Pokémon Conquest / Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (DS Cross-over game)

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
Seems like a new Pokemon game has been revealed, and it is not the anticipated third installment to the fifth generation Pokemon games. No, it is a much different game that is based on a collaboration between The Pokemon Company and Koei, the makers of Nobunaga’s Ambition.

According to Wikipedia, “Nobunaga’s Ambition is a series of turn-based grand strategy role-playing simulation video games, first released in 1983 by the Japanese video game developer Koei. Nobunaga’s Ambition takes place during the Sengoku period of feudal Japan. As the title suggests, the player is tasked with achieving the ultimate goal of warlord Oda Nobunaga: the conquest and unification of Japan. Selecting Oda Nobunaga is optional, however, as the player is also able to choose from a variety of other regional daimyos of the time.”

Apparently there will be Pokemon elements in this strategy based game as well. Here is the trailer and a few screenshots:

pokemon-nobunaga's-ambition-jigglypuff.gif
pokemon-nobunaga's-ambition-mewtwo.gif
pokemon-nobunaga's-ambition.gif
pokemon-nobunaga's-ambition-articuno.gif
pokemon-nobunaga's-ambition-cover.gif

Anyways, discuss...

Re: New Pokemon game for the DS revealed (not Grey)

It'd be nice if I could understand Japanese...all I got out of that was hai (yes).

asdf, no Ruby/Sapphire remakes or third installment. I guess those can wait.

Anyways, what is the name of this new game?

Mariomario64 said:
asdf, no Ruby/Sapphire remakes or third installment. I guess those can wait.

Anyways, what is the name of this new game?

So far under Japanese translations, the game is referred to as Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition. Apparently it is set for release in Japan in Spring 2012. No word on its international release as of yet; however (but remember the game just got revealed to Japan very recently).

Also new details!:

*Like the main games, you can select either a male or female heroine. They both start with Eevee

*Nobunaga is the main warlord who has Zekrom as his partner

*Oichi is a character who helps you in the game, paired with Jigglypuff

*Mitsuhude is a character teamed with Articuno (unknown role)
*Shingen is a character teamed with Groudon (unknown role)
*Kenshin is a character teamed with Mewtwo (unknown role)

Sigh... I guess we'll have to wait for R/S remakes. Why are they making so many spinoffs? But it does seem cool.

Oh God, that guy with Mewtwo will hard as shit to beat.

That aside, this looks really interesting, although I kinda wanted to see some gameplay but I guess not.

EDIT: Oh Shi- I thought the trailer was the same one I watched from before I saw this topic. The gameplay does looks pretty good.

Ultraluigi said:
Sigh... I guess we'll have to wait for R/S remakes. Why are they making so many spinoffs? But it does seem cool.

I personally think it is too soon to be getting the news of a remake. Remakes generally tend to follow a year or so after the third installment of the newest generation. Of course, this might not always be the case; however, I'm assuming this is Nintendo's strategy for marketing purposes.

I'm betting that we'll probably be hearing about the third installment of the fifth generation games (Grey?) by early 2012 (a year and a half from the original Japanese release of Black and White sounds good for marketing purposes). I'm assuming that these spin-offs (well this is a cross-over) will give them time to develop and properly release the third game and possibly the remakes.

Anyways, while this game might seem different, I personally think it is something fresh, new (well at least to the Pokemon series), and quite interesting. As others have pointed out, this is the first cross-over of the Pokemon series with another (not including the Smash Bros. series with other Nintendo series).

EDIT: Oh Shi- I thought the trailer was the same one I watched from before I saw this topic. The gameplay does looks pretty good.

Yeah, I changed the old video since a new trailer of sorts was released in a better quality. ;)

Propeller Toad said:
Ultraluigi said:

I personally think it is too soon to be getting the news of a remake. Remakes generally tend to follow a year or so after the third installment of the newest generation. Of course, this might not always be the case; however, I'm assuming this is Nintendo's strategy for marketing purposes.

I'm betting that we'll probably be hearing about the third installment of the fifth generation games (Grey?) by early 2012 (a year and a half from the original Japanese release of Black and White sounds good for marketing purposes). I'm assuming that these spin-offs (well this is a cross-over) will give them time to develop and properly release the third game and possibly the remakes.

Anyways, while this game might seem different, I personally think it is something fresh, new (well at least to the Pokemon series), and quite interesting. As others have pointed out, this is the first cross-over of the Pokemon series with another (not including the Smash Bros. series with other Nintendo series).

Yeah, I changed the old video since a new trailer of sorts was released in a better quality. ;)
But Masuda has hinted at remakes, and there's absolutely no info about grey. I wish they'd just go and announce Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta already. It's not like people don't know.

But Masuda has hinted at remakes, and there's absolutely no info about grey. I wish they'd just go and announce Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta already. It's not like people don't know.

Oh no, I didn't say anything referring to that there wouldn't be remakes. There will definitely be remakes as seeing how successful HG/SS and FR/LG were, Nintendo is not going to want miss this chance either (especially since fans are also expecting the remakes). That hint is one of the many proofs that there will be remakes. ;)

I'm also certain that the third game of gen 5 will also be appearing quite soon as not only is it a trend, but there is also much details to be added into Black and White as an upgrade. Just like Platinum, it will be all hush hush until they reveal the game with a big eye catching difference. Not to mention that it will sell very well regardless (as a Pokemon game).

As for Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta, I'm sure that these guys will eventually be revealed officially soon enough once the various movies start to be revealed and released. They seem to always do this (even though we knew Pokemon like Arceus way before hand its official release several years later).

As for the game in this topic, an interesting cross-over...trying to get back to topic. ;D

Toad85 said:
And they are making this for the DS why?
Why do they keep releasing DS games? The 3DS has been out for 6 months.

FUCK, NO GREY OR REMAKES.

Rumble Blast and PokePark Wii 2 were enough; after this, can we get back to mainstream Nintendo?

Master Koopakid said:
Ugh, not another spin-off...

At leats its not like Pokepark or something. I do wish it was for the 3DS though

"Developed by Koei"? That explains why the designs are so similar to those of Samurai Warriors.

Awesome stuff! ;D

Pyro said:
*bleep*, NO GREY OR REMAKES.

Rumble Blast and PokePark Wii 2 were enough; after this, can we get back to mainstream Nintendo?

We'll likely get back to track with the announcement in January. Remember, the third installments (Grey) are usually released 2 years after the first two (Black and White), so we'll probably get information around early 2012 (perhaps January as well). By the pattern, Grey should be released in September 2012. As for remakes, I'm expecting another year or two after that for its announcement. The fifth generation games are still quite young in their timelines.

Ultraluigi said:
Toad85 said:
And they are making this for the DS why?
Why do they keep releasing DS games? The 3DS has been out for 6 months.

Also I agree that it is odd for the game to be on the DS, but then again Nintendo did say that they were continuing games for it. However, 3DS players shouldn't have a problem since they can still play it on their systems. As a cross-over, we should at least see the potential of this "new" addition to the franchise.

Propeller Toad said:
We'll likely get back to track with the announcement in January. Remember, the third installments (Grey) are usually released 2 years after the first two (Black and White), so we'll probably get information around early 2012 (perhaps January as well). By the pattern, Grey should be released in September 2012. As for remakes, I'm expecting another year or two after that for its announcement. The fifth generation games are still quite young in their timelines.
Too bad Grey won't be for the 3DS because that wouldn't make any sense - cross-system games! However, the R/S remakes are likely to be on the 3DS. I'm about to make a post for my ideas about it in another thread.

Pandapowah said:
Master Koopakid said:
Ugh, not another spin-off...

At leats its not like Pokepark or something. I do wish it was for the 3DS though

PokePark is one of my favourite Pokemon games. Hell, it's my #1 Pokemon Game. That's why I'm psyched for PokePark 2

Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (DS Cross-over game)

I saw the trailer for this game, and it looks pretty neat.

New Update:

Apparently more details have been released for this game since the recent leak of the game from the latest issue of CoroCoro. Here is the box art as well as some details from Serebii:

box.jpg

CoroCoro scans are starting to come off of various online sources. The first of these scans confirm that the battles you have are in the 6 VS 6 battles, using 1 Pokémon per trainer, but with multiple trainers in each area. Once you defeat the leaders of each of the 17 castles across the kingdoms, you take the castle for yourself. You make new Pokémon friends by linking with wild Pokémon outside of battle and befriend the leaders who can then aid you with their special power, increasing your strength, movement or Hit Points.

You also have the ability to battle with friends across the Nintendo WiFi Connection and wireless play.

It also revealed new warrior leaders and their Pokémon
Hideyoshi has Monferno (but is seen in the trailer with Infernape)
Motonari has Servine
Motochika has Dewott

The official site has updated with the information provided in CoroCoro yesterday. While no further information was revealed, a lot was clarified with the aid of pictures such as the Ponigiri which help improve the Pokémon strength, scouting for warriors and so forth. It also confirms that Pokémon drop items when defeated and that flying Pokémon can move further as they can jump over obstacles. Your taken castles can be attacked by the various neighbours and you can also attack them

The release date for this game has been confirmed to be March 17th 2012 for Japan. There has yet to be any news for whether or not this game will be localized or not. If there was to be, I have a feeling e3 2012 might be the best shot if anything (not confirmed of course).

I wish I could see some actual screenshots of the game. :-\

This will be the worst Pokemon game ever! I like the traditional ones.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
This will be the worst Pokemon game ever! I like the traditional ones.
...Well, just because YOU prefer the traditional games more, that doesn't mean that's ALL the series has to be.

Personally, I like the of using Pokemon to branch out into a bunch of different Spin-offs. I mean, there are 600+ Pokemon to use in various settings and such, the possibilities are practicially endless!

Back