Mario Party 5

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Of course I'd make a thread for my favorite Mario Party installment! Ok, let me get started on the many things I like about it. The music is very catchy and some rather sad. Another reason, the minigames. Also, the replayability. There's so much to unlock. The general reasons I like this game. Now discuss.

Not to mention that this is the first Mario Party game in which Toad is a playable character. :P

While I don't own the game, it was a rather fun game I must admit from experience, and it is definitely one of my favourite Mario Party installments.

i bought it used

(not too long ago i bought it so of course i had to get it used :( )

but, it is so much fun! :D

i love the ice cream minigame ^_^

New Super Mario said:
Never played this one, but I would like to try it sometime
it's a good way to try out game through the emulator "Dolphin"
it plays GameCube/Wii games on your Computer

you can download ROM's (or, the GC/Wii files are called ISO's) and play the ENTIRE game on Dolphin as if you owned the game

Ok, now back on subject. Some of my favorite minigames are Hotel Goomba and Piece Out (I'm happy that it got remade as a full-length game in Mario Party DS). I'm not good at Will Flower, Fish Sticks, Triple Jump, Berry Basket, Submarathon, Button Mashers (I could never time the button press right. :(.), Merry Poppings, Pump 'n' Jump, and Wind Wavers.

OMG i LOOOOOVE Hotel Goomba! ^_^

i play that like 10 times every time i play MarioParty5 :D

I really love the Duel Minigames in Mario Party 5 and just the minigames in general. My favorite minigame of all Mario Parties is in Mario Party 5, Mario Mechs.

Guess the minigame anyone?:

GP5E01-93.png

YoshiKartWii said:
you can download ROM's (or, the GC/Wii files are called ISO's) and play the ENTIRE game on Dolphin as if you owned the game

You know that's illegal, right? Unless you have a legit copy of the game. But we do it anyway

Everything's Illegal. Everybody does it anyway.

I bought it a while ago, Used on eBay. Really fun, but I didnt play it much.

Never played any Mario Party's 1-7.

New Christmas Yoshi said:
Never played any Mario Party's 1-7.
If you don't even have those games, why post in such a thread? This thread is for Mario Party 5 discussion, and if you don't even have the damn game, there's nothing really to discuss...

Anyhow, here's some interesting info:
In the minigame Shy Guy Showdown, you remember the one sign the Shy Guy holds up with the false "M" button? I was once playing Mario Party 5 with an unlicensed Mad Catz controller and noticed it also had an M button. I tried pressing the button on the controller, and it actually shot the opponent.

Pinkie Pie said:
Of course I'd make a thread for my favorite Mario Party installment!

Someone other than me actually likes the fifth party? ^_^

@ BLOF: Merry Poppings.

My favorite mini-game is Coney Island and I love how the Frightmare mini-game has references to SMB3/SMW.

Crackin355 said:
Everything's Illegal. Everybody does it anyway.

No, my point is downloading ROMs/ISOs off the net is illegal and no one should encourage other people to do that.

I like how most of the duel minigames are western-themed.

Most are also scientific themed as well. Thwomp Maze, Countdown Pound, Ground Pound, the one with the Amps in it, and Piece Out all have the same theme.

I felt this one had great mini-games, but a horrible party mode. Music in this one is ok.

I think this installment had the best minigames. I mean, seriously, there's minigames where you ride giant robots and shoot each other and one where you knock people into the sun. If that isn't epic, what is?

Pinkie Pie said:
I think this installment had the best minigames. I mean, seriously, there's minigames where you ride giant robots and shoot each other and one where you knock people into the sun. If that isn't epic, what is?

Mario Mechs and Heat Stroke respectively.

Mario_Party_5_Mechs.png

Wario_wins_in_Heat_Stroke.png

I felt this one had great mini-games, but a horrible party mode. Music in this one is ok.

I totally agree. Whenever I play Mario Party 5, I RARELY play the Party Mode, I go for the minigame mode.

Crackin355 said:
I love the minigames where you run around avoiding stuff or trying to knock each other off.

Fish Upon a Star and Frozen Frenzy (which fit what you describe) are some minigames that I like. Especially Frozen Frenzy.

The Party mode wasn't that bad. At least the boards' catchy, cheerful music keeps me from not playing it.

I love party Mode in every game. I find the boards creative and fun to explore and look at the scenery. Plus the music is great, Like UM said.
^This Music, it just, was really relaxing but it had that part in it where it starts dimming down then it comes back up with an amazing part of the song. 0:26-0:32 to be exact. Really loved that part.

Crackin355 said:
I also like the games where you have to run from stuff or jump across stuff.

I just thought up of two minigames, but both were from Mario Party 6......(Granite Getaway, Lift Leapers)

Do you have any specific minigame that you like in Mario Party 5?

Back