Pokémon Black and White Versions

What I like about Black/White:

1. Oshawott's evolutions look awesome and they're good in battle.
2. The bike theme is okay.
3. TM's can be used repeatedly.
4. PKMN Centers and Marts are in the same place. IMO, that's more convenient.
5. That is one good-looking Mom. ^_^
6. You can fight the Elite 4 in any order you want.

What I don't like about Black/White:
1. You have to fight the Elite 4 twice.
2. No Vs. Seeker. I know about the Lucky Egg, but still. I'd prefer using the Vs. Seeker.
3. There aren't a lot of good fire-types. My Simisear is terrible.
4. Bianca.
5. Relic Castle.

Black and White screwed up twice when it comes to Pokemon themselves

*Fan Rotom is a Flying type with LEVITATE -_-'
*Delibird gets two EXACT abilities (Insomnia and Vital Spirit)

Other than that, there are some new Pokemon that I personally like their designs. Terracosta, Tepig, and Hydregion are some notable ones I like.

I put it in Video Games?! I thought I put it in Handheld Gaming... Can a Forum Administrator move it?

I got this game for Christmas, but I knew about the season's mechanic in advance, so I decided to wait until January so I can start the game in Spring.

I played through most of yesterday, and I'm about to enter Nacrene City. I've been training most of last night, because I feel better continuing my journey during the day. My Tepig evolved into a Pignite, and yeah, it DOES kind of stink that for the past 3 generations, the fire starter evolves into a Fire/Fighting type, but oh well, I like Emboar's design, and I can't wait to get to that point!

I also have a Woobat with me, so I can evolve it with happiness sooner than later. Also with me is Munna, so I can use it's "Yawn" technique to put Pokemon to sleep. The rest of my current party consists of Blitzle, Pidove, and Pansage (who knows Cut).

handheld gaming

These were okay, I guess. Definitely not as good as the other games, although the music is awesome.

Got my second badge, beat Team Plasma (who's pretty much the PETA of Pokemon), and now I'm leveling up Pokemon and walking around in order for my Swadloon's happiness to grow so I can evolve it sooner than later.

Kick Buttowski said:

That was honestly the best improvement in the whole freaking game.

Kick Buttowski said:

Darmanitan and Chandelure come to mind as good Fire-types. Simisear is awful, though.

Smashgoom202 said:
I played through most of yesterday, and I'm about to enter Nacrene City. I've been training most of last night, because I feel better continuing my journey during the day. My Tepig evolved into a Pignite, and yeah, it DOES kind of stink that for the past 3 generations, the fire starter evolves into a Fire/Fighting type, but oh well, I like Emboar's design, and I can't wait to get to that point!
I'm honestly depressed that everyone always picks the Fire-type. Like, 80% of Pokemon gamers pick the Fire-type. It gets really annoying.

Kudos to those who picked Snivy or Oshawott this time.

Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:

That was honestly the best improvement in the whole freaking game.

Definitely this.

Dr. Javelin said:
Kick Buttowski said:

Darmanitan and Chandelure come to mind as good Fire-types.

Yes, Chandelure is an awesome fire type. I don't think I can agree with Darmanitan though...

Dr. Javelin said:

Yay me.

IMO, Pokemon White is great and has become my second favorite Pokemon game. (Besides Pearl)

Dr. Javelin said:
I'm honestly depressed that everyone always picks the Fire-type. Like, 80% of Pokemon gamers pick the Fire-type. It gets really annoying.

People pick the fire-types because they look cool and in every Pokemon game, fire-types are kind of scarce. In fact, I would've picked Charmander and Chimchar along with everyone else if Brock and Roark weren't the first gym leaders in Kanto and Sinnoh respectivley.

Dr. Javelin said:

Well, here's the thing, for the past few generations, I've always picted the grass time. Treecko, Turtwig, Bulbasaur... the only exception is Totodile, so for a while, I would always choose the Grass-type... although sometimes, I felt like I wanted a Mudkip or a Chimchar... And generation one, it KILLS me to try and pick between Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Here it's almost like Generation 1, I want Snivy, he looks all cool and smug, and I always choose grass... but then again, I also like Tepig, I don't choose Fire types nearly as often, and I actually like the final form of Tepig. But then there's Oshawott, and I really didn't like all the hate that was going on with that one. Poor guy, I always thought he was kind of cute.

So really, I had to think long and hard about who I wanted... And I'm glad with the choice I went with.

Kick Buttowski said:
Dr. Javelin said:

People pick the fire-types because they look cool and in every Pokemon game, fire-types are kind of scarce. In fact, I would've picked Charmander and Chimchar along with everyone else if Brock and Roark weren't the first gym leaders in Kanto and Sinnoh respectivley.
I chose Chimchar so I would beat the Grass leader badly, plus he's really cute ;D

Dr. Javelin said:

pfft
hmm hmm
hee hee

WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!XD

Seperior is a terrible Pokemon. It's only good stat is Speed. Everything else is mediocre.

Kick Buttowski said:
Dr. Javelin said:

pfft
hmm hmm
hee hee

Seperior is a terrible Pokemon. It's only good stat is Speed. Everything else is mediocre.
Since they're all terrible, you might as well pick the one that looks cooler.

So HA

Also you forget that Serperior's defenses are quite good and he makes a good stall Pokemon. If only he learned Spikes...

In terms of weaknesses, the Snivy family is the worst.

They're weak against fire, flying, poison, ice, and bug.

The ott family is weak against electric and grass.

The 3 little piggies are weak against water, ground, flying, and psychic.

Do the math. Snivy has 5 weaknesses, Oshawott's family has 2 weaknesses and Tepig's family has 4 weaknesses.

Also, Samurott and Emboar have at least 100 for both physical and special attack.

Kick Buttowski said:

Do the math. Snivy has 5 weaknesses, Oshawott's family has 2 weaknesses and Tepig's family has 4 weaknesses.

Also, Samurott and Emboar have at least 100 for both physical and special attack.
There's more to Pokemon than weakness count. Otherwise everyone's teams would be filled with Spiritomb, Sableye, and Eelektross.

Also the Rule of Cool still holds: Serperior looks cooler.

Kick Buttowski said:

>implying weaknesses and attack are all that are important in pokemon

pfft
hmm hmm
hee hee

I choose Serperior because ,like Javelin says, he looks cool plus idgaf about stats. And I never regretted it because he's awesome and my favorite B&W Pokemon (besides Chandelure)

Smasher said:
Kick Buttowski said:

>implying weaknesses and attack are all that are important in pokemon

pfft
hmm hmm
hee hee

My point exactly.

Also being weak to Poison, who cares. Poison is the worst attacking type and no one uses it.

Kick Buttowski said:
Just because a Pokemon looks cool, that doesn't mean it's going to win you battles.
My point was that because they're all bad, you might as well pick the coolest looking one.

This could be my fear of snakes talking, but I fail to see what's so cool about Seperior.

Regarding poison, yes, it is bad by itself, but if paired with another type, it's not too bad IMO.

And if they're all bad, then wouldn't it be best to choose the one that's the least bad?

Back