Pokémon Black and White Versions

Kick Buttowski said:
Just because a Pokemon looks cool, that doesn't mean it's going to win you battles.

So what? I rarely even care about stats. And when I do, I prefer speedy Pokemon to Heavy hitters anyway.

Kick Buttowski said:
And if they're all bad, then wouldn't it be best to choose the one that's the least bad?

I did. :3

Smasher said:
I rarely even care about stats. And when I do, I prefer speedy Pokemon to Heavy hitters anyway.

IMO, the best kind of Pokemon stat-wise is one that excels in speed and one of the attacks. Hit hard, hit fast.

I generally just train whatever I think looks cool, and toss the rest in the PC box. Why bother training an UBER pokemon if I dont enjoy using him? There are more than one ways to play a game.

(I chose Snivy btw, for my first game, and Oshawott for my second.)

I choose whatever makes playing the game more fun for me. That's the same reason why I have two purrloins in my party, because I find assist hilarious to use (Dont worry stat guys, I dont plan on keeping them in my party forever, just having some fun with the early game.)

Paper Bowser Jr. said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Dr. Javelin said:
I'm honestly depressed that everyone always picks the Fire-type. Like, 80% of Pokemon gamers pick the Fire-type. It gets really annoying.

Kudos to those who picked Snivy or Oshawott this time.

People pick the fire-types because they look cool and in every Pokemon game, fire-types are kind of scarce. In fact, I would've picked Charmander and Chimchar along with everyone else if Brock and Roark weren't the first gym leaders in Kanto and Sinnoh respectivley.
I chose Chimchar so I would beat the Grass leader badly, plus he's really cute ;D
Plus he's a monkey, and everything is better with monkeys! :P

Kick Buttowski said:
The water starter for Generation VI has got to be a platypus, and when it evolves, it should gain fighting as a secondary type.
do i smell a phineas and ferb reference?

Mariomario64 said:
lol i thought so

But in all seriousness, I think we have enough part-fighting-type starters.
Actually, it's only with the fire-type that it happens, and I'll admit, I am a little annoyed that they did that 3 times in a row... Pignite and Emboar don't even really LOOK like they'd be fighting types, aside from being big and tough-looking.

Smashgoom202 said:
Mariomario64 said:
lol i thought so

But in all seriousness, I think we have enough part-fighting-type starters.
Actually, it's only with the water-type that it happens, and I'll admit, I am a little annoyed that they did that 3 times in a row... Pignite and Emboar don't even really LOOK like they'd be fighting types, aside from being big and tough-looking.

Don't you mean fire? :|

Teps (Tepig's nickname) just evolved into Pignite! It's really weird to see a Pignite named Teps as it was to see a Monferno now an Infernape named Chim Chim.

Dr. Javelin said:
I'm honestly depressed that everyone always picks the Fire-type. Like, 80% of Pokemon gamers pick the Fire-type. It gets really annoying.

Kudos to those who picked Snivy or Oshawott this time.
I picked snivy in the 5th.

turtwig in the 4th.

and treecko in the 3rd.

Paper Bowser Jr. said:
Teps (Tepig's nickname) just evolved into Pignite! It's really weird to see a Pignite named Teps as it was to see a Monferno now an Infernape named Chim Chim.
This is why I don't give my Pokemon nicknames.

Smashgoom202 said:
Paper Bowser Jr. said:
'

Neither do I. I never got why people gave their Pokemon nicknames. It doesn't change the gameplay in any way whatsoever.

Kick Buttowski said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Paper Bowser Jr. said:
'

Neither do I. I never got why people gave their Pokemon nicknames. It doesn't change the gameplay in any way whatsoever.
I nicknamed my Torterra Tru in Platinum because Diamond's Torterra in Pokémon Adventures is named Tru.

Kick Buttowski said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Paper Bowser Jr. said:
'

I don't think it's a gameplay thing, I think it's a personal thing, given you're own Pokemon unique names to remember them by and such.

Smashgoom202 said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Paper Bowser Jr. said:
'

I don't think it's a gameplay thing, I think it's a personal thing, given you're own Pokemon unique names to remember them by and such.

It's fun to have unique nicknames for your pokemon. It makes them more personal, rather than you just having five wurmples, you could have Kitty, Kitten, Apple, Pizza, And Pepperoni.

:'(

...Anyway, I FINALLY managed to catch a Golett, and I had it evolved into Golurk in no time, so I could ditch that bird and stick with the flying Pokemon I always wanted!

I also finally evolved my Pansage into a Simisage, so now it's not quite as useless compared to the other Pokemon in my party.

I think I have my final party pretty much finalized... Probably.

Well i don't really like Pokemon White because....idk xD i just do like the idea of having White Forest after you beat the Main Storyline :P i like Black City better :D So i think Pokemon Black is better and i also HATE nicknaming Pokemon i just hate it too and i always picked a grass type everytime i've played a pokemon game soo i picked Snivy, and Serpieor is awesome i don't really like fire types and i hate the way Oshawott look when fully evolved

Back