Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

How the hell did Frozen get so popular anyway? Personally I preferred Tangled mainly because Flynn Rider is the best "hero" Disney's made.

we'vegotohavemoney.avi

It's more surprising that it took this long to confirm a sequel. It was a foregone conclusion that one would happen pretty early on, I thought.

Flareon said:
How the hell did Frozen get so popular anyway? Personally I preferred Tangled mainly because Flynn Rider is the best "hero" Disney's made.
Female empowerment and the torpedoing of the old insta-love cliche with a nicely chilling twist.

(That being said, while I do like the film, it's not without its flaws (the "Fixer-Upper" song is hypocritical and unnecessary, for one thing) and some things are exaggerated about it by its advocates, imo (i.e. it's not some crazy progressive depiction of the emotional castration of a little girl by her parents, it's just well-meaning but very bad parenting, which is one of the oldest stories in the book, really).)

ernesth100 said:
This movie was perfect as it is. A sequel might muck it up. Like Titanic 2.
titanic 2 wasn't an official sequel though...

i'm not exactly too hopeful for this but i'm not going to take everyone's attitude of "yeah any new movie is confirmed to be awful"

People don't have high expectations for sequels, Nabber. And I think it's understandable because sequels don't have a very good track record.

You don't really need a cliffhanger for a sequel, though. Some people do like to see their characters one more time, which why I think sequels like that are being made. Also, it can create more plots after the tied up plot which can flow pretty well, depends on how imaginative people are.

Er... yes. Back in November. No need to bump a 4+ year old thread just for old news.

Back