Mario Party 7

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Discuss whatever Mario Party 7 subjects you would like here.

I love how the boards were based on locations in the real world and the Character Orbs were a nice touch since the character you chose would have an effect on the gameplay and it was awesome playing as Dry Bones.

I loved Pagoda Peak. I like its atmosphere and the music.

Think Tank, Fun Run, Spider Stomp, Bubble Brawl, Funstacle Course and others are my favorite minigames.

I was hoping for a Japan-themed board rather than one based on China, but still, it's nice to see some Asian themes in a Nintendo game.

Regarding the mini-games, Fun Run was like the most overplayed mini-game the game chose.

For me, it's Think Tank. That game is really fun.

Kick Buttowski said:
I was hoping for a Japan-themed board rather than one based on China, but still, it's nice to see some Asian themes in a Nintendo game.

Regarding the mini-games, Fun Run was like the most overplayed mini-game the game chose.

It's still an amusing minigame though. Of course, Jump, Man is probably the most nostalgic.

Jump, Man and that vine minigame are my favorite 2 DK minigames. A Bridge Too Short just sucks.

Baby Luigi said:
Jump, Man and that vine minigame are my favorite 2 DK minigames. A Bridge Too Short just sucks.

I pretty much hate Vine Country, since it's a button tapping minigame. If you're not a fast button tapper, you'll lose, even if you've avoided everything.

A Bridge Too Short is an odd one, but you raise your odds of victory by completely following Donkey Kong's path; if the left bridge breaks for DK, it'll break for you too.

I love the obvious pun for Jump, Man. 8)

One thing I did not like was the Bowser mini-games, except for Tunnel of Lava and the one where you have to open 5 chests in a certain order.

MnSG said:
I pretty much hate Vine Country, since it's a button tapping minigame. If you're not a fast button tapper, you'll lose, even if you've avoided everything.

I guess I'm a pretty good button tapper because whenever I win, Donkey Kong is off the screen.

One thing I did not like was the Bowser mini-games, except for Tunnel of Lava and the one where you have to open 5 chests in a certain order.

The single player or multiplayer or both? The only game I really don't like is Slot-o-Whirl and I can still beat it.

Probably the multi-player. I hardly ever win them.

Strangely, I only lost Slot-O-Whirl once and it was obviously due to bad luck.

Kick Buttowski said:
Probably the multi-player. I hardly ever win them.

I usually win in Magmagical Journey and Funstacle Course. Funder Wall is the only one where I lose.

I sometimes win in Funderwall (70% I guess), but Magmagical Journey and Funstacle Course is where I win 90% of the time.

Have you played Bowser's Lovely Lift?

Kick Buttowski said:
I love the obvious pun for Jump, Man. 8)

Tunnel of Lava is probably the only solo Bowser minigame that's not heavily luck-based; you can easily take out all the Mechakoopas before the 30 seconds are up.

Baby Luigi said:

I have, and it is a pain that you only have to get hit once to lose.

Baby Luigi said:

Yes. Took me multiple tries to finish it. Which brings up another thing I didn't like about the game. The single-player mode. Granted, it was still better than Mario Party 8's solo-mode, but still...

It's been a while since I last played Solo Cruise. Isn't it the 1 on 1 type battling?

I didn't like this Mario Party so much... Bowser Time, nerfed orbs(Warp Pipe being a Roadblock was A HUGE WTF), few mini-games in each category(Seriously? Only 13 4-Player games?) and luck-based mini-games were just so bad for me. (Well then again, most luck based games are bad lol)

Yoshi8984 said:
I didn't like this Mario Party so much... Bowser Time, nerfed orbs(Warp Pipe being a Roadblock was A HUGE WTF), few mini-games in each category(Seriously? Only 13 4-Player games?) and luck-based mini-games were just so bad for me. (Well then again, most luck based games are bad lol)

GameCube ISOs can only hold up to 1.35 GB, so it's to be expected that the minigame amounts wouldn't be so large.

Baby Luigi said:
It's been a while since I last played Solo Cruise. Isn't it the 1 on 1 type battling?

Yep. I probably lost on almost every board once.

Yoshi8984 said:
Bowser Time

Other than the photo and destroying one of the shops and opening his own, Bowser Time wasn't too bad.

Kick Buttowski said:
Baby Luigi said:

I remember the CPU in Grand Canal. It was exceptionally dumb there. Same with Windmill Ville and Pagoda Peak.

Kick Buttowski said:
Other than the photo and destroying one of the shops and opening his own, Bowser Time wasn't too bad.

Besides, for me, 30 coins for the pic sounds like a lot but it's DEVASTATING to the CPUs. And the CPUs are the ones who ALWAYS go to the Bowser Shop. It's so hilarious.

Baby Luigi said:
Kick Buttowski said:

Besides, for me, 30 coins for the pic sounds like a lot but it's DEVASTATING to the CPUs. And the CPUs are the ones who ALWAYS go to the Bowser Shop. It's so hilarious.

30?! :eek: I only remember the picture costing either 10 or 20 coins.

Sorry, my memory is quite foggy. I believe if Bowser gets in the way, it costs...I dunno, maybe 30 coins.

Each player loses 10 or 20 coins after Bowser takes a picture of them. Contrary to popular belief though, Bowser's presence on the photo does not affect how many coins you lose.

Of all the Bowser Times that occur though, for Bowser's Enchanted Inferno!, Bowser will always perform the same action; sink one of the islands, and if anyone is on that island, they'll lose half of their coins.

I guess I have been thinking too much about the Bowser shop items because I recall they cost 30 coins

Back