Wreck-it Ralph

Luna said:
Netflix says Wreck it Ralph is on long wait.

fuck

Not surprised in the slightest. I haven't been a member of Netflix for years, but doesn't the long wait have an estimate of how long you're going to wait before it gets sent to you?

MCS said:
Luna said:
Netflix says Wreck it Ralph is on long wait.

fuck

Not surprised in the slightest. I haven't been a member of Netflix for years, but doesn't the long wait have an estimate of how long you're going to wait before it gets sent to you?

It just says under expected availability: "long wait",guess i'll just wait or break down and buy it.

Baby Luigi said:
I hate to break it to you, but you're probably the only person who likes it.

That film had legitimate, obvious flaws in it. It's no wonder it didn't win any Academy Awards besides possibly animation, and it currently holds a "rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the first Pixar movie to have it.
did you watch it, or are you just repeating what other people have said

So this Wreck-it Ralph is coming out on DVD soon, I think. Perhaps I'll finally find time to see it now, because usually I end up seeing movies after they come out on DVD by renting it at one of those Redbox things.

Dr. Javelin said:

You probably shouldn't continue that discussion after we established that that was derailing this thread.

MCS said:
Dr. Javelin said:

You probably shouldn't continue that discussion after we established that that was derailing this thread.

To answer his question, yes I did watch it

No more will be said about that subject matter

MCS said:
Dr. Javelin said:

ah, well

i'm not sure if it's derailing if you continue talking about the main topic (as i did), but whatever

So we rented the Blu-Ray of this at the local Redbox. I gotta say, the picture on it is really clear and crisp, and the sound is perfect too. I also skipped to the 2 scenes I missed while I was in the restroom at the theater - the part where Ralph comes out from Pac-Man and you see a bunch of video game characters (and he gives Q*bert one of his cherries) and the part where they take Ralph to those Oreo guards after sabotaging the race. I'll probably buy the Blu-Ray pretty soon and watch it all again.

I also think it's awesome that Chris Hardwick from G4 did a bunch of intermissions for the DVD when you pause, showing fun facts and references in the movie.

This movie was a waste of money. I regret going to see it in the theater. A pure example of a slap in the face by disney.

U freak said:
This movie was a waste of money. I regret going to see it in the theater. A pure example of a slap in the face by disney.

Out of curiosity,exactly what didn't you like about it?

There were some references that were innapropriate for the movie and the audiance. Some of the voice actors included were a poor choice to have in the movie. The inclusion of satan in the movie was uneeded as well.

U freak said:
There were some references that were innapropriate for the movie and the audiance. Some of the voice actors included were a poor choice to have in the movie. The inclusion of satan in the movie was uneeded as well.
okay well the first thing I don't remember an references that were inappropriate? Besides, the children won't get it an the adults will, so the adults can have a laugh too. Second, the voice actors actually did a pretty good job in this film as much as I thought it wouldn't be.

And it wasn't Satan. It was a video game character. I forget which one though.

Well, maybe we can just agree that we have different taste in movies and I don't like movies with voice actors that support certain agendas. I'll just leave it at that.

Gundam Tanaka said:
U freak said:
okay well the first thing I don't remember an references that were inappropriate? Besides, the children won't get it an the adults will, so the adults can have a laugh too. Second, the voice actors actually did a pretty good job in this film as much as I thought it wouldn't be.

And it wasn't Satan. It was a video game character. I forget which one though.
If you guys are referring to the red demonic guy in the villain group, then he actually is Satan, just the one in Ghosts 'n Goblins.

I think he's just being nitpicky and making up stuff. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with the film. Inappropriate references? Bull-crap. Give me one example of an inappropriate reference, U freak. Satan...eh, I can see where you're getting at, but it's not like they just randomly included him, he's actually a character from Ghosts n Goblins.

I bought the collector's edition this past Thursday, and my parents and lder sister watched it yesterday!

They thought it was alright...

Something weird is that this time around, I genuinely cried during the scene where
Ralph wrecks Vanellope's kart... JonTron's a heartless jerk for thinking that was hackneyed.

Should I spoiler that? I'll spoiler that to be safe.

Smashgoom202 said:
Something weird is that this time around, I genuinely cried during the scene where
Ralph wrecks Vanellope's kart... JonTron's a heartless jerk for thinking that was hackneyed.

I felt bad too, but I don't shed tears during movies.

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I felt bad too, but I don't shed tears during movies.
I didn't feel that bad the first two times I saw this movie, but this time, I actually cried...

The Dark Knight said:
Pretty much every Disney movie has a part where everything goes wrong. That was Wreck-it Ralph's.
Usually I don't like the "misunderstanding", because I hate it when people are not on the same level on things, not to mention in regards to movies, it's usually just there to "increase drama" and pad things out until the happy ending, but here it was done very well. After all
what King Candy said makes sense, and Ralph has no reason to doubt that it's true. I can also sympathize with Vanellope, who sees that Ralph has the medal and therefore jumps to the most obvious conclusion, seeing as Ralph has made it clear to her throughout their time together that he's most interested in getting his medal back, so it makes sense that she'd think he sold her out. And unlike most cases of the "misunderstanding", where a character realizes they jumped to the wrong conclusion and run to make up for it, Ralph instead realizes that King Candy was lying, not to mention he gained a new perspective on "needs of the many" after seeing what his game-jumping has caused for his own game.
It's all done really well, and in a way that isn't annoying. God, I just love this movie so much...

Also, I caught a TMNT arcade cabinet in the background during one shot, I think it was one of the times Ralph was looking out and seeing Sugar Rush, but I forget which.

Hey Smashgoom, could you do me a favor? At the scene where Ralph and Vanellope start building a kart, I swear Vanellope calls Rakph "GLaDOS". Can you check the captions to see the official line?

Gundam Tanaka said:
Hey Smashgoom, could you do me a favor? At the scene where Ralph and Vanellope start building a kart, I swear Vanellope calls Rakph "GLaDOS". Can you check the captions to see the official line?
I have to admit, it sounded like "Gladas" or "Gladus" when she said it... Or is that how you're supposed to pronounce it? Either way, next time I watch the movie, I'll turn the captions on.

Back