wolf.

'3K said:
Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Ridley, and Samurai Goroh
basically these, but also:

Perhaps Porky, Baby Bowser (Well, we need some other rep in the Yoshi series besides Yoshi), Captain Syrup, maybe Magolor, Mewtwo (Well, he kinda counts as a villain.), Black Night, Black Shadow, Robotnik (He could perhaps drive in that vehicle from Adventure 2 to fight), and any Robot Master (if Mega Man is playable)

'3K said:
This.

I would really love to play as Ridley (or Meta Ridley, for that matter).

Also, regardless of what I think of Ghirahim's late-game character development, I do think he'd transfer relatively to a Smash Bros. game, so I wouldn't oppose that either.

it looks up to other restriction if the villians are really important and classic in every own series
I think other options are imortant such as proportion, if you can only make one representive, will you choose boss instead of the protagonist? (but that's posssible) , or what if it's a main romance and you don't choose the male/female partner for the second place?

Cell said:
Anyways, my pick would be:
Bowser Jr, Ghirahim, and King K. Rool
if judging on other villians we can add to
Zelda is hard whatever for it's parrallel worlds and nonrecurring characters
Mario is still that they already have too many places and you even have to make cuts (also Bowser Jr. is a new one in history)

Sonic and Snake are only representives outside, you can't hope for them unless 60 players

'3K said:

Cell said:

Per these. (I personally like Shadow and would like to see him in. Though Knuckles would be better, as would the four 3K mentioned)

Vaati or however you spell it might also be good.

Cell said:
GOD NO HE IS SO OVERRATED. I'd like to see Ridley and Black Shadow. It was stupid that Ridley couldn't get into Brawl because he was too big. They resized characters like Olimar drastically.

@Pinkie Pie: We don't really need any new Yoshi series and Wario series characters.

Pinkie Pie said:
Perhaps Porky, Baby Bowser (Well, we need some other rep in the Yoshi series besides Yoshi), Captain Syrup, maybe Magolor, Mewtwo (Well, he kinda counts as a villain.), Black Night, Black Shadow, Robotnik (He could perhaps drive in that vehicle from Adventure 2 to fight), and any Robot Master (if Mega Man is playable)

Porky: No. He's not much of a threat without his mechs and if those were included, they'd be too cumbersome.

Baby Bowser: Shell no. Baby Mario Bros.>Baby Bowser.

Captain Syrup: Yes. First female villain too.

Eggman: Interesting idea, but the vehicle might be a little bit cumbersome.

Robot Masters: Not a bad idea.

The babies aren't really interesting enough to get in anyway.

I think Bowser Jr. is the most likely. I don't really think there's a large amount more villains/anti-heroes that would work.

Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Ridley
Black Shadow

That is all in the villains department. Regarding anti-heroes...

Samurai Goroh; Goroh pretty much performs the same actions as Captain Falcon, despite being his main rival.
Leon Powalski; He played an anti-hero role in Star Fox Assault, just like the other Star Wolf members.

Kick Buttowski said:
This is about villains though, so he'd probably work. If not Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr. could always work.

MnSG said:
We don't really need any new Yoshi series and Wario series characters.
Uh, yeah, we kinda do. One character reps are lame.

MnSG said:
@Pinkie Pie: We don't really need any new Yoshi series and Wario series characters.
MnSG is right, we don't need any new Mario characters.

Ultraluigi said:
MnSG is right, we don't need any new Mario characters.

Maybe not for the Yoshi and Wario series', but the Mario and Donkey Kong series' can at least have Bowser Jr., Toad, King K. Rool, or Dixie Kong.

Pinkie Pie said:
Kick Buttowski said:
This is about villains though, so he'd probably work. If not Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr. could always work.

I know that. I'm the one who made this thread wise-guy. If the Yoshi series is going to have another rep, it should be the Baby Mario Bros., since they're more important than Baby Bowser.

On the subject of Mario/DK/Wario/etc characters:

The Wario series doesn't need any more right now.
The Babies could work for Yoshi series, but that's unlikely.
King K. Rool would be a great DK rep. Possibly Dixie too.
For Mario, Bowser Jr. Toad would be cool, but I think that's unlikely.

General Grievous said:
Cortex and N.Gin

No, just no. That's never going to happen.

Back