Playable villains and anti-heroes.

Theres only one zelda villian , so i would vaati or even Lord Ghirahim

MCD said:
The babies aren't really interesting enough to get in anyway.

Gee, how can someone be "interesting" enough to get in? That case is clearly subjective and I totally disagree

I agree that the series needs more villainous reps, but I can't really come up with some. Bowser Jr., Ridley, Dark Samus, and Samurai Goroh are some of the notable ones.

Dark Samus would do 2 things: get the needed Metroid rep, and get the needed villain. I support Dark Samus. Samurai Goroh isn't a bad idea either.

Dry-Petey said:
Dark Samus would do 2 things: get the needed Metroid rep, and get the needed villain. I support Dark Samus. Samurai Goroh isn't a bad idea either.
Dark Samus is basically Samus on Phazon, so she'd probably have a very similar moveset, although her Phazon-based attacks have significant differences in Echoes. I wouldn't be opposed to that though, since I've always wanted to try that giant Phazon Super Missile....

TankDempsey said:
Theres only one zelda villian , so i would vaati or even Lord Ghirahim

Ganondorf is pretty much the best LoZ villain. And if you haven't been checking the Smash Boards, I'm pretty much one of the biggest Ghirahim opposers out there; I don't like that guy, especially considering his boundary issues.

If Giygas would be in, the most he would get is a boss battle

Evil Magikrazy said:
Giygas should be in. The series needs more evil red fetuses.

Giygas and Zero are pretty much infamous for their graphical scenarios. It wouldn't be a good move.

I honestly see no idea how Ridley would work unless he is shrunk. Look at how big he is in Brawl compared to the other characters. He takes up quite a bit of the screen. If any villain should be represented for Metroid, it should probably be Dark Samus, albeit likely being a clone character (better than nothing).

I see no way any Pikmin villains getting in as fighters. Probably no Pikmin newcomers in general, at least not from the current two games unless we want clones.

If any Zelda villain were to get in, it'd more than likely be Vaati or maybe Cole and Byrnn.

I haven't played enough F-Zero, so I guess I'll go with everyone on Samurai Goroh.

K.Rool would likely be the only villain to represent the DK series. We don't need another clone (Dixie) though.

@Gamefreak75: What makes you think that Dixie Kong will be a clone? She can't exactly copy Diddy Kong. Regarding Ridley, if Bowser can be resized, Ridley should easily be no problem. Besides, Giga Bowser is playable as a Final Smash in Brawl, and he's about as tall as Brawl Ridley, if not taller.

Smasher said:
On the subject of Mario/DK/Wario/etc characters:

The Wario series doesn't need any more right now.
The Babies could work for Yoshi series, but that's unlikely.
King K. Rool would be a great DK rep. Possibly Dixie too.
For Mario, Bowser Jr. Toad would be cool, but I think that's unlikely.

General Grievous said:
Cortex and N.Gin

No, just no. That's never going to happen.
Cortex could since he could use his raygun and bombs. N.Gin could use a mech

Ultraluigi said:
MnSG said:
@Pinkie Pie: We don't really need any new Yoshi series and Wario series characters.
MnSG is right, we don't need any new Mario characters.

I personally think that 1 or even 2 Mario series newcomers are inviteable in the upcoming Smash Bros.. The Mario series is easily Nintendo's flagship franchise, and since Brawl it has went through quite a bit of development. Not to mention that the series even lost a rep during the transition from Melee to Brawl.

DK, Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario on the other hand do not count as Mario reps. They got in due to the merits of their own series. The only one that can be considered close to a Mario rep is Yoshi, and even he is only there as a result of his own series.

If anything, both Toad and Bowser Jr. are the best bets for a Mario newcomer. Both play notable roles in the Super Mario Bros. titles, and are also common sights in the spin-offs. Both characters are also highly demanded as well for SSB4.

Propeller Toad said:
Ultraluigi said:
MnSG said:
@Pinkie Pie: We don't really need any new Yoshi series and Wario series characters.
MnSG is right, we don't need any new Mario characters.

I personally think that 1 or even 2 Mario series newcomers are inviteable in the upcoming Smash Bros.. The Mario series is easily Nintendo's flagship franchise, and since Brawl it has went through quite a bit of development. Not to mention that the series even lost a rep during the transition from Melee to Brawl.

DK, Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario on the other hand do not count as Mario reps. They got in due to the merits of their own series. The only one that can be considered close to a Mario rep is Yoshi, and even he is only there as a result of his own series.

If anything, both Toad and Bowser Jr. are the best bets for a Mario newcomer. Both play notable roles in the Super Mario Bros. titles, and are also common sights in the spin-offs. Both characters are also highly demanded as well for SSB4.
I would sacrifice Diddy Kong for Toad. I don't want any more Mario character because they outnumbered the other characters in Brawl, and it's starting to feel like a Mario game.

General Grievous said:
Smasher said:
General Grievous said:
Cortex and N.Gin

No, just no. That's never going to happen.
Cortex could since he could use his raygun and bombs. N.Gin could use a mech

Actually there's not really any chance that they would put characters from the Crash Bandicoot series in SSB before stuff like Mega Man or more Sonic or Metal Gear characters. Even if they did it would be Crash himself instead of a villain and even that is very unlikely.

General Grievous said:
There where loads of Mario and Pokemon characters in Brawl

If four reps can be considered to be "loads" then perhaps so...

One has to take into account that the more well known franchises are the ones that will be attracting more people towards the game. Generally, it is the aspect of the new characters that attract the most people towards a new Smash Bros. game.

Mario and Pokemon are definitely among the biggest franchises, and are likely the ones that people are expecting reps from since potential reps are still available.

Propeller Toad said:
General Grievous said:
There where loads of Mario and Pokemon characters in Brawl

If four reps can be considered to be "loads" then perhaps so...

One has to take into account that the more well known franchises are the ones that will be attracting more people towards the game. Generally, it is the aspect of the new characters that attract the most people towards a new Smash Bros. game.

Mario and Pokemon are definitely among the biggest franchises, and are likely the ones that people are expecting reps from since potential reps are still available.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking when I posted that

Well Mario (Not including sub-series), Zelda, and Pokemon all got 4 characters. Of course they're going to have quite a bit of representation in the roster. They're Nintendo's flagship franchises.

General Grievous said:
I was suprised Metroid didn't get more

Well technically it did....Sakurai and his team considered Zero Suit Samus as a separate character for Brawl.

However, you are right. Metroid does deserve a new rep, and Ridley does deserve it by now. Metroid may not be as big as the other major franchises; however, it does deserve one true newcomer.

The problem with Metroid in Smash Bros. is that the series (or most of the well-reputed games in the series) are based off the idea of having one character controlled by the player crashing on an alien planet with orders from a benevolent (pretend Other M and Fusion didn't happen for the duration of that statement, please) group to destroy dangerous lifeforms on the planet or something like that. There are few or no friendlies, usually no NPCs aside from bosses (except for the aforementioned exceptions, along with Corruption), and a large, expansive game world to explore.

There aren't many options for including Metroid characters aside from Ridley that would transfer well. Dark Samus would be fine, but would likely be a clone of Samus unless they broke Metroid canon. Metroid Prime itself would be fun, except for the fact that it'd be impossible to knock off and invulnerable except in highly difficult access areas. Mother Brain would be another, but its bipedal form doesn't have enough to use as attacks without being overpowered.

Back