Wreck-it Ralph

Nabber said:
The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
^

Inspired by the Fairly Odd Parents song "If I lived in TV", a kid from the real world decides that living in a video game has to be easier than living in the real world (no school, homework, parents, teachers, bullies, siblings, or having to grow up, and chooses a world full of superpowers, hi tech weapons and the ability to instantly come back to life every time you die). So he builds a portal allowing him to bypass the fourth wall and live in the video game world. I'm still working on the antagonist (no I'm not trying to make it official like a couple of you know who's.).
I'm writing a BETTER Wreck-It Ralph
Make Candy King be a glitch in your story.

I just saw this hours ago. And it was absolutely brilliant. Best movie I've seen in Theaters in years (I don't go very often but regardless).

I'm not sure I can really go into detail what I loved about it. But it was just clever all the way through and being a gamer just makes the movie even more enjoyable. Even if I weren't a gamer though, the story is solid. And all the characters were great.

Every time I recognized a cameo, I was all "FUCK YEAH" and I probably startled the middle-aged lady sitting in front of me in the theater. :\

Nabber said:
*my ridiculous idea for a sequel*
I'm writing a BETTER Wreck-It Ralph

Prove it

Pokémon Trainer Toad85 said:
Every time I recognized a cameo, I was all "FUCK YEAH" and I probably startled the middle-aged lady sitting in front of me in the theater. :\

Remind me to never go to the movies with you.

Anyway, I can't wait for the DVD release.

My local newspaper's review wasn't very flattering, but for the most part, critics seem to be giving it a thumbs-up (i.e. 85% "fresh" rating on the Rotten Tomatoes review aggregator site, which is the same rating as the likes of The Hunger Games, Frankenweenie, Easy A and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, to give some comparison).

The 45th Nazgul said:
Sunscreen said:
Seen it and it was awesome.
Major spoilers ahead. Do not read unless you have seen it.
i had no idea that the king was Turbo. I also liked the part where Van called Ralf GLaDOS.

I kind of suspected the king was bad from the begining but I didn't realize it was Turbo either,BTW I think my favorite reference in the movie was That NES controler.
If you listen during the Turbo flashback, he has the same voice as King Candy - that's what tipped me off right from the start. Him turning into a Cy-bug did take me by surprise, tho.

GameFly Felix is kind of a jerk compared to movie Felix, though he's not nearly as bad as Turbo.

Has anyone played the game?
I, too, would like to know how good the game is, as I'm interested in getting it.

That scene where Ralph was going to sacrifice his life in order to create a beacon almost made me cry because it reminded me of the last scene in The Iron Giant, but Ralph is falling down not flying up ;D

^
I have to say, that scene and the part where

Ralph smashes Vanessa's car because of what lies King Candy told him

Were particularly emotional scenes for me.

I literally JUST got back from seeing it like, 5 minutes ago, and I gotta get that ending credits theme on my mediaplayer...

YOU MUST SEE IT!!!! no really, don't be a GlaDos and GO SEE IT NOW!!!

Stargatedalek said:
I literally JUST got back from seeing it like, 5 minutes ago, and I gotta get that ending credits theme on my mediaplayer...

YOU MUST SEE IT!!!! no really, don't be a GlaDos and GO SEE IT NOW!!!

Already did. 8)

Fantastic movie. My favorite reference was when Ralph pulled the Metal Gear exclamation point out of the box.

Awesome Koopa said:
Fantastic movie. My favorite reference was when Ralph pulled the Metal Gear exclamation point out of the box.

I loved that reference too. It's one of those references where only the nerds and gamers get it.

MCS said:
Awesome Koopa said:

I loved that reference too. It's one of those references where only the nerds and gamers get it.
Funny, almost everyone in the theater laughed at that part, myself and my friend included!

Awesome Koopa said:
That was AWESOME!

Smashgoom202 said:
MCS said:
Awesome Koopa said:

Funny, almost everyone in the theater laughed at that part, myself and my friend included!

Yeah, so did the theater I was at, but the majority of the theater probably laughed because of the sound it made, and the fact that it transformed from a period to an exclamation point when it did make the sound. I mean, I'm sure the theater had more Brawl players than MGS, so I know some people got the reference from Brawl, because the exclamation point was in Shadow Moses Island.

one thing I didn't get, if it was limited to arcade, explain some of the characters, IE wii and pc characters or references to such

S-U-G-A-R
Jump into your racing car
Say SUGAR RUSH! SUGAR RUSH! (Hey!)
S-U-G-A-R
Jump into your racing car
Say SUGAR RUSH! (Hey!) SUGAR RUSH!

Back