Wreck-it Ralph

MCS said:
Well, I just went to see it. Really enjoyed it.

My thoughts are in the spoiler:

I really liked all those subtle references (the Exclamation Mark from Metal Gear and King Candy puts in the Konami Code in the NES controller to access his database) and all the characters from old, forgotten games that made cameos. I nerdgasmed when I saw Tapper and Q*bert, I remember playing those on a CD when I was little.

I just kinda wish they visited other games though...They were in Sugar Rush for the majority of the movie, I wish we saw Ralph visit some other series (He does in the credits but not the actual movie), but the licensing fees probably would have been through the roof.

EDIT: Oh, and I also thought it was really neat the way certain characters moved really choppily, such as the Nicelanders in Fix-It Felix.

the reason the movie is mostly in Sugar Rush, is because Vanellope is a bug in the game. She can't leave.

Crackin355 said:
MCS said:
Well, I just went to see it. Really enjoyed it.

My thoughts are in the spoiler:

I really liked all those subtle references (the Exclamation Mark from Metal Gear and King Candy puts in the Konami Code in the NES controller to access his database) and all the characters from old, forgotten games that made cameos. I nerdgasmed when I saw Tapper and Q*bert, I remember playing those on a CD when I was little.

I just kinda wish they visited other games though...They were in Sugar Rush for the majority of the movie, I wish we saw Ralph visit some other series (He does in the credits but not the actual movie), but the licensing fees probably would have been through the roof.

EDIT: Oh, and I also thought it was really neat the way certain characters moved really choppily, such as the Nicelanders in Fix-It Felix.

the reason the movie is mostly in Sugar Rush, is because Vanellope is a bug in the game. She can't leave.
Yeah, glitches can't leave to different games. Simple science.

MCS said:
I know, but it's not like he couldn't have visited several games before he visited Sugar Rush.
But they wanted to have a plot that wasn't just "Let's make a movie about video games".

Roserade said:
Yeah, glitches can't leave to different games. Simple science.

Duh. I already said that he could have visited other games BEFORE Sugar Rush.

Nabber said:
MCS said:
I know, but it's not like he couldn't have visited several games before he visited Sugar Rush.
But they wanted to have a plot that wasn't just "Let's make a movie about video games".

Well, at least in the planned sequel, they're going to explore home and online gaming, so that'll be neat.

I hope they don't do a sequel for this,but your right they more than likely will.

Ghost Nappa said:
But this soon?
Actually, it was announced before the movie came out. But yeah that's usually what happens. I'm not really annoyed though because it was a really good movie and has a lot of potential in sequels.

Nabber said:
Ghost Nappa said:
But this soon?
Actually, it was announced before the movie came out. But yeah that's usually what happens. I'm not really annoyed though because it was a really good movie and has a lot of potential in sequels.
Maybe an epic battle between video game characters?

Not officially, but the director has said in an interview that they're looking into a sequel.

Nabber said:
Well duh, they literally do that for nearly every movie these days.

Yeah. Related, while the trailers before Wreck-It Ralph were rolling, I saw a trailer for The Smurfs 2 (not surprised) and Despicable Me 2 (also not surprised, people loved those little minions), and after Wikipediaing The Smurfs 2, I read they're already planning a script for the Smurfs 3 when the Smurfs 2 doesn't come out for months.

MCS said:
Nabber said:
Well duh, they literally do that for nearly every movie these days.

Yeah. Related, while the trailers before Wreck-It Ralph were rolling, I saw a trailer for The Smurfs 2 (not surprised) and Despicable Me 2 (also not surprised, people loved those little minions), and after Wikipediaing The Smurfs 2, I read they're already planning a script for the Smurfs 3 when the Smurfs 2 doesn't come out for months.
I thought the Smurfs wasn't received well. Why make a sequel to a movie that didn't do well.

Ghost Nappa said:
I thought the Smurfs wasn't received well. Why make a sequel to a movie that didn't do well.

Most of the time in the movie business, when there's a cute creature in a movie, or a movie with talking animals of some sort, they're bound to make a sequel.

Nabber said:
Not officially, but the director has said in an interview that they're looking into a sequel.
and they all those interviews months before they even finish making the film, so they may already be making the sequel

I was thinking that maybe the sequel would involve multiple copies of games, therefore clones of characters, but I guess not.

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
MCS said:
Well, at least in the planned sequel, they're going to explore home and online gaming, so that'll be neat.

Well, that's a bit different than the sequel I had in mind.

What did you have in mind?

They should have Pokemon in the next one.

The Little Traitor Dudes For Children's Defense said:
^

Inspired by the Fairly Odd Parents song "If I lived in TV", a kid from the real world decides that living in a video game has to be easier than living in the real world (no school, homework, parents, teachers, bullies, siblings, or having to grow up, and chooses a world full of superpowers, hi tech weapons and the ability to instantly come back to life every time you die). So he builds a portal allowing him to bypass the fourth wall and live in the video game world. I'm still working on the antagonist (no I'm not trying to make it official like a couple of you know who's.).
I'm writing a BETTER Wreck-It Ralph

Back