Pokémon Conquest / Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (DS Cross-over game)

Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (DS Cross-over game)

^ that. pretty happy about this.

If this isn't a RPG, I'm going to be so dissapointed

I think maybe we should change the thread title now that we have an official English name for the game.

Mariomario64 said:
I think maybe we should change the thread title now that we have an official English name for the game.
Monkey D. Luffy said:
Fuck yeah. Someone change the name to Pokemon Conquest.

That makes two people asking.

please tell me this isn't 3DS only.

It's not being released for the 3DS. It's been released for the DS.

Red Barchetta said:
It's not being released for the 3DS. It's been released for the DS.
AW YES.

now I need to find a rom of it.

Judging from the characters I'd say this is being made by KOEI, tell me if I'm right or not.

A little late on the project but sounds pretty neat, plus cool starter.

I am playing it ATM.

I just love it when that little eevee jumps.

that just screams "CUTENESS!".

SexyEspeon said:
I am playing it ATM.

I just love it when that little eevee jumps.

that just screams "CUTENESS!".

When does it come out in English?

Hopefully the European Release is around that time as well.

So far there hasn't been any information relating to a European release of this game.

Please let there be a White Kyurem and Black Kyurem

It most likely won't happen. Since it's been released in Japanese already I think, and there's no white/blak Kyurem.

Nice to see that this game is indeed being released worldwide. Though it is a Pokemon spin-off, so this was to be expected (oddly enough).

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
*bleep* yeah. Someone change the name to Pokemon Conquest.

Just did. Apologies for the delay. ;)

I think it sort of looks like Myster Dungeon style gameplay. But with human trainers, taking over regions and stuff.

Isn't there some sort of thing where your character changes his looks and is like, leveled up or something. Then you can evolve the Eevee or something. All I know is that it's possible, not how to do it.

Oh and the main character can get an Arceus I think. I saw something on serebii about it.

I finally got this game after not finding it at GameStop (I got it at Target).

I named my character Yoh, since I'm reading Shaman King and I couldn't think of a shorter (or longer) Japanese name.

I haven't played much of it, but I must admit, I like seeing younger versions of Mitsunari Ishida, Masanori Fukushima, and Kiyomasa Kato. Hell, I even saw a younger version of Hideyoshi Toyotomi (or Hideyoshi Hashiba, I suppose, at that point) while on another forum! This is one thing I like about this game over Samurai Warriors 3, which is how I know these guys, since all the characters look the same throughout the game, while here, they're younger depending on who's "on top" as it were, as in the three-four points in this period of history. As I see it, there are three eras:

-Shigen Takeda-Kenshin Uesugi-Ujiyaso period
-Nobunaga Oda period
-Hideyoshi Toyotomi period
-Ieyasu Tokugawa period

It makes sense that the characters would look younger depending on what time period it is, and I like that extra detail.

Anyway, I'm apparently a "Warlord", despite being a young due with an Eevee while everyone else has a bunch of legendaries by their side and seem a lot more ambitious than I do, but whatever. There are these guys named Koroku and Nagayasu, I wonder if he's a historical figure like everyone else... probably not. Anyway, they're from rivaling kingdoms and they want to battle. I guess that's how Feudal Japan works: if someone wants something, they try and take it by force.

Already I'm thrust into battle and I have NO idea what I'm doing (though I DID notice that these guys were labeled as being part of Hideyoshi's army for some reason). It seems like some sort of elaborate game of chess, but you only have a certain number of turns. Also, there are victory and defeat objectives, which leads me to believe that there's more than one way to win or lose, rather then just all units getting defeated...

I noticed little numbers by the sides of the Pokémon. I assume that's their HP. I couldn't help but notice that my Eevee and Oichi's Jigglypuff have WAY more then the other guys' Tepig and Bidoof. Then again, this being the first battle, it SHOULD be easy...

This all seems very similar to Fire Emblem... And I love Fire Emblem! I think I'm going to like this game!

How does one even BECOME a warlord? By the title, I assume I became a warlord by force and battle, but my character doesn't seem like that at all. Not to mention there are guys picking fights with me already! Geez...

Anyway, I beat them with ease, and the results screen has the typical increased level/strength stuff, but they actually showed what happens to your opponents. This leads me to believe that it's possible for opponents, with links to their Pokémon, to join your side. It's pretty intriguing stuff.

I also couldn't help but notice how all this is taking place. Apparently, those two buffoons work for Hideyoshi, but he's supposed to be a retainer of Nobunaga Oda, whose sister is Oichi, who's joining MY army! Then again, I'm just going to assume that nothing in this game, aside from the names, is historically accurate.

Anyway, GREAT start, even though I'm left wondering about a few things...

Smashgoom202 said:
I finally got this game after not finding it at GameStop (I got it at Target).

I named my character Yoh, since I'm reading Shaman King and I couldn't think of a shorter (or longer) Japanese name.

I haven't played much of it, but I must admit, I like seeing younger versions of Mitsunari Ishida, Masanori Fukushima, and Kiyomasa Kato. Hell, I even saw a younger version of Hideyoshi Toyotomi (or Hideyoshi Hashiba, I suppose, at that point) while on another forum! This is one thing I like about this game over Samurai Warriors 3, which is how I know these guys, since all the characters look the same throughout the game, while here, they're younger depending on who's "on top" as it were, as in the three-four points in this period of history. As I see it, there are three eras:

-Shigen Takeda-Kenshin Uesugi-Ujiyaso period
-Nobunaga Oda period
-Hideyoshi Toyotomi period
-Ieyasu Tokugawa period

It makes sense that the characters would look younger depending on what time period it is, and I like that extra detail.

Anyway, I'm apparently a "Warlord", despite being a young due with an Eevee while everyone else has a bunch of legendaries by their side and seem a lot more ambitious than I do, but whatever. There are these guys named Koroku and Nagayasu, I wonder if he's a historical figure like everyone else... probably not. Anyway, they're from rivaling kingdoms and they want to battle. I guess that's how Feudal Japan works: if someone wants something, they try and take it by force.

Already I'm thrust into battle and I have NO idea what I'm doing (though I DID notice that these guys were labeled as being part of Hideyoshi's army for some reason). It seems like some sort of elaborate game of chess, but you only have a certain number of turns. Also, there are victory and defeat objectives, which leads me to believe that there's more than one way to win or lose, rather then just all units getting defeated...

I noticed little numbers by the sides of the Pokémon. I assume that's their HP. I couldn't help but notice that my Eevee and Oichi's Jigglypuff have WAY more then the other guys' Tepig and Bidoof. Then again, this being the first battle, it SHOULD be easy...

This all seems very similar to Fire Emblem... And I love Fire Emblem! I think I'm going to like this game!

How does one even BECOME a warlord? By the title, I assume I became a warlord by force and battle, but my character doesn't seem like that at all. Not to mention there are guys picking fights with me already! Geez...

Anyway, I beat them with ease, and the results screen has the typical increased level/strength stuff, but they actually showed what happens to your opponents. This leads me to believe that it's possible for opponents, with links to their Pokémon, to join your side. It's pretty intriguing stuff.

I also couldn't help but notice how all this is taking place. Apparently, those two buffoons work for Hideyoshi, but he's supposed to be a retainer of Nobunaga Oda, whose sister is Oichi, who's joining MY army! Then again, I'm just going to assume that nothing in this game, aside from the names, is historically accurate.

Anyway, GREAT start, even though I'm left wondering about a few things...

I have a short review.

eevee approved.

that's pretty much what I can say but this game's wicked addicting.

Hey, I've got a question for players who know what's going on in the game: you can create links with different Pokemon, right? How do you USE those Pokemon in battle? Or CAN you use them in battle? I think it's weird to create a link with a different Pokemon and no even use them in battle, so what's up, how do I do it?

Smashgoom202 said:
Hey, I've got a question for players who know what's going on in the game: you can create links with different Pokemon, right? How do you USE those Pokemon in battle? Or CAN you use them in battle? I think it's weird to create a link with a different Pokemon and no even use them in battle, so what's up, how do I do it?

To to info when choosing an area, it will show you you're people, then you can change between links.

Everyone has certain Pokemon that they have strong links with.

I got this today and I have the first 3 areas along with the electric one. I blew three hours Making links go up, but I kept changing to get the character-specific links. I'm really loving it. S much strategy. I keep my Water Types in the fire area, grass types in the electric area, fire types in the grass area, electric types in the water area and the normal/other types in the original area. I really need to continue with the story soon.

Back