SMG vs SMG2

Which one is better, the original or the sequel?

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
The games are actually more different than you may think. Which one did you like better?

Re: SMG vs SM2

I swear you only made this because everyone was arguing about this on my page i made. Im gonna go with galaxy because well the Hub seems bigger. And SMG2 looks like a great game but the only real upgrade is yoshi.

Like I said another thread, they're both some of the best Mario games ever. SMG was better visually and plotwise and SMG2 was more nostalgic and fun.

Boidoh said:
I swear you only made this because everyone was arguing about this on my page i made. Im gonna go with galaxy because well the Hub seems bigger. And SMG2 looks like a great game but the only real upgrade is yoshi.
Your reasoning is because the hub was bigger? The hub does matter but it's not the biggest influence.
Also, I thought you said you haven't played them?

GLaDOS said:
Boidoh said:
Your reasoning is because the hub was bigger? The hub does matter but it's not the biggest influence.
Also, I thought you said you haven't played them?

Im going by videos. Plus thats just one of the factors.

Both were great, but the first seemed more of an open adventure, while the second was more linear and gave us that annoying purple guy.

Boidoh said:
GLaDOS said:
That's not a very good way to judge games.

By videos or by hub?

Probably videos. Not really a good idea to judge games you haven't played :P

Also, SMG2. But only by a little.

Hard to say, but
Galaxy 2, because of Yoshi, and it is a pain to find those last few Power Stars before you unlock the final battle.

Super Mario Galaxy for me.

Super Mario Galaxy had that wow factor in it and the innovative gravity (for a Mario game anyway). Super Mario Galaxy 2....lacked it (the wow factor anyway) and it had my least favorite character as a powerup. Ugh.

I'll go with BLOF and say that SMG2 lacked the "wow" factor that SMG1 had, but I had more fun with the sequel and was actually motivated to complete it 100%. The original is more of an afterthought to me now (SMG2 could pretty much be a standalone game as far as I'm concerned).

Twist said:
Both were great, but the first seemed more of an open adventure, while the second was more linear and gave us that annoying purple guy.
Damn it now i want to change my vote cause you reminded me of my intense hatred for that purple guy :mad:
:posh:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was played more recently by me, and since it was played in the giant pile of video games I got for christmas (only 4) then I might like it more. I really don't know, but maybe I do like SMG2 better, and I'm just afraid to admit it to myself.

Don't feel lke reading that^ SMG2

I like them both nut I have to say SMG2 just because of Yoshi.

I like how people chose SMG2 just because of Yoshi. I bet you would pick it even if it was horrible.

I like how people hate on SMG2 just because of Yoshi. I bet you would pick on him even if the game was spectacular.

Back