Track Editor in Mario Kart

Do you think Mario Kart should have a track editor?

• Heck yes, the game needs it!

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Sure

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • It would be nice but I wont use it much

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Pandapowah

King Bowser
Just a little poll I want to run. So, do you think the next or a future Mario Kart game should have a track editor? And post any ideas on what you would want it to be like.
I think it would be really nice to have one but I usually prefer to race on the actual tracks.

Lap count:

Background:
Draw it

Shape:
Draw it in a program similir to MS Paint.

Checkpoint:
Up to 5 in-game yards away from falling place.

Enemies:
Goomba
Koopa
Shy Guy
Boo
More to be unlocked

Ramp:
Turbo
Not turbo
Glider

Coin Placement

Mud, grass, e.t.c.

Other stuff

You can upload, but you can draw changes to it.

You could take a lava one and make it watery. Take a make a normal cave an ice cave. Doodle on a notebook paper background. The possibilities are endless!

I would say yes for a track editor as long as it isn't as crappy as Diddy Kong Racing DS's track editor

WinterYoshi99 said:
That seems weird? I wanna see how bad that is

It's really terrible. You draw stages using the touch screen and you can't make it really complex. The scenery looks all the same and all your course basically is is white colored roads floating in space. And if you apply elevation, the elevation goes in random areas. Plus, you can't race anyone in custom tracks, only T.T.

WinterYoshi99 said:
That sucks.

It does suck.

However, if Mario Kart had a track editor like Modnations, gee, I would certainly buy the game, maybe even preorder it.

WinterYoshi99 said:
I wish you can get all hazards from previous Mario Kart games and Even get to make your own battle courses!

That's possible, but it's very ambitious. All these hazards have their own animations and crud like that in their own. All of them. There's a whole bunch of hazards in the Mario Kart series.

Trust me, if they have the ability to make race courses, I don't see why not for battle courses

Baby Luigi said:
I would say yes for a track editor as long as it isn't as crappy as Diddy Kong Racing DS's track editor

Baby Luigi said:
However, if Mario Kart had a track editor like Modnations, gee, I would certainly buy the game, maybe even preorder it.

I completely agree with both of these statements. DKRDS's track editor was pretty bad, but a Modnation Racers-style track editor would be badass.

Sure, I wouldn't expect the track creator to be pulled off well, though.

The kart creation itself in Mario Kart 7 feels like it could've been done much better.

If they did create one, it'd need wi-fi sharing and the like, or it'd be nearly useless imo.

I think there also should be the ability to comment on other's creations so they can turn out better than before. You know, constructive criticism or praise even

That could be nice, but it'd probably get irksome at times getting comments on your tracks from people you've never met before...

Still, praise is very nice. I know how it feels like when people give praise to your creations, even if you haven't met them before.

Well yeah, but I'd rather have constructive praise, and I doubt I'd get it just from some random comment by some guy that found my stage.

I'm not sure about the ability to downrate/uprate creations. Downrating good creations is just terrible and I have witnessed it before.

Lemmy Koopa Fan said:
editor to existing tracks? No. Track creator? YES!

I'd rather have both. 33 otions: one for each track, and one for start from scratch.

Back